Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 12:19

1) It' s quiet like a sleeping baby. A barely audible hum. With the TV on you simply can' t hear it at all.
2) It' s heavy like a planet. No, really. It' s impossible to pick up with one hand.
3) It' s shiny like a mirror. In fact, it' s impossible to take a photograph of it without the flash spanging every picture into a starburst mess. And therefore it' s massively prone to fingerprintage too, with the tiny amount of dust in the office magically attaching itself to its surface in seconds.
4) The PS3 joypad is very light and the tilt system is very responsive. We like.
5) The start up is amazingly fast. And game load times were faster than expected. In fact, PS3 does both at about the same speed of PSP. ie, Long load times due to the massive Blu-ray disc? Nope. Simply not an issue.
6) Andy' s fingers kept sliding off the shoulder buttons. But that' s because his fingers
are slippery.

Source

Can' t Wait to get one of these bad boys
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 3 Oct 06 4:20:26 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 12:34
Meh.

I' ve lost interest in PS3 this year. Mainly because I have to pay like $975 worth of driving/parking violation tickets just around PS3' s launch.

Those bastards caught me on the HOV lane and gave me a fucking $500 ticket a few weeks ago (it was double fine day, just my luck) then I got like 5 parking tickets accumulated.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 3 Oct 06 4:35:28 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 12:48
ouch, no wonder you' re always in a pissy mood.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 14:15
Yeah that explains a lot. Did you sprout a cob?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 14:47

It' s impossible to pick up with one hand.

Wimps.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 15:29

$500 isn' t that much money.
locopuyo

RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 15:33

So many oportunities to call him out.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 16:40
WTF?!

The things fast up fast enough [after the morons figure out how to turn it on], it looks great, then they put MotorStorm in the drive and just when it' s loading the video ends. I was hoping to see how quickly it' d load, especially as they compared it to the PSP in that respect, a machine that has been repeatedly slated for long loading times...

They look like a bunch of d!cks. They shouldn' t have a PS3 at all -- it should be sent to me. I wouldn' t get any freaking fingerprints on it. Once the machine is place, why do i need to touch it?!

The console and menu [from what you see] look sweet, and the fact that' s you ca' t hear it when you have the TV on [which you would] is great. Ofcourse, i can' t here my Dreamcast when i have the TV on, but it sounds like it' s not exceptionally loud which is always nice.

The one thing i love?! The fact that they are using the same Samsung TV' s that Microsoft used/use and not Sony Bravias!

Thanks Mikay.
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 3 Oct 06 8:41:20 >
Nitro

RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 16:48
PS3 remote...

...looks sh!t.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 16:53
It looks like a VCR remote from the 80' ies
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 17:16

The things fast up fast enough [after the morons figure out how to turn it on], it looks great, then they put MotorStorm in the drive and just when it' s loading the video ends. I was hoping to see how quickly it' d load, especially as they compared it to the PSP in that respect, a machine that has been repeatedly slated for long loading times

I think the game were loaded, it took 17 seconds from they left the menu with Motorstorm image and american trailer-music, until they got to the image were one of the people said ' Press start' ..
I can live with that.. :))

Nitro

RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 17:34

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

The things fast up fast enough [after the morons figure out how to turn it on], it looks great, then they put MotorStorm in the drive and just when it' s loading the video ends. I was hoping to see how quickly it' d load, especially as they compared it to the PSP in that respect, a machine that has been repeatedly slated for long loading times

I think the game were loaded, it took 17 seconds from they left the menu with Motorstorm image and american trailer-music, until they got to the image were one of the people said ' Press start' ..
I can live with that.. :))

Firstly, the screen where you say it says " press start" isn' t the start screen it' s a loading screen. It says MotorStorm and has a load of text underneath it [possibly music track names and artists?!]. Secondly, getting to the start menu isn' t a problem in any game. By " loading time" i [and everybody else] means to get into the game proper.

If you bear in mind that from the disc starting to spin to being able to move around in CoD2 it takes under 20 seconds. PGR3 has annoying loading screens, even between menus which is stupid, and Burnout Revenge takes about 11 seconds to get from the car menu into the game.

I' m just confused because they likened it to PSP' s loading times and they' re stupidly long.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 19:10
The only real good thing Im pulling from that quoted list is that its quiet. Thats very nice to know. As for the rest...meh...

Regardless of any problems it may or may not have, Im still gonna wait a good year or two before even bothering with one.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 21:19
Didn' t get a chance to see the video, but the link was cool, nice confirmation again on the silent running..

As for the remote for the ps2... looks like a piece of sh!t, hope a 3rd party release one that looks at least half decent. Actually wonder if sony will limit dvd search for the 2x slowness from ps2
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 03, 2006 22:42
I wonder how silent silent is! :)
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 04, 2006 07:01
lol anything is silent from far enough away
locopuyo

RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 04, 2006 08:07
If anything all this list does to me is make me suspicious the PS3 is a just a large pile of pooh.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 04, 2006 08:30

Firstly, the screen where you say it says " press start" isn' t the start screen it' s a loading screen. It says MotorStorm and has a load of text underneath it [possibly music track names and artists?!]. Secondly, getting to the start menu isn' t a problem in any game. By " loading time" i [and everybody else] means to get into the game proper.

At the PSM-pages, there were a picture, with the image-text; Motorstorm loaded up, wich looked like the image were the movie stopped. :-/
I didn' t see the text myself, but when the person said ' Press start' I am assuming he actually could start. :-/

I' m assuming they weren' t allowed to take picture of the games, their TV didn' t support the max resolution of the game either. :-/
Nitro

RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 04, 2006 09:41

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

At the PSM-pages, there were a picture, with the image-text; Motorstorm loaded up, wich looked like the image were the movie stopped. :-/
I didn' t see the text myself, but when the person said ' Press start' I am assuming he actually could start. :-/

I' m assuming they weren' t allowed to take picture of the games, their TV didn' t support the max resolution of the game either. :-/

Erm, no!

It shows a " loading" page just like i said. See...

...note the loading bar...

On the site this screen has " MotorStorm loaded up" written underneath it, which is a) inproper use of the English language, and b) a lie.
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 4 Oct 06 1:47:45 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: PS3 Hardware Impressions From PSM - Oct 04, 2006 14:04
Silent is DEFINITELY good. I' d like to just mess around with one when it comes out so I can actually see for myself.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message