Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer (Now with Previews)
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 126
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 06, 2007 05:24

I can' t imagine myself jumping around in the game dodging bullets, trying to pistol whip Eddie

Well, now that we' ve got our relationship issues hammered out.

DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 06, 2007 12:54

Ok why don' t you go and shot through some drywall and see how much light actually comes through because I' m betting that shit falls into the holes as they are shot and so the light would be extremely marginal at best. But I guess you can go on and on with your stupid rant saying things like " Except it' s one step forward in the wrong direction" which just makes you sound stupid. But you know I don' t want to confuse use with my logic so I' ll just stop now. Ok wait one last thing I believe that not all guns can shoot through walls and not all walls can be shot through so some noob decides he is going to shoot up a house and he can' t see where you are you slip out the back and flank him and pwn him so it is not going to be something everyone is going to use.

Saying you are logical and the person you disagree with has " stupid rant sayings" doesn' t make your points for you.

The point is about realism, yes, but without realism the concept becomes void. I don' t know about shooting drywalls, I do know that when you shoot at a wall and it goes through there' s typically a hole. It' s simply going to ruin the concept of shooting through walls and it isn' t a wortwhile innovation.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 06, 2007 13:03
Being able to see through bullet holes you just put in a wall wouldn' t do much for gameplay.
Just think about it logically.
You shoot at some guy through a wall. You walk up to the tiny bullet hole to take a look. BAM! You get shot in the face through the hole and die.

You can shoot through walls in counter-strike and CS: Source. I was just playing a game a few days ago with a good instance of it. Me and a teamate were having a firefight with a guy outside. We told our teamates where he was hiding, he was just on the other side of a wood fence next to them, and then our teamate pumped a clip through the fence and killed him.

The bullet holes in CS:S aren' t even 3D, there were no holes you could see through. It just adds another dimmension to the gameplay making the game more skillful and more fun.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 06, 2007 21:51

I do know that when you shoot at a wall and it goes through there' s typically a hole.

A wall has multiple layers to it. It' s not like you' re shooting through one surface. You' re looking at a layer of drywall, possibly a 2x4 or wood depending on the construction, & another piece of drywall, so unless you' re perfectly lined up with where you shot the round, the whole light-blocking argument is bunk.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 07, 2007 14:45

A wall has multiple layers to it. It' s not like you' re shooting through one surface. You' re looking at a layer of drywall, possibly a 2x4 or wood depending on the construction, & another piece of drywall, so unless you' re perfectly lined up with where you shot the round, the whole light-blocking argument is bunk.

Except light would go through it and be visible, thusly, not bunk.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 07, 2007 14:47

You walk up to the tiny bullet hole to take a look. BAM! You get shot in the face through the hole and die.

Why are you pretending like it' s something you stop and smell the roses for? Acknowledging bullets being fired at you by seeing light through a wall takes a split second. It' s not about " exploring" the hole, it' s about knowing that somebody is shooting at you through a wall and being able to react to it as if it did involve skill, instead of random or luck based assaults.
locopuyo

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 07, 2007 15:00
You see the bullets coming out of the wall at you.... Are you really this stupid? You don' t seem to understand basic physics.

Also, you said you should be able to look through the hole to see the other side of the wall. I just pointed out that it is pointless. Is your memory so bad you can' t remember your own posts?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 07, 2007 22:42

Except light would go through it and be visible, thusly, not bunk.

Your enemy is in red, you are in blue. The bullets shot by your enemy are represented in red, your line of sight from where you are standing in blue. Now I know this is simplified quite a bit, but as I wasn' t willing to take an hour to animate it, bear with me.

As you can clearly see, from where the two combatants are standing, there is only one part of the wall where you can see both the entry and the exit holes from the bullet. The same trend continues if you move left or right. So at most, you would see one hole at a time. This restricts the tactical usage of the holes to being able to tell when he' s right in front of you. And to be honest, I don' t know of a single person that would rather wait for the enemy to stop shooting & pass over an inch-wide point than go about your business in a more intelligent fashion.
locopuyo

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 02:31
I do! His name is Billy!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 03:54
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 04:14
I seen no differance with the double tap on, is it to do with the ammo?
locopuyo

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 05:28
it looked like he shot twice as fast
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 07:59
E3 trailer is allready up:

Cheers Nitro
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 8 Jul 07 0:25:09 >
Nitro

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 08:08
[link= put the URL here ] put the text here [/link]
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 14:28

You see the bullets coming out of the wall at you.... Are you really this stupid? You don' t seem to understand basic physics. ?

You don' t see bullets, you merely are retiscent of graphical changes in your interface or sound changes. You will be able to do nothing more than spray bullets back at the wall. Especially with the crosshairs in COD games, you' ll only know if a person is being hit if your crosshair changes.

But no, you can' t see bullets coming at you. That' s not a reality in life let alone video games.

Also, you said you should be able to look through the hole to see the other side of the wall. I just pointed out that it is pointless. Is your memory so bad you can' t remember your own posts?

Well, that' s not really what I meant. I meant holes in the wall would allow visibility of enemy firing at you. You wouldn' t have to " look through the hole" to figure that out.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 14:31

Your enemy is in red, you are in blue. The bullets shot by your enemy are represented in red, your line of sight from where you are standing in blue. Now I know this is simplified quite a bit, but as I wasn' t willing to take an hour to animate it, bear with me.

As you can clearly see, from where the two combatants are standing, there is only one part of the wall where you can see both the entry and the exit holes from the bullet. The same trend continues if you move left or right. So at most, you would see one hole at a time. This restricts the tactical usage of the holes to being able to tell when he' s right in front of you. And to be honest, I don' t know of a single person that would rather wait for the enemy to stop shooting & pass over an inch-wide point than go about your business in a more intelligent fashion.

No, that' s cleary not the case. Your viewpoint does not have to be directly in front of the hole to acknowledge discrepancy, in this instance, light, pouring through the hole. You can be retiscent of shots fired and the direction from which they were fired without standing directly over the hole.

Honestly, think about it.
locopuyo

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 08, 2007 15:55
You either are a complete idiot (likely) or you didn' t watch the video.

Tracers.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 10, 2007 21:03
We' ve got better things to discuss! Look at the freaking trailers!!!

Double-Tap is a 10-round burst mode, it kind of looks like it' s catering to the inept. I can fire burst in Call of Duty as it is. I' m not sure I really need the help.

The E3 trailer however looks gorgemous. No new shocking developments, but it' s interesting to see how the story is starting to play out.
Nitro

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 11, 2007 18:58
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Jul 12, 2007 08:20
" We' re going deep, and we' re going hard!!!"
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 126

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages