Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 01:59
Important Details
Out in November
8 Player Co-Op
60 Player Multiplayer

" And now we' re onto Resistance 2. He' s even brought someone to talk about it. Aha, Ted Price, president of Insomniac Games. " Welcome to London," he says to Ted, who says " thank you" . R2 will " focus equally on four areas" - community, campaign, co-op and competitive.

15:43:40 -

He wants to talk about all four, bless. MyResistance.net will be completely revamped, adding " the kind of social features you' ll find in sites like FaceBook" . Wicked. This stuff will be tightly integrated with the game. He' s not going to show the Campaign, he says, but this time we focus on Hale as he heads home to the USA.

15:44:37 -

We' re going to learn more about Hale and the Chimera and where they came from (so probably not " a joke shop" ). Eight-player co-op has its own story, characters and their own progression, rewards etc. Today though, we' re going to talk about Competitive. " Six months away from appearing on shelves," he reminds us.

15:45:32 -

Video. Woody sort of town with canopies overhead. Players racing through the streets, giant Chimeran craft in the sky. " Work in progress" is stamped on the screen as a bloke with a sort of shield bubble thing walks past. There' s a man with a mini-gun, some Iron Sights action and a GPS-looking thing in the top corner.

15:46:40 -

Graphically that was a bit shonky, but to be fair it clearly hadn' t been lit properly and Price said it was a work in progress. Chimera will be in multiplayer too, he says, although we didn' t get to see them today. He' s now acknowledging that 60-player support needs intimacy to actually work. " Battles within battles." Five smaller skirmishes between squads will take place in each 60 person fight.

15:47:28 -

Every squad is assigned dynamic objectives. They want to keep squads apart to avoid situations where people tread on each other' s toes, and they' re conscious of the opposite becoming a problem, too. " There are always five or six players for whom you develop an intense hatred," says the otherwise friendly-looking Price.

15:48:22 -

A reward system will give out bonus points for teamwork, which can be used to earn persistent rewards, to level up, etc. More on that in the next few months. " Bottom line...we think it' s going to be breaking new ground for the PS3," he says of competitive action, " but that' s just a quarter of the game" ."

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 6 May 08 21:53:24 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 02:27
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 02:42
I fuc.king told you they wouldn' t release both Resistance and Killzone this year!

I gotta find the thread...
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 02:47
I knew killzone wasn' t coming out this year .

Anybody knows when the final fantasy games will come out.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 6 May 08 18:48:06 >
Nitro

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 03:33

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Did i miss something?
Nitro

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 03:38
Actually, Eddie... Resistance is due in 2008 and Killzone in 2009. The Feb date is for Killzone...

Right?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 03:39

Sorry mikayd2, but that made me laugh.

Killzone WILL be out this year, and Resistance 2 is now confirmed for next year. The Prophet Jew Boy predicted this...................................or you could say he stated the obvious.
Nitro

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 03:44

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Sorry mikayd2, but that made me laugh.

Killzone WILL be out this year, and Resistance 2 is now confirmed for next year. The Prophet Jew Boy predicted this...................................or you could say he stated the obvious.

It looks like it might be the other way around actually. Resistance this year and Killzone next...
Nitro

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 03:48
Here' s what i said and it looks like i hit the nail on the head...

Chris Wharf' s shirt is hideous, and Boxer is a complete moron. Skeptical about MotorStorm 2, Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 releasing this year? Fuc.king idiot. I mean, alright... Killzone could slip to March, but only for tactical reasons. September for Killzone and November for Resistance? Just 2 months apart? It' d be pretty kickass, but i can see them moving Killzone back to give Resistance time to breathe.

LINK

The Prophet Jew Boy predicted this...................................or you could say he stated the obvious.

Yeah, it was so obvious theat everybody and their mum was saying it
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 04:23
There is no way killzone will come out this year I' m thinking this time next year for sure.

Resistance may kick off this year. I sure hope it does.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 05:53

Actually, Eddie... Resistance is due in 2008 and Killzone in 2009. The Feb date is for Killzone...

Right?

Ah! Right you are! I was reading 2 news pieces at the same time as I wrote. My bad.

Killzone - February 2009
Resistance 2 - November 2008
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 07, 2008 07:49
I thought Resistance 2 was supposed to be out by September?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 08, 2008 00:39
That was either speculation, or an anticapatory date from somewhere unofficial in the company. Plenty of people expected it in Sept. though.
Nitro

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 08, 2008 00:41
No, Killzone was originally penned for September. Resistance has always been November.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 08, 2008 00:51
Fu.ck! I give up. I can' t get the two straight.[:' (]
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: PSDay Conference Info on Resistance 2 - May 08, 2008 06:06

8 Player Co-Op
60 Player Multiplayer

Wow that is just massive lol. I just hope that they dont get too excited and screw it up.

Killzone - February 2009

I was looking forward to it but i prefer it to come later and be better than earlier and be $@%*.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll