Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rockstar could easily rip us off!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 16:15
So GTAIV is just aroudn the corner, people are running amok, ripping the game from virtual shelves, production has barely started and already it cant keep up.

The hype machine is pumping so fast the the teeth of cogwheel are straining and breaking off.

And for what?

GTAIV. A game we havent seen yet. Normally educated gamers have a good judgement about whats good or not, from viewing gameplay footage and reading previews. One of these things alone doesnt work, and thats previews, as they are often full of crap, and no negative views since websites and magazines want to been on a good fot with the developers.

There hasnt been a single gameplay shot from GTA IV yet, and thats not a good thing. Normally when devs are reluclant to show it its because the game is crap.

Here 20 days before the release of GTA, lots of people have already preordered the game, and if its crap by the time people realize it Rockstar has already covered the costs.

I dont think this is going to be the case with GTA, but why the secresy? dodgy framerate? i dont know, but we will know soon enough i guess.
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 10 Apr 08 8:55:17 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 16:35
Enough reviewers have seen it from different angles that I am pretty sure one of them would have flagged if there were any glaring errors. Still GTA was never about the graphics as far as I am concerned - if the gameplay rocks then its still going to be fantastic.

Unfortunately the place I was going to pre-order has just sold out (hmv was giving away 1000 ms points with every game)
< Message edited by Ornodeal -- 10 Apr 08 9:22:04 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 16:39
Or you could look at it from the other direction that it is just that damn good!!! I must admit I was amazed that when at the recent play.com show at Wembley, that there was nothing about GTA IV. I hope your not right VX and I hope that this is the start of something great especially with all the DLC coming for it.

Damn you Ornodeal...1000M$ points I only get a lousy 500 and some gamer pics.....
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 10 Apr 08 8:40:06 >
Ornodeal

RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 16:45
its most unfortunate because I missed buying it at hmv (saw the offer when at work, but it had sold out when I tried it back at home)
< Message edited by Ornodeal -- 10 Apr 08 8:46:18 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 16:55
Im not talking about graphics, i dont care how it looks really!

the whole game could just feel off and we wouldnt have a clue before we tried it with our own hands.
Ornodeal

RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 17:21
we are sort of in agreement then - I can' t believe all the reviewers who have had hands-on play of some of the missions would have been so glowing in praise if something was majorly broken.

Still a lot of the unknowledgeable who are pre-ordering this ARE going to be sadly disappointed as this isn' t going to have a the feel of VC or SA mark 2.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 17:23
Well generally all titles are praised in previews and hands on, even movie based titles which are historically bad.

My concern is, why isnt rockstar showing us anything.

If they are worried about showing us story they could just show a guy rampaging.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 18:46
Yes, but I' ve seen it. And played it. And it' s going to f' ing own all of us.

The secrecy is just a marketing technique. It creates more attention and it works for games whose profile is high enough. Rockstar can do what it likes.
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 10 Apr 08 10:48:13 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 18:53
If this game isn' t a 10, I' ll chop off my left nut.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 18:53

The secrecy is just a marketing technique. It creates more attention and it works for games whose profile is high enough. Rockstar can do what it likes.

Good :)
Ornodeal

RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 19:11
we all know Adam wouldn' t lie to us.

If he knows what' s good for him anyway.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 10, 2008 21:00

Can I sell it on ebay I wanna get some money for mgs4.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 01:42

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Can I sell it on ebay I wanna get some money for mgs4.

So you are implying that Agent' s testicle is only worth 60$ ...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 02:19

In Adam We Trust.

BTW Adam, just a quick question. Were you a big Tears for Fears fan in the 80' s?
Sarge John

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 02:24

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

So GTAIV is just aroudn the corner, people are running amok, ripping the game from virtual shelves, production has barely started and already it cant keep up.

The hype machine is pumping so fast the the teeth of cogwheel are straining and breaking off.

And for what?

GTAIV. A game we havent seen yet. Normally educated gamers have a good judgement about whats good or not, from viewing gameplay footage and reading previews. One of these things alone doesnt work, and thats previews, as they are often full of crap, and no negative views since websites and magazines want to been on a good fot with the developers.

There hasnt been a single gameplay shot from GTA IV yet, and thats not a good thing. Normally when devs are reluclant to show it its because the game is crap.

Here 20 days before the release of GTA, lots of people have already preordered the game, and if its crap by the time people realize it Rockstar has already covered the costs.

I dont think this is going to be the case with GTA, but why the secresy? dodgy framerate? i dont know, but we will know soon enough i guess.

GTA IV has had lots of in-game screens actually. But rockstar can remove the HUD and change the angle of the camera.
I found that out on the website here http://www.gta4.net/news/single.php?id=4034

Also here is a news article which shows an ingame screen of the HUD. http://www.gta4.net/news/single.php?id=4046
< Message edited by Sarge John -- 10 Apr 08 18:28:27 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 02:35

ORIGINAL: Sarge John

And for what?

GTA IV has had lots of in-game screens actually. But rockstar can remove the HUD and change the angle of the camera.
I found that out on the website here http://www.gta4.net/news/single.php?id=4034

Also here is a news article which shows an ingame screen of the HUD. http://www.gta4.net/news/single.php?id=4046

I am sure Vx meant videos of gameplay not screens ... Anyways welcome to the forums
Sarge John

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 02:43

ORIGINAL: 2pac

And for what?

I am sure Vx meant videos of gameplay not screens ... Anyways welcome to the forums

He said " shots" but anyway thanks for the welcome message. By the way, how do you know im new? Are you spying on me? Or is it just cause i have only posted 1 reply as it says on my profile screen thing?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 05:48
I really don' t mind if it sucks. I would be disappointed, but it wouldn' t devastate me. I figure it will keep me busy for 2-4 weeks. I think it' ll be the same as the other GTAs, but with better graphics, longer gameplay, and more buildings you can go inside.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 05:53

He said " shots" but anyway thanks for the welcome message. By the way, how do you know im new? Are you spying on me? Or is it just cause i have only posted 1 reply as it says on my profile screen thing?

Well, I think it' s more to do with :

But welcome to the forums, the Parakeet is mine.... So what if it' s dead...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Rockstar could easily rip us off! - Apr 11, 2008 05:59

Speaking of joining dates, looks like you' ve just crossed the two year line.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message