Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come"
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 27, 2008 10:01

PlayStation business head Kaz Hirai admitted to having a " difficult time" with PlayStation 3' s launch, due in part to Sony' s initially framing it as a broad media system as opposed to a video game console.

" However, by refocusing the positioning of PS3 first and foremost as a gaming platform, we were able to bring an attractive title lineup and achieve a sufficient number of PS3 sales as expected in the fiscal year 2007 holiday season," Hirai said.

Now that developers are no longer " confused," Hirai said, the console can begin to realize its potential. " As PlayStation 3 approaches the second anniversary of its release, the release of PS3 software titles with the true generation quality only available on PS3 is accelerating," he said, citing Metal Gear Solid 4 as one such title.

At least he didn' t say " next-gen" .
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 27, 2008 10:37
But what about Ridge Racer? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 27, 2008 12:59
He says the same thing every six months , its getting really annoying .
mastachefbkw

RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 27, 2008 13:04
Was it Kaz or Ken who made the 4-D statement?
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 27, 2008 16:51
Yes, well, Blinx 2 claimed to be " 5D" . And that was from Microsoft.

Conclusion: Everyone talks shit, not just Sony.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200406/017.asp

ORIGINAL: Me, 2004
5D? You what? The forthcoming game, subtitled Masters of Time & Space, is described by Microsoft as " the world' s first 5-D game" , as it gives players control over both Time and Space.

When I last went to school, that was still only four dimensions (the three dimensions of space, and time being the fourth). The nature of the fifth dimension is is largely agreed by the science world to be a " moral dimension" that measures a depth of good and a depth of bad. This idea is nowhere to be seen in Blinx. So whereas the original' s label as 4D was just creative with marketing the truth, in that ALL games offer time (or they wouldn' t exist for any length of time at all), this is just insulting the game' s target audience. But what do I know, I' m just a gamer.

Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 27, 2008 17:16
With Bluray beating HDDVD it is interesting that Sony are now putting almost zero advertising into the format. With the exception of those recent games which have bloated to fill a whole Bluray disc I don' t think we' ve seen anything yet on the PS3 that couldn' t run on a 360 just as well. That' s not to say we won' t considering the PS3' s supposed immense power, but there isn' t anything I' ve seen previews of necessarily pushes the boundaries yet.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 27, 2008 22:48
5d? pfft thats lame, 8d is where its at.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 28, 2008 03:32

The nature of the fifth dimension is is largely agreed by the science world to be a " moral dimension" that measures a depth of good and a depth of bad.

That' s news to me. From what little I' ve gleaned of quantum physics , there might be additional dimensions, a dozen or so, which exist in inconceivably small threads within our three-dimensional reality.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 28, 2008 10:25

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

5d? pfft thats lame, 8d is where its at.

Haha.
But what is it now 2 years after, the " true potential" games are being released or are to come but by 2009 MS will unveil Xbox 512-HD? And by 2010 new consoles will be born. PS4 <---Terry keeps you alive
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 01:05

Conclusion: Everyone talks shit, not just Sony.

Thats right. The problem is Sony are repeating tha same $%^& for a long time now.[:' (]
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 02:02
I like Kaz. Kikizo had a fantastic video interview with him a while back, and while we all had our fun with the Ridge Racer line, he' s without a doubt the most solid mind up top at Sony right now. Giving him Ken Kutaragi' s spot was the smartest thing Sony' s done this generation.

Haha.
But what is it now 2 years after, the " true potential" games are being released or are to come but by 2009 MS will unveil Xbox 512-HD? And by 2010 new consoles will be born. PS4 <---Terry keeps you alive

Don' t expect Xbox 3 until 2011-2012.

I don' t think we' ve seen anything yet on the PS3 that couldn' t run on a 360 just as well.

MGS4

" As PlayStation 3 approaches the second anniversary of its release, the release of PS3 software titles with the true generation quality only available on PS3 is accelerating,"

How is he talking out of his ass?

MGS4
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
SOCOM
LittleBigPlanet

Sony is going to have a great year, you' d have a hard time debating that. I don' t see what the fuss is here.
2pac

RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 02:15
Are you implying MGS4 couldnt run on a 360 ? Space constraint will obviously be an issue but i doubt 360 couldnt handle those visuals .

he' s without a doubt the most solid mind up top at Sony right now.

