Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I FOUND MY CAMERA :)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 01, 2008 04:33
The Canon XL-2

After much research and budget checking I found an affordable professional camera. Now who wants to buy it for me? :P

Actually if I set my budget right I should be able to purchase this camera in time to leave about 2-3 weeks to learn its ins and outs. I may not be able to get all the accessories til much later but I wont need them for ' I <3 You, I H8 You' .

A few of my friends are interested in it as well so I may find a way to have them rent it from me so that I don' t have to pay the full cost myself. Either way soon enough this camera is mine.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 01, 2008 04:41
My old roommate had one of those. I think he' s upgraded since then. Not sure though. He spoke very highly of it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 01, 2008 04:49
Holy shit, you' re serious about this movie.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 01, 2008 06:29
Can I cameo as a homeless man?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 01, 2008 06:46
I take back what I said. My roommate had a GL2. He doesn' t sound too keen on the XL-2 mainly because it doesn' t shoot HD. I take his word on this kind of stuff because he' s a camera op in LA. Been doing Speed Channel shoots lately. Maybe I' ll get him into this thread to give you some info.
Mass X

RE: I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 01, 2008 07:59
I' m not trying for HD. Not yet at least. I don' t have the hardware to edit in HD. Need to keep my cost low for now. If I go HD then I need to spend more money to upgrade the computer for editing.

As much as I' d like to be Robert Rodriguez shooting Once Upon a Time in Mexico...I' m gonna have ot settle for Robert Rodriguez shooting El Mariachi with a better camera.
kitten

• Total Posts : 197
RE: I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 01, 2008 15:44
fairly sweet looking camera
though i probably still wouldn' t buy it for you- even if i wasn' t trying to save to go to the other side of the world. xD

Good luck
Mass X

RE: I FOUND MY CAMERA :) - Apr 03, 2008 05:05
I may be getting this camera months sooner then I expected I found a site that selling it for $2500 with the 20x lens and very low shipping costs plus they include a special offer to include a tripod and hard case.

I' m gonna search around for just a bit more to see if there are camera' s of similar quality and price.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll