Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 03:39
heres the link:

http://www.igniq.com/2006/07/halo-movie-to-star-denzel-washington.aspx

I would have never thought it but I think they can pull this off.
< Message edited by Boss Hogg -- 15 Jul 06 19:49:22 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 04:04
Um, not to sound racist or anything, but WTF?! Is Master Chief black? I have a memory (only vague tough) of that they let you see part of Master Chiefs neck in the second instalment, and that it was a light coloured skin. I could very well be wrong though. In that case… What the heck, he could do it well, and it would be fun to see him moving around in that suit… If they don’t 3D it, as they always do nowadays… *sigh* …Star Wars… * sigh* …
< Message edited by dionysius -- 15 Jul 06 20:11:05 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 04:16
I wouldn' t look too deeply into this one guys. There' s no real quotes, from anyone having any part in the Halo movie... at all. they source IMDB which, in most cases, is usually a bad idea. (they' re known for posting rumours such as this, as fact). I won' t call it credible untill we get confirmation from someone in the industry. I mean, he' s a phenominal actor, don' t get me wrong, and he' d do a great job. But for now, I' m not getting my hopes up.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 04:33
No, you dont see MC' s neck in the 2nd game. However, in Halo: the Flood, he is described as not only being white, but extrememly pale.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 04:35
I really like Denzel as an actor of course, he' s a top notch charactor, like when he portay as a villan in ' ' Training Days' ' he was tight, the other day I watch ' ' Inside Man' ' and he got a tight role. I don' t really care who play as MC, because he/she will be wearing that green armor suite and helmet anyway for the rest of the movie, and MC voice will be voice over from another voice talent(think of Dark Vador) no actor/actress has officially has the role of MC yet, so all we will see is MC suite doing all the work and the person thats get the part is just doing all the movement.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 06:08
I also post in other game websites and i found the most curious thing, people who got sick about SONY´s ads (the ones whit the white chick grabbing the black chick by the jaw) because they found them racist seems to react in quite a diferent way to this rumors, i guess for those people the white and black men must have equal rigths as long as those rigths dont get in their regular life.

So i hope he will be Master Chief, i wonder if Denzel will be up to it, if they are true to the game, tne spartan is never to reveal his face, will he still play the part even when no one wiil know??? i hope he does
< Message edited by fernandino -- 15 Jul 06 22:09:45 >
immortaldanmx

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 07:48
are you fucking retarded? You' re calling me racist because I said it would be odd for a black guy to play a white guy in a movie? I am as far from racist as anyone can be. Also think of the situation in reverse, wouldnt it be odd for a white man to play Martin Luther King Jr. in a movie? You bet it would, and not just odd, it would be wrong and outragous. I would never compare Master Chief to MLK Jr., but what Im trying to say is he is an established character and they should stick to the character. If the book had said MC was black, I wouldnt be saying this, because I think Denzel is a great actor who can play any part and deserves the highest respect not only for his acting ability but his humanitarian views and generousity. Oh, and I for one think the Sony ad was not racist, but the executives in charge should have known it may have been percieved as such, so it was therefore insensitive.
fernandino

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 09:42

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

are you fucking retarded? You' re calling me racist because I said it would be odd for a black guy to play a white guy in a movie? I am as far from racist as anyone can be. Also think of the situation in reverse, wouldnt it be odd for a white man to play Martin Luther King Jr. in a movie? You bet it would, and not just odd, it would be wrong and outragous. I would never compare Master Chief to MLK Jr., but what Im trying to say is he is an established character and they should stick to the character. If the book had said MC was black, I wouldnt be saying this, because I think Denzel is a great actor who can play any part and deserves the highest respect not only for his acting ability but his humanitarian views and generousity. Oh, and I for one think the Sony ad was not racist, but the executives in charge should have known it may have been percieved as such, so it was therefore insensitive.

I am talking about the other websites where i post mate, like gamespot for instance, please read the entire post whit attention before you go bananas on me.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 16 Jul 06 1:47:34 >
immortaldanmx

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 16, 2006 15:02
well, it would seem an apology is in order. I read the entire post, but I misinterpreted it as you were including me in the catagory of the people being racist against black actors. So sorry mate, welcome to kikizo. I swear everyone else is much more polite than I. Ok, except for Joe.
fernandino

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 03:39
not to worry mate, it was an honest mistake so its ok, thanks for the welcome.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 04:27
I always thought MC would look like George Clooney based on his voice.

It must get really uncomfortable sleeping in that suit though. Or is that just what MC looks like naked?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 04:32
According to the books MC is about 7 ft tall, extremely pale and has dark hair.

So they' ll probably have someone who is really tall play MC. They can always add some height with the costume and special effects. I suppose if you never actually get to see MC out of his suite (like in the games) it could be played by just about anyone.

The other spartans had a wide range of looks but they were all really tall and strong, we may get to see other spartans in the movie too.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 04:44

According to the books MC is about 7 ft tall, extremely pale and has dark hair.

Someone more like George Muresan then, heh.

< Message edited by choupolo -- 16 Jul 06 20:54:03 >
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 10:55
Well, at least if the rumor is true, and they are approaching Denzel Washington that bodes well for the production.
They' re approaching real, Oscar caliber actors. That' s a good thing. It means they' re taking this project seriously. We may just get a quality movie out of this one.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 11:52
I read in my newspaper that Peter Jackson approached him himself.

Then again, THIS is the guy who got Jack Black to act in King Kong. He was alright in the role, but definitely not fantastic =/

Anyway, if MC has to be black, I would' ve thought someone older, like Samuel L. Jackson XD

' 7 ft tall, extremely pale and has dark hair.'

That sounds like Yao Ming MC as an Asian X3!!!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 16:49

They' re approaching real, Oscar caliber actors. That' s a good thing. It means they' re taking this project seriously. We may just get a quality movie out of this one.

Ben Kingsley was in Bloodrayne and well ya ....

Anyways didnt Denzal Washington approach Jackson cause he wanted Jacksons cgi studio to do the effects in his upcoming film he directing?

Ah here' s the link: AP
< Message edited by Mass X -- 17 Jul 06 8:57:56 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 20:02

Anyways didnt Denzal Washington approach Jackson cause he wanted Jacksons cgi studio to do the effects in his upcoming film he directing?

Yes. It was nothing to do with Halo.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 20:27
Fuck it - it could be marlon brando cause he' s not taking taht helmet off ..or is he? :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 21:57
I' m hoping Master Chief isn' t going to be in the film at all, or at least only has a cameo appearance.

I want to see the story from a group of soldiers point of view, much like in Aliens or Starship Troopers or even Platoon.

Get me?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 22:23
I wouldn' t mind having him as the main character as long as it' s all based on the books (espcially 1st and 3rd)
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message