Thats not saying much

PS3 is getting great titles this year for sure but saying every 6 months that the true potential of the PS3 is yet to be realized is unnecessary . Its almost as if Sony are trying to give excuses as to why the ps3 games are not looking leaps and bounds over their competition as they claimed/claim they would .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 28 Jun 08 18:18:20 >
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 03:37

How is he talking out of his ass?

MGS4
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
SOCOM
LittleBigPlanet

Didn' t that get moved to next year?
< Message edited by Kelvinellenton -- 28 Jun 08 19:38:04 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 03:44
Yes, I mean from now until this time next year.

I don' t bother using calendar-years as reference. The year ends right in the middle of gaming' s biggest season anyhow.

Edit:

Are you implying MGS4 couldnt run on a 360 ? Space constraint will obviously be an issue but i doubt 360 couldnt handle those visuals .

It could handle the visuals just fine, with the right optimization, however it' s ability to run the visuals on par with the PS3 is irrelevant if you can' t fit the game' s contents onto the media.

Depending on what is taking up the majority of the space, you could fit the game onto five disks, but that' s so 1991.

Thats not saying much

PS3 is getting great titles this year for sure but saying every 6 months that the true potential of the PS3 is yet to be realized is unnecessary . Its almost as if Sony are trying to give excuses as to why the ps3 games are not looking leaps and bounds over their competition as they claimed/claim they would .

No, it' s not, but I' d rather have one competent man than a room of asshats.

They' re not, but they' re looking leaps and bounds better than this time a year, or two years ago. I predicted the 360 to have immediately better visuals because of their unified RAM, with the PS3 undergoing a heavy curve as developers learned to better work with Sony' s hardware, and nothing thus far has proven me wrong.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 28 Jun 08 19:58:44 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 04:30

Of course not. The 360 would implode and red ring itself to death just trying to run Snake' s sheer awesomeness

For those 360 fanboys out there, that was a joke
< Message edited by chimura -- 28 Jun 08 20:30:44 >
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 04:32

Of course nor. The 360 would implode just trying to run Snake' s sheer awesomeness

And then implode again to contain all the hints to Mr. Kojima' s crush on some supermodel, playboymagazines and cracking of the balls of a statue
mastachefbkw

RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 04:41

Of course not. The 360 would implode and red ring itself to death just trying to run Snake' s sheer awesomeness
If you were to put MGS4 in a 360 it would start spewing blood and organs from the disc drive.
2pac

RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 13:14

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

with the PS3 undergoing a heavy curve as developers learned to better work with Sony' s hardware, and nothing thus far has proven me wrong.

You working for the Sony PR office ?

I dont remember who pointed it out with all the specs and stuff i think it was Nitro , that the actual difference between the visuals will not be that much . Sony keeps saying about the ' true potential' of the ps3 , if the true potential of the ps3 is going to be realised only in 2012 , i will get the ps3 in 2012 . MY point is they dont need to stay shit like this . The PS3 games look great as it is .
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 16:52

Depending on what is taking up the majority of the space, you could fit the game onto five disks, but that' s so 1991

If the cutscenes in MGS werent pre recorded, i dont think the 360 would have much trouble fitting everything on a maximum of two disks.

KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 17:35
There are two pre-recorded cutscenes in MGS4.
The rest are in-engine.

It' s not anything on 360 wich makes a Microsoft' s bytes smaller, compared to Sony' s bytes on PS3.
It' s just using a different media, wich also are smaller.

If you could assume that MS allowed Konami to release it for the 360-users wich had harddrives, and therefore Konami could use archives, like they currently do on the Bluray-disk, you would get it on 5 DVD' s I believe.

During each act, they extract a archive full of heavily compressed data onto your harddrive. Wich get' s deleted when you move onto next act.
They' ve done this to reduce pressing time, and thus get cheaper production, not because they didn' t have more room on the Bluray.
That' s why the collector' s edition comes with a second Bluray, even tough there are space left on the game-disk, I guess.

I think, that maybe MGS Online will be ported to 360, some time in the future.
But I don' t think that Singleplayer MGS4 will get ported, especially concidering that they will need to completely redo parts of the game.

Hopefully, if MGS Online get' s ported, there won' t be need to hassle with Konami ID..

Just out of curiosity, would people here on Kikizo buy a 360 MGS Online (Let' s say 40$), if you didn' t get the story aswell, or would you feel the version were to gimped?

Would the ability to beeing able to finally crotch-grab people wich are giving you grief, calling you gay and similar, weigh up for that?
< Message edited by kongrudi -- 29 Jun 08 9:39:35 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread