Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 08:14
And about damn time too. I'll be getting one, for sure. For those who don't know, Jasper's claim to fame is it's 65nm GPU process, as opposed to the hotter-running 90nm Xenon, Falcon, Opus and Zephyr. This, theoretically speaking, is the final nail in the coffin for the 3 red-rings of death, though I won't believe it till I have a unit in my hands.

Plenty of motherboard pictures, and an explanation via the boys over at the Xbox-Scene Forums.

Edit: Apparently it's got (now confirmed) 256 MB onboard Flash memory for savegames as well, in case you're a sap who owns a 360, but no hard drive.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Nov 28, 2008 08:16>
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 08:52
I might replace my 6th dead 360 with one of these.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 08:52
Onboard memory is interesting.  Does this mean the retail box will be labeled to promote this feature?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 09:29
Probably not. I'd say it's just there because the NXE requires significantly more space than the old dash.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 09:54
when can we expect these on the street, and how would i know if i was to buy a new xbox,
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 10:10
360 sucks
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 10:40
Ok, so 360 doesn't actually suck. I'm just bitter because i've had so many die on me.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 20:43
I'm on my 3rd, and i want to buy one before it dies, i dont realy fear the Rings, its the drive thats worrying me.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 21:16

Does this mean the retail box will be labeled to promote this feature?

No. Jasper is being soft-launched. Mircosoft isn't even aknowledging it's existence. If you're looking to find one, check the PSU wattage on the back of the box; it should be about 175w, with a mfg. date of September or late.

Ideally, you're just going to want a unit with a lot number above 0831.

when can we expect these on the street, and how would i know if i was to buy a new xbox,

I've gotten a few phonecalls today from friends who black-friday shopped, and they have little supply pockets of them littered throughout Southeast Michigan. Lansing, Detroit, et cetera, all have them at their big box retail stores.

I can't say for sure when Europe is getting them, but my educated guess is that they have slowly been slipping them into the wild since August or so, since there were a handful of (unsubstantiated) consoles popping up with a new LOT number. It takes a while for them to ramp up the production of a new SKU, so this is probably the first time they've been 10/20% of total units produced.

Agent Ghost

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 28, 2008 21:51

If you're looking to find one, check the PSU wattage on the back of the box; it should be about 175w,
'

Not 150w ?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 29, 2008 02:57
Let me check up on that.

Edit: You're right Ghost. You're going to be looking for one with a 150w PSU.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Nov 29, 2008 02:59>
Agent Ghost

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 29, 2008 03:32
Meh, my 2nd is still going strong.  I'll wait until it dies, assuming it ever does.  I don't know of a future release that I even want for the 360.  There's Fight Night Round 4, that's it.  Then my 360 can suck a dick for all I care.

PC:
COD 6
StarCraft 2
Aliens: Colonial Marines  
GTA4 PC  (coming soon)
Dawn of War II
Huxley (whenever this is due)

PS3
Killzone 2
GOW 3

2009 is going to suck ass, StarCraft2 and Killzone 2 are the only saving graces.

You know what?  I'm more excited about The Dark Knight coming to Blu-ray in a few weeks than 2009's entire gaming linup.  
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 29, 2008 23:07>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 29, 2008 04:28
We got spoiled this year.  The only game I know is coming out next year that I'm excited for is Halo Wars.  I'll probably get Halo ODST too, but I'm not expecting that much out of it.  

StarCraft 2 might not even come out in '09, I think it will though.   Hopefully Huxley is good, I'm still waiting for an MMO where skill matters...
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 29, 2008 18:34
Call of Duty 6
Resident Evil 5

Yakuza 3
Indiana Jones

God of War 3
Killzone 2
StarCraft 2
Forza Motorsport 3

Dawn of War II
Unconfirmed Nintendo IPs [Zelda, etc.]
GTA 4 - Lost & Damned
Huxley
ABP
DiRT 2
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
InFamous
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Overlord II + Knockoff Titles
House of the Dead: Overkill
Operation Flashpoint II

...We'll do just fine.

You know what?  I'm more excited about The Dark Knight coming to Blu-ray in a few weeks than 2009's entire gaming linup.

What model of television do you own?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 29, 2008 18:58

2009 is going to suck ass, StarCraft2 and Killzone 2 are the only saving graces.
Glad to see you're not setting high standards.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 29, 2008 19:09
Eddie_the_Hated

Call of Duty 6
Resident Evil 5

Yakuza 3
Indiana Jones

God of War 3
Killzone 2
StarCraft 2
Forza Motorsport 3

Dawn of War II
Unconfirmed Nintendo IPs [Zelda, etc.]
GTA 4 - Lost & Damned
Huxley
ABP
DiRT 2
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
InFamous
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Overlord II + Knockoff Titles
House of the Dead: Overkill
Operation Flashpoint II

...We'll do just fine.

That's crap compared to this year.  

Agent Ghost

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 29, 2008 23:06

Nothing special.  I just use my 24" monitor (LG).  I dont have room in my uh room for a big screen so I'm just waiting until I move out.  If I wait long enough OLED will be more prominent and they will shit on everything in the market today.   My monitor is pretty good but given the chance I would have chosen one of these new 1920x1080 monitors instead.  I would have saved a few hundred and avoided any scaling issues with the PS3 and 360.  The worst thing about my monitor is that it has HDMI but doesn't have DVI.  This wasn't a problem until I bought my GTX 216.  Nvidia is gay, they can't scale properly when the card behaves as if my monitor is a television as is the case when HDMI is used.  Completely fucked up screen.  I'm not talking about minor cropping issues, I couldn't even see my taskbar.  Completely unusable.  Anyways the solution is to use VGA instead but everything looks very blurry by comparison.  VGA is good enough for 360 but for a high end PC, it's fucking garbage. 

All that bullshit and I can't even answer your question, I can't rememeber the model number of my monitor. 
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 30, 2008 17:56
Don't worry about it. Your post just reminded me of my gifting plans for this year. I've been planning on treating myself to a PS3 this Christmas, but to be honest, I might just settle for an HDTV. Buying a 400 console/BDR player to play it through composite? No thanks.

That's crap compared to this year. 

Debatable. There were a lot of big name disappointments this year.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 30, 2008 18:57
Number of actual worthwhile titles this year to those so far announced next year plus the unnanounced ones I'm thinking it will be about even.

Eddie as for HDTVs what type were yo ulooking into? I'm bout to look into a bigger one as well. I came across this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-Aquos-LC32D64U-32-Inch-1080p/dp/B001338KTQ/ref=pd_ybh_1?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0R3RAF8G37JKKCX2YY5D
Under $700 1080p. HDMI for PS3 HDMI for PC Componant for Cable, and VGA for 360. PIP is always nice to as well.

<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Nov 30, 2008 19:02>
Agent Ghost

Re:Microsoft FINALLY Launches Jasper - Nov 30, 2008 20:50

Don't worry about it. Your post just reminded me of my gifting plans for this year. I've been planning on treating myself to a PS3 this Christmas, but to be honest, I might just settle for an HDTV. Buying a 400 console/BDR player to play it through composite? No thanks.

Whaah?  You do know that you can buy a HDMI cable for like 10$?  PS3 is a good buy.  The value of still being one of the best Blu-ray players on the market and a modern gaming console is unbeatable.  You could get a decent BD player for like 200$ but what's 200$ more for a PS3?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message