Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 23, 2006 18:53
Some fresh news first :

1000 Devkits are in developers hands right now.

Some nice news here : http://revolution.ign.com/articles/690/690720p1.aspx

Quote:Asked whether or not Revolution' s horsepower was insufficient, one development source said no. " At first, we were discouraged that it would be less powerful than Xbox 360, but once we got everything working with the controller, our concerns faded," he explained.

Other studios IGN Revolution has been in contact with have echoed this enthusiasm, always admitting that Nintendo' s new console will be less powerful, but stressing that with the emphasis on the innovative controller it simply won' t matter.

Quote:Every studio insider we queried said that they believed Revolution could launch for under $200, and possibly as low as $150 - a figure that would amazingly put Nintendo' s new console at a price point hundreds of dollars cheaper than any competitor.

Original story at IGN : http://revolution.ign.com/articles/690/690730p1.aspx

Now what do you think about Racing games , Fighting games or maybe some original concepts?

We all know about FPP games and such - we should talk about those " controversial" ones.

Anyone?

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 23 Feb 06 11:07:56 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 23, 2006 22:04
Controversial?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 01:21
What IS this thread about?!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 05:51

Controversial?

Sure - every hater out there points to racing and fighting games as " impossible" on Rev.

I' m not saying I have a great idea for a driving game , but I' m sure something great is possible.I guess those who demoed it could give some more examples.

As much as we know - we didn' t test it ourselves so it' s not entirely clear how it feels.

For now the only way I can imagine Soul Calibur game for instance is with an addon that changes remote into a standard controller.

But I' m sure someone will think of something unique and cool.

/Majik don' t waste my time/
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 05:56

For now the only way I can imagine Soul Calibur game for instance is with an addon that changes remote into a standard controller.

Err, like with the already announced shell?!

Probably like that. Or even ising the Gamecube controller since Revolution will have Gamecube ports...

Majik don' t waste my time

Like your time is important to anybody but yourself?!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 06:17

Err, like with the already announced shell?!

hmm I could' ve sworn that' s what I said hmmm...

with an addon that changes remote into a standard controller

And that actually is a work of IGN crew wiseguy.

Like your time is important to anybody but yourself?!

Oh shit I hope I didn' t hurt your feelings mate hehe you gonna cry now?
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 06:21
ACTUALLY, it wasn' t done by IGN but a poster from IGN' s forums (Paladin69 to be precise) who also did the 3D Java powered Revolution controller simulation.

And i never claimed that was the official shell. The shell HAS been announced by Nintendo and that' s probably a good representation of what the final thing will look like.

hehe you gonna cry now?

No, you gonna bust a cap in my ass busta?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 23 Feb 06 22:27:11 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 06:24
I just hope NR can produce many RPGS and also that this controller is a better way to play instead of just a way to get PR or attention which they have a problem with at the moment,i mean to get the masses...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 06:38

No, you gonna bust a cap in my ass busta?!

hell no - I' m really not into you man - I mean it' s not you majik it' s just that I' m in the situation you know , I' m in the relationship right now, so ask someone else.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 06:40
I ian' t asking you to fuck me. You' re a gangsta, surely you know what i mean?!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 06:45
I have to dissapoint you man - I' m not even thinking about fucking here - anything that has anything to do with your ass is out of my circle of interests.

Sorry - don' t loose hope - there' s someone special out there for each and every one of us
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 07:04

anything that has anything to do with your ass is out of my circle of interests.

Damn that made me laugh hard!
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 10:31
Starting with some quotes, and these are damn good quotes that should get people here thinking and questioning.

Miyamoto: " It' s convenient to make games that are played on TVs. But I always wanted to have a custom-sized screen that wasn' t the typical four-cornered cathode-ray-tube TV. I' ve always thought that games would eventually break free of the confines of a TV screen to fill an entire room. But I would rather not say anything more about that."

Miyamoto: " I think maybe if I could do anything, I would make it so you don´t have to sit in front of a TV and play. If you could have a machine that you just plugged in and played inside a virtual world that - would be just great."

Miyamoto: " Sitting in front of your monitor with a controller, there' s really nowhere to go from that paradigm, all you can do is make it prettier and faster."

Iwata: " We invented the current way a console is played - in front of a television and holding a controller - but maybe that image will change

Iwata: " When you turn on Revolution and see the graphics, you will say ' wow!' "

Iwata: " The keyword for the DS was ' innovative product,' but it will be ' paradigm shift in [game] play' with the Revolution."

Iwata: " Our next home system (...) won' t simply be new or include new technologies. Better technology is good, but not enough. Today' s consoles already offer fairly realistic expressions so simply beefing up the graphics will not let most of us see a difference. So what should a new machine do? Much more. An unprecedented gameplay experience. Something no other machine has delivered before."

Fils-Aime: " The concept of a home system today is defined as hardware that you tether to a box, and you are tethered to it via a controller; we think that' s an old paradigm."

Fils-Aime: " With our next home console we will address the area of gamer community. You said ´online´. I used ´online´ as a description of a flawed business model. We are passionate about enabling our gamers to play with their friends [and] to play with others across long distances. There are a number of different ways to execute that."

Wada (Square-Enix): " Not just a portable, not just a console - it' s exactly what we wanted in that it' s the birth of a completely new platform."

What do they mean? Who knows. Everyone will see them from different perspectives, but it' d be nice to hear what others think.
I have my own theories which i' ll get to in due time, probably in another post further down the line.

There' s much speculation about what Revolution' s big secret is, and it could be pretty much anything. What we do know is that Nintendo patented a new type of ' displacement mapping' for us with Revolution which was a very intelligent move, yet most people don' t seem to understand exactly what it mean or how it works. So here, this should explain...

Over to you guys!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 24 Feb 06 2:36:42 >
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 20:43
I think that multiplayer games online played with the Rev controller will be awesome! I mean, it doesn' t get more skillbased than this since the controller creates so many different ways of control compared to a regular controller or even a Keyboard and mouse. And the controller is used by making natural swings and movements with your arms instead of moving strange analog sticks so many non-gamers or ex-gamers should be able to enjoy those games pretty quick.
I' d like to see a first person fighter in which you fight with swords, kind of like the Elder Scrolls games or whatever they' re called, but with the Rev controller the fights would be deeper than even VF... (oooh, do I dare say so?). Imagine a game like that online (!!!).
It' s pretty hard to think of any particular ideas for the Rev since pretty much anything is possible now. The limitations on the other consoles actually made it easier to come up with good ideas since much have already been tested and there' s honestly not much you can do compared to the Rev.
That secret Nintendo is talking about.... I have no idea of what it could be but knowing them, it could be just about anything.
I hope they make some cool things with NDS connectivity and possibly Revolution games GAME SHARING similar to that of the DS. So you can play with lots of your friends without forcing like 16 people to go and buy the same game.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 24 Feb 06 12:45:03 >
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 21:12
This shot of Revolution (just the console mind, ignore the hand and the controller), contains the answer to their " secret" ..

ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 21:21
What? Have Nintendo said so?
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 21:30
No.

It does though, trust me

]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 21:52
heheheh

Majik - great collection of quotes.

I' d love to see some real time demo using displacement maps
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 22:04
I' ll see what i can find. It' s newer tech than bump and parallax mapping though so it may prove fruitless.

]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo Revolution - share your visions here. - Feb 24, 2006 22:06
I' ve done some searching and it appears that Doom 3 is a realtime Demo of it :)

It' s amazing actually.Thirst I thought that it makes the Creation of games easier , but it should be a huge performance booster as well.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message