Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 All Things Clancy
Change Page: 123456789 > | Showing page 1 of 9, messages 1 to 20 of 164
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
All Things Clancy - Jul 22, 2006 03:55
I love Tom Clancy games (with the exception of Rainbow Six: Black Arrow and Lockdown), i' ve made that clear time and again and i' m about to make it clear AGAIN.

See, i like hard games and i like realism (don' t confuse that with ' realistic' ) in games. I like to know that a single round can kill me and force me to start again. It' s frustrating at times but it' s extremelt satifying when you complete your goal.

So far this year and on Xbox 360 in general, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter has been my most played game both offline and on. I love it. Bearing that in mind there are 2 games coming soon to my next gen machine that also bear the Clancy prefix; Rainbow Six: Vegas and Splinter Cell: Double Agent, ...and i' ll be buying both on their respective release dates!

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was probably my favourite (tied maybe with RE4) game from the previous generation and so my hopes are high that Double Agent will meet my high expectations and be worth the £50 ($90-ish) i' ll have to spend on it.

Anyway, there' s some direct feed HD (360) gameplay footage HERE (about half way down just under the ' Zidane Viral Video' that shows Fisher headbutting trrorists to death)

These are screencaps from the video...

(check out the scars on the back of Fishers head, ...i can only imagine how RE5 will look!!!)

The solo campaign will keep me busy for a while but the online means just as much (if not more) to me and the online is sounding REALLY fu*king good...

The player count has been upped to 6 (anybody who is sitting there saying " six players, ....its that all?!" needs to understand how Splinter Cells multi-player works), and while there are the usual Spy vs Merc modes on offer:

-Infiltration
-Protect And Destroy

...there are all new Spy vs Spy and Merc vs Merc modes:

-Team Hack (teams work to hack the others terminals)
-Deathmatch
-Team Deathmatch (YAY!!!)
-Blitz (silimar to the Assault mode in Unreal)
-Key Run (teams battle to get a key and then use it - CTF)
-Sam vs All (YAY!!!)
-Countdown (killing opponents extends your life)

THEN there' s the Online Career mode where you' ll be able to advance your character (be it spy or merc) through team/clan play, working your way up through a ranking system until you reach either ' Echelon Spy or Upsilon Mercenary' by completeing missions. Like in Black Arrow you' ll be able to upgrade/improve your character stats and will gain new equipment and gadgets.

YAY!!!

ALSO, clans/teams will be able to train against bots, which while not exactly idea will still be useful for working out strategies without the fear of failure affecting their ranking.

Lastly, only the 360 version of the game will have 3 on 3 play (the rest having 2 on 2), only the 360 version will allow you to fight underwater, ...and only the 360 version will have the new reflective camoflage (invisbility)...YAY!!!

This game has NOT been announced for PS3. HA!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 5 Nov 06 3:32:24 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 04:06
Aaaaaahhhhh... here are my screens... Hey everybody.. shiiinyeee

I so want to post my love of the Splinter cell series, but I may run into tomorrow
morning..

MGS? Who cares...

Splinter Cell? Now that' s something...... it' s a game!

Lastly, only the 360 version of the game will have 3 on 3 play (the rest having 2 on 2), only the 360 version will allow you to fight underwater, ...and only the 360 version will have the new reflective camoflage (invisbility)...YAY!!!

This game has NOT been announced for PS3. HA!

SHOCK HORROR!!!

I thought they were coming out simultaneously???

PS3 gamers can have their " Assassin' s Creed"

Oh wait..

You can, but for about 3 months! Yes!

Rumour has it, that if you hold your blu-ray disc up to the light, the extra
16GBs do something... mm-hmm, what else did you think you were getting for
that price?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 04:11
But who will think of the children!!!
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 04:14

I thought they were coming out simultaneously???

Game announcement press release...

San Francisco, CA – December 14, 2005 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world' s largest video game publishers, announced Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell 4 (working title), the fourth blockbuster in the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell franchise, will officially be called Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent. The game will be available Spring 2006 for the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo GameCube system and Windows PC.

Following the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell franchise tradition of innovation, Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent will completely revolutionize and reinvent the spy action genre by introducing an unprecedented double agent concept and an entirely new breed of game play that adds an exciting new dimension to the gaming experience. " Ubisoft is excited to have re-imagined the Splinter Cell franchise by introducing Sam Fisher as a double agent, expanding the depth of his character," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. " Gamers are going to find themselves immersed in entirely new territory that will allow Ubisoft to expand on its already captivating Splinter Cell franchise." With the entirely new direction of Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ubisoft has reinvented the best-selling and highest rated espionage franchise. The revolutionary double agent concept immerses players in the world of international espionage more completely than ever, expanding the story and depth of Sam Fisher' s character and evoking players' emotions by drawing them deeper into the gaming experience. Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent will push the limits of each platform based on its respective technological capabilities, taking advantage of a collaborative development effort between Ubisoft' s award-winning development studios in Montreal, Shanghai and Annecy, France. Across all platforms, Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent will have the features that have defined the Splinter Cell franchise – amazing graphics, fluid animations, advanced artificial intelligence and open level design. Furthermore, each platform will feature exclusive content and offer a unique game play experience. " The surprising new direction for the series will certainly excite fans and attract the attention of a whole new group of gamers," said Jeremy Zoss, associate editor at Game Informer Magazine. " As fans of the Splinter Cell series, Game Informer is thrilled to bring our readers a world exclusive first look at Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent," available on newsstands December 22, 2005. Game Informer features an in-depth first preview of Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent. About Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell Double Agent Veteran agent Sam Fisher is back. But he' s never faced an enemy like this before. To stop a devastating terrorist attack, he must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within. For the first time ever, experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. As you infiltrate a terrorist organization in its American headquarters, you must carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Kill too many criminals and you' ll blow your cover. Hesitate too long and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive. Key Features Include:

Dual objectives to fulfill: NSA government agents and terrorists will each want you to accomplish opposing tasks at the same time.
Discover the tension of being a double agent: Use actual tactics employed by today' s real-life double agents to sabotage the terrorists' plans.
Explore a branching storyline with multiple endings: Your choices have an impact on how the story and game play unfolds.
A world of international espionage: Missions from all over the world, from Asia to Africa to the heart of the US. Experience extreme situations: underwater or in a sandstorm, hiding behind the dust or smoke – and even skydiving.
New authentic gadgets: Master the latest weapons and gadgets used by NSA government agents in addition to black-market terrorist weapons.
Innovative online play: The critically acclaimed multiplayer action of Tom Clancy' s Splinter Cell is back with entirely new innovations for each platform.

About Tom Clancy:

With over 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world' s most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, Red Rabbit, and The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes non-fiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books have already been adapted into highly successful feature films.

About Ubisoft

Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 538 million Euros for the 2004–2005 fiscal year, an increase of 8 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.

...and a quick jump to the OFFICIAL WEBSITE shows that there is no PS3 logo listed or shown.

RB6: Vegas will be on both 360 and PS3 but as it stands, the only next gen machine getting Double Agent is 360.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 04:56
I really liked Chaos Theory, but I' m not so sure about this one. It might have been the retarded guy playing in the video, but it seemed kinda hard to hit a stationary target right in front of you, and getting shot once from point blank didn' t seem to do a single thing. Not much realism there...

Perhaps theres a difficulty mode which' ll make things better, but not in an unfair way like some parts of Ghost Recon were on hard!

Zidane Viral Video was fun though!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 05:10
It thought you where going to talk about my FAVORITE Silent, Deