Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prince of Persia Movie Delayed Into 2010
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Prince of Persia Movie Delayed Into 2010 - Aug 04, 2008 01:58
According to the article take from http://www.variety.com/VR1117989907.aspx

Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimerhave pushed back the release of fantasy actioner "Prince of Persia: TheSands of Time" by nearly a year, from June 19, 2009, to Memorial Dayweekend 2010.
Officially, Disney said it wants to allow plenty oftime for post-production considering that the tentpole will requireextensive special effects to create its fantasy world and setpieces.
Inaddition, however, the move takes "Prince of Persia" out of the path of"Transformers 2," which DreamWorks and Paramount open on June 26, 2009.
Filmmaker Mike Newell began lensing the pic last week in Morocco and will remain there until the production moves to London.
Decisionto delay the release by a year caught some by surprise, although thecalendar could continue to see major reshufflings because of theongoing labor strife in Hollywood. Studios may want to allow for extracushion in case of any production delays.
Bruckheimer and Disneydon’t want to take any chances with "Prince of Persia," which they arehoping turns into a mega-franchise, along the lines of "Pirates of theCaribbean," that can feed the entire Disney empire, from sequels topotential TV or direct-to-DVD spinoffs, merchandise and Disneytheme-park attractions.
Pic, based on Ubisoft’s bestselling vidgame, toplines Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Ben Kingsley and Alfred Molina.
In its new date, "Prince of Persia" opens a week after the release of "Shrek Goes Fourth."

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Prince of Persia Movie Delayed Into 2010 - Aug 04, 2008 03:35
Alfred Molina and Ben Kingsley... what the hell are they doing making movies with Jake Gyllenhaal.

He'd better not be the f*cking prince, that's all I can say.

Wait, Shrek 4? Kill me now.

the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Prince of Persia Movie Delayed Into 2010 - Aug 04, 2008 14:14
They have a huge cast, and they will try to make many films just like "Pirates of the Caribbean". I think Dreamworks and Paramount can pull off a good movie. Unless it is too kiddy like and comical like pirates.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Prince of Persia Movie Delayed Into 2010 - Aug 04, 2008 15:00
The majority of the canonical PoP titles are rated M, and like any potentially stellar video-game movie, they will be massively toning down the violence, sexuality and language to slip it into that Pirates of the Caribbean style "This was just barely violent enough to be PG-13" category.

I'll be passing this one up for sure.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message