Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 x360 and Ps3 get owned
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 07:29
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 07:50
Yes and?

That game looks like far cry in terms of gameplay but you can jump high...

Seriously,its looks great but owned?

Crysis looks great graphically,but beyond that?

I dont see more...
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 07:59
They will bring it to the Consoles eventually.
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 08:12
They have said that it is a possibility, but at the moment they are focused on the pc version.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 08:23
Well duh. I' ve been saying this for ages. PC graphics > Console graphics. Every new console generation there are all these PC " doomsday" predictions and within a 12-18 months, PC' s not only equal but exceed the capacities of consoles. It happens every time.

I think too many people have been taken in by the hype of these latest consoles. While they are powerful, they' re not the supercomputers that their respective companies say they are. It' s all just a numbers marketing game. In fact, most of the latest PC processors out there kill Cell and Xenon on a clock for clock basis. Better instructions sets, more instructions per clock, more efficient design, cache, etc.

Actually, now more than ever, PC' s have started to take more leaps than strides. You' ll start to see a massive increase in CPU capabilities. AMD will have an 8 core solution by the end of this year, while Intel wants to go the exponential route, going from quad cores straight to 16. (Intel actually have a working 80 core prototype and wants it to be available within the next 5 years. Whether or not this will be the case, we' ll have to see). Graphics cards will also have an impressive growth rate with DX10 and multiple cores. 2-4 cards will be SLI/Crossfire capable.

Does this equate to better gaming? That' s up to the developers of course. But I' m currently gaming on my PC just as much as my consoles, and there are just as many PC games I' m looking forward to as there are console ones. Good times lie ahead!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 08:38

This UT2007 and Huxley (I' m getting it for both pc and 360) is the reason I' ll be spending at least a grand to upgrade my pc in March.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 10 Jan 07 1:31:07 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 09:22
When I watched the vid I seriously wanted a sword, some stealth gameplay and a Wii controller! Jumping from roof to roof - Tenchu in the jungle, heh.

Still skeptical about Crysis' gameplay too, but I' ll be upgrading for it next year heh. Anything less than dx10, 1680x1050, max settings and 60fps just wont do!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 11:17
Just another FPS.

*Yawn*

Seriously though, it doesn' t look very good. it was stuttering and the objects more than 8 feet on front of you have a lower, blurrier resolution, like the Dreamcast Sonic Adventure. Suck! Why are you linking to such crappy games?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10 Jan 07 3:18:26 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: x360 and Ps3 get owned - Jan 10, 2007 15:33
PC games are too costly for guys like me, with a house a car and a daughter, it doesnt help that my girlfriend is studying but when she is done witht that in 3 years (fuck 3 years man) we still wont be so rich that i can keep an up to date pc all the time

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll