Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 00:50
I was playing Blue Dragon yesterday morning, and all of sudden the game froze with red and black checkers. I thought it was gone then, and IM Nitro and he confirmed with me that it was done.

I was able to put in Halo 3 and play some MP for another 3 hours, but when I went to go to Theatre to record a clip of me dropping for high up to lay a rocket down on an unsuspecting for, it froze for the last time and there they were, the RROD.

Funeral arrangements have been made, and so I hope to see everyone back online for some Halo 3 in roughly 4-6 weeks or depending on how long they take.

P.S.
I wrote this in another thread, but how do I post pics on here from Halo 3 for you guys to see? When I do it from Imageshack, it only posts a thumbnail and not a large enough picture. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 00:54
Microsoft are actually lucky that the customers are so loyal these days. It' s because of the fact that no one wants to have his/her good games lying around without a console I assume. But compare this with Sega who got a very bad reputation with their hardware. The result was that no one trusted their consoles anymore and stopped buying them. Microsoft on the other hand doesn' t seem to suffer at all from the extreme failure rate of their consoles. Very peculiar situation.
< Message edited by ys -- 1 Oct 07 17:55:49 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 01:18
So when you shut the unit off and power it back on you still get the Red Ring Of Doom right away? I' m asking because I have seen the infamous red ring on a number of occasions but then I' d reboot and all was well.. The other annoying thing is the White Screen Of Death that tells you to insert an Xbox 360 game even when there' s already one in the system. That' s been a little more annoying and takes a few tries before the game works.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 01:25

Microsoft are actually lucky that the customers are so loyal these days. It' s because of the fact that no one wants to have his/her good games lying around without a console I assume. But compare this with Sega who got a very bad reputation with their hardware. The result was that no one trusted their consoles anymore and stopped buying them. Microsoft on the other hand doesn' t seem to suffer at all from the extreme failure rate of their consoles. Very peculiar situation.

The Sega thing was more about fashion with the kids.. Playstation was the ' in thing' and was the cool thing to buy, this was the main reason why SEGA lead to where they are (obviously with other reasons). Sega Hardware was never defective. I still have a working Megadrive, MS, Saturn, Mega CD and 32x..

360 has people coming back because it offer' s what your average teenager wants to see, FPS, FPS and More FPS.. these tend to be your aggressive, overprotective type who easily turn-in-to hardened Fanboys.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 02:23

The Sega thing was more about fashion with the kids.. Playstation was the ' in thing' and was the cool thing to buy, this was the main reason why SEGA lead to where they are (obviously with other reasons). Sega Hardware was never defective. I still have a working Megadrive, MS, Saturn, Mega CD and 32x..

For me the only defective Sega hardware I ever owned was the Dreamcast. The controller ports got fried and had to be replaced. The only suspect was a third-party controller from Interact. My GameCube' s drive died after leaving the unit on for 2 days, what type of crap is that???
canadagamer

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 02:34

So when you shut the unit off and power it back on you still get the Red Ring Of Doom right away? I' m asking because I have seen the infamous red ring on a number of occasions but then I' d reboot and all was well.. The other annoying thing is the White Screen Of Death that tells you to insert an Xbox 360 game even when there' s already one in the system. That' s been a little more annoying and takes a few tries before the game works.

I thought that as well. After I was able to play more Halo 3 MP, I went to the Theatre to do up some clips and screen shots. This is where it froze for the first time while I had Halo 3 in the machine. I turned the box off, let it sit for a while, and then when I went to turn it on, all I got was the 3 red lights. Not wanting to believe that my launch unit finally died, I rinsed and repeated, and still got the same result. 3 red lights.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 02:34
" The Sega thing was more about fashion with the kids.. Playstation was the ' in thing' and was the cool thing to buy, this was the main reason why SEGA lead to where they are (obviously with other reasons). Sega Hardware was never defective. I still have a working Megadrive, MS, Saturn, Mega CD and 32x..

360 has people coming back because it offer' s what your average teenager wants to see, FPS, FPS and More FPS.. these tend to be your aggressive, overprotective type who easily turn-in-to hardened Fanboys."

Everything you just said is wrong. A lot of it is stupid and some of it is delusional. The only thing that might be right in what you said is the reliablility of Sega consoles. To which I have to say, no one gives a fuck. How does that matter at all? They don' t make consoles any more. Sega is out of the game, they' re irrelevant, terminated, toast, finished, obsolete, smoked,extinct, nothing but a footnote right between " has been" and " epic failure" .
canadagamer

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 02:59

Sega is out of the game, they' re irrelevant, terminated, toast, finished, obsolete, smoked,extinct, nothing but a footnote right between " has been" and " epic failure" .

