Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Orange Box Reviews
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 16:31
PC:

IGN 9.5

360:

IGN 9.5

PS3:

Unreleased
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:04
It' s a shame they didn' t upgrade Half Life and Episode One with the Episode Two tech, but meh, they' ll still look better than Halo 3...
Vx Chemical

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:10
Only thing pretty in Halo is the HDR but it all blends together for a great expirience. But i cant wait to play Ep2 when i get home, its tempting going home early ;)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:11
I was thinking (and before you attack, keep in mind I am getting this and I know I will love it), but I was thinking it doesnt really seem like seem like you' re getting 5 games for one at all. I see a single player peice a mulitplayer peice and a minigame. All of which are almost pretty much standard for games nowadays (cept maybe the minigames thing but then again Flatout has the same listing as well).

I just wouldn' t be able to see myself buying any of those peices full price as a standalone. The deal does come in, in the fact you are also getting 2 expansions pretty much free. But even then Oblivion has the GotY edition coming out with plentiful free expansions included. And you cant argue with " well that game sbeen out for a long time" well so has Half Life 2.

I bet any other game that touted its single player game and multiplayer game as 2 different entities would get slapped around like a lil bitch. Regardless it is still a pretty hefty game and I have yet to expience Half Life 2 properly so I might as well get a good start here. I just dont see it as 5 games for one. I see it as a standard package with the bonus of 2 free expansions. A very nice package I might add.

EDIT: I looked at the standalone prices and see that it look slike an amazing deal but *** thats only because Portal and Team Fortess 2 are a bit overpriced in my opinion. 6 maps tied to only one game mode each is just a bit much...I know the maps are designed for the game mode but if its just gonna lead to 6 maps for tis release $30 is just way too much. Portal is just way too short for any asking price honestly...thats why I dont count it in the package at all really. A redeeming thing to all this tho is the commentary being included in all this as well...but that it smacked down with the fact that the Riddik remake oming out also has a running comentary, a multiplayer, and extra chapter as well.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 10 Oct 07 9:23:29 >
Nitro

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:23
Best thing - they didn' t include the lame-as-fukk Half Life 2 multiplayer

Worst thing - they didn' t include Counter Strike Source
Mass X

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:26
Including Counter Strike probably wouldve levied my opinion a bit towards more positive. Still tho Im getting this and will be quite happy. But for people looking for just portal and Team Fortress 2 I think are getting a bit ripped off wih the standalone prices. Tho im more the sure most will put their love and dedication ahead of it all anyways and would willingly pay full PC price for the damn things.
Vx Chemical

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:46

But even then Oblivion has the GotY edition coming out with plentiful free expansions included

Half-life = good

Oblivion = Junk
Mass X

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:50
A matter of opinion of course. I am ,however, just staing that the deal is in actually not a deal at all, in my opnion.
Vx Chemical

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 17:55
Well it is a good deal if you didnt get halflife in the first place. its still 25 hours of gaming plus multiplayer, with a standard of 10 hour games these days, its nice to get a bit more thrown in the bunch!
Nitro

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 18:00
I wonder whether they' ll release CSS in it' s current form or whether they' ll re-do it taking advantage of the newer tech!?
Vx Chemical

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 18:18
i think itll be current form if it goes to the 360, it would rack in huges amounts of cash over XBLA in either case!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 18:32
CSS is so much fun when you get good at it. Some people are rediculously fast at getting headshots though. Haven' t played in a good while now, but there was a time when I almost joined a clan.

Its definitely a shame they didn' t include it in Orange Box. Not sure how well it would translate to 360 though. Twitch based mp shooters tend not to imo.
Vx Chemical

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 18:36
CS isnt as twitch as Unreal and they are bringing that!
choupolo

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 18:39
Yea I suppose. UT has always had a console based derivative until now though. So I think they' ve made some compromises for UTIII to fit over both.
Vx Chemical

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 10, 2007 18:53
Unreal championship and Unreal Tournament couldnt really be compared as far as i know!
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 11, 2007 00:41
HL2 was one of the few PC games i ever played through and enjoyed. One of the only Non-Nintendo titles i never argued against when it was often rated Best game ever made.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 11, 2007 02:27
CSS sucks compared to 1.6!
But I play it anyway for some reason...
Vx Chemical

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 11, 2007 03:40
Portal is great, im at the last challange!
choupolo

RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 11, 2007 04:08
How good is Portal?? Small but perfectly formed. Gonna play through again with the commentary on.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Orange Box Reviews - Oct 11, 2007 04:58
I can' t wait to play this once I get my 360 back from repairs. I have never played any of the Half Life games on my PC, so this will be my first time playing the game and from what I have heard it is one of the best FPS ever.

Quick question for those who have gone through the repair process before, how long did it take you to get the box to ship the 360 back in? I have been waiting about a week and a half now, and whenever I call MS they just tell me that it might be another few days or so. Something again about the release of Halo 3 causing a delay. Thanks.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message