Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 22, 2007 05:00
...and will be released in the US early in December, but PAL territories will have to wait...

Folks,

The PlayStation 3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has gone gold! We got news last night that Unreal Tournament 3 has been approved by SCEA and has been released to North American manufacturing.

Midway has started talking to retailers to figure out exact timing and they will have a formal announcement early next week when everyone is back from the Thanksgiving holiday. My guess is that Midway will start shipping the title to North American retailers on Monday December 10th and it could show up in stores as early as December 11th but more likely toward the middle of that week.

I think PS3 owners are going to really enjoy UT3 this holiday so make sure you get it on your shopping list!

For PAL territories, specifically UK and Europe, we have a few localization-related tasks to complete and then we should be starting the certification process pretty soon. My best guess is early next year (January or February) for the game to ship over there.

LINK

Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 22, 2007 06:23
Sweet MAMMA im gonna import this baby.

How long you reckon PAL territories will have to wait?
Majik

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 22, 2007 07:10
February or March i expect. I' m going to import from RenChi as soon as it' s released. Hopefully i' ll have it before Christmas.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 22, 2007 13:33
Great news After hazed was delayed I didn' t have anything to pick up for my birthday.
Now things have changed. Oh yeah buy the way ban gamestop they are rip offs. What up Gaiden .
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 22, 2007 18:13
I dont see why PS3 releases should be delayed that long, its the same fucking game! (not that im getting it)
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 22, 2007 18:28
RenChi? How are their prices?

Im cool mikay just working/studying and stuff. I haven' t got COD4 yet but when i do ill join ya some time.

Oh yeah majik is UT3 60fps on the ps3?
Majik

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 22, 2007 18:56

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

RenChi? How are their prices?

Good. But you also risk getting stung with import tax upon delivery because they don' t send items as ' gifts' .

But i' ve been using them since Lik-Sang stut down.

It' d be interesting to know which other import merchants people use. Play-Asia doesn' t deliver to the UK does it?

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

Oh yeah majik is UT3 60fps on the ps3?

Different preview builds were running at different framerates. They said it' d be 30fps at first, then said they' d found a way to maintain the visual fidelity while running at 60fps, then Mark Rein said they' d lock it at 30fps, ...then they showed another preview build that was running at 60fps. So nobody actually knows.

Now, the retail release will likely be a locked 30fps, but since they' ve toned down the speed of the gameplay, i' m sure it' ll play just fine. Gears runs at 30fps, as does Resistance: Fall of Man, and as long as they lock it down, it should be fine.

It depends on Sony' s involvement really. We all know they contracted Epic to get the engine running properly on PS3, but we don' t know to what extent. I know Epic has had some of the Sony ninjas in assisting with the finer points of the architecture, but whether that would extend to a retail game running at 60fps or not i don' t know.

The important thing to remember is that they did have it running at 60fps, and even if there were framerate drops and vsync issues, it' s still a milestone for the console because it means that once refined, the tools and multi-threaded rendering system used for the PS3 version for the engine can be rolled out to other studios employing the engine in their games. Should result in better running/looking games.

It' s kinda surprising we haven' t seen any media from the PS3 version of UTIII yet though. Hopefully soon...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 00:44
you could try ebay, thats where I would get this if I wanted an imported version
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 00:54
Atlast, a PC to console FPS Since Dreamcast Quake 3, to keep the gameplay intact.

Might not get as high ratings as other FPS but be preapaid for the deepest console Deathmatcher Since Q3.

All I want now is for id release a Quake pakage (Quake 2/3 plus Mods, RR, threewave) for PS3 with Mouse and Keyboard support.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 22 Nov 07 17:04:34 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 01:13
UT deep? I guess if all you play is Wii games then it is.
Majik

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 01:35
immortaldanmx

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 01:37
Too bad the console cant make much use of it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 01:53
UE3 for Wii...LOL.

It' s actually not bad news, i' m sure it will serve better than anything else currently being used as long as you don' t expect all the features of the of UE3.
Majik

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 02:22
For anybody wondering how well UE3.0 runs on PS3 or how it looks in comparison to say, ...oh, Gears of War Click HERE
Agent Ghost

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 02:55
It looks great but it' s still criminal to get this game on a console. Don' t be a pussy, buy the PC version instead.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 03:34
ooooo i cant wait to start modding with this version of UT.

Hey is it just me or is there something FRUITY about that Mark Rein guy i like him but some of his video INTERVIEWS makes me question??????

Agent Ghost

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 03:46
The guy likes his job too much. It' s really fucked up. I actually have respect for the guy though. He' s one of the few people in the gaming industry that will get me to read an interview.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 03:52

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

The guy likes his job too much. It' s really ***ed up. I actually have respect for the guy though. He' s one of the few people in the gaming industry that will get me to read an interview.

Yeah i like him because he comes across honest not one of those developers that love to start a console WAR.
immortaldanmx

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 12:26
Hes a homo, Cliffy B shits all over him. Oh how I worship Cliffy
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) goes gold! - Nov 23, 2007 15:10
There is a lot of depth and strategy in UT, but raw skill matters a lot more.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message