So, does this mean we won' t see the Dreamcast 2 then?

Agent Ghost

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 03:04

So, does this mean we won' t see the Dreamcast 2 then?

Only in your dreams.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 03:07

Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, no one gives a ***. Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah,

Obviously, you do
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 03:50
Obviously you didn' t read his whole text because he said that nobody gives a damn about the unreliability of SEGA consoles because it doesn' t matter anymore since they dropped out of console business.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 04:08
VF ( the self-proclaimed ' hardcore' gamer of kikizo ) just waits to diss the xbox 360 .. How many FPSs does the 360 have that are not on the ps3 ? Very few . So STFU and before u say that u have played a lot more games than i have let me say i dont give a fuck . Just because you have been gaming from the atari 2600 days doesnt mean u can talk shit .
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 04:21
Xbox360 just fps?

Mass effect,Alan wake,Fable2,Banjo kazooie,Lost odyssey and Naruto to name a few.

Wtf.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 05:26
(2-pac? PS3? rofl.. when did that come into conversation?)

Good or bad thing, you can' t talk-shit (2-pac / quez) around the fact that Shooters (first or thirdperson) DOMINATE 360' s sales..

360' s Top 5 selling Games.

Gears of War tps
Call of Duty fps
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter fps
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six: Vegas Ubisoft Shooter fps

Rofl: add two that should be up there now, or soon:

Halo 3 fps
Bioshock fps

SIX of the top 7 seven.

Live with it.

END.

canadagamer

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 05:32

(2-pac? PS3? rofl.. when did that come into conversation?)

Good or bad thing, you can' t talk-shit (2-pac / quez) around the fact that Shooters (first or thirdperson) DOMINATE 360' s sales..

360' s Top 5 selling Games.

Gears of War tps
Call of Duty fps
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter fps
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six: Vegas Ubisoft Shooter fps

Rofl: add two that should be up there now, or soon:

Halo 3 fps
Bioshock fps

SIX of the top 7 seven.

Live with it.

END.

I completely agree that the highest selling games on the 360 are FPS shooters, but if you research it you will find that FPS are not the majority genre on the 360. I will try to find the link where I read this for you.

Anyway, so what if these games are what is selling well on the console. It' s obviously what people are wanting and buying, so I don' t see how this is a bad thing. We have 2 other consoles out there to get our fix for the other genres if we want.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 05:41
Doesnt FPS in genral pretty much take a siolid stance for any console nowadays? PS3 will have a hefty list of FPS. 360 of course will. PC is definatly a home for it. Even one of the best games for the wii is an FPS and many say is wii-mote suits the genre very nicely. So just stfu and accept that FPS are not limted to one console but are the dominant gnere overall.

Anyhow maybe you might get lucky Canada and they' ll send you a sexy brand new one with a 65nm. I know my friend sent a normal pro model in and got an hdmi one back.

As for uploading pics. I suggest using www.tinypic.com. It seems to work everytime for me. Just upload the pic and copy url under the ' direct link' one and just paste that between the [image][/image] code. I think you can copy the url that already has the brackets around it when you upload as well making it jst a buit quicker.
canadagamer

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 08:32
Thanks a lot Mass X.
Agent Ghost

RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 08:39
Does the Wii have more none FPS games than 360? Not including the non games that no one here gives a shit about. Does Wii have a better selection of adventure, RTS, sport, RPG games?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 09:43
Sega consoles have been mostly rock solid, except for the Dreamcast. At the time it came out, it was just starting to be trendy for consoles to be built like crap, and Sega thought maybe they' d see how it works for them. Dreamcast was a big success at first. The Playstation 1 popularized this trend (though my launch PS1 still works fine). Then came the PS2 and then the Xbox360 for the win. If you want to be the most popular, be the console with the least quality workmanship. So far it seems to be working 3 generations in a row. I bet if the Dreamcast had a 100% failure rate after 91 days of purchase, they' d be #1 right now with an Xbox360-level or above console.

If you want your consoles to keep working, don' t play ' em. They weren' t built for that.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 2 Oct 07 1:46:26 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: My Launch Unit Finally Got The RROD - Oct 02, 2007 15:44
Virtua Boy you crack me up little buddy!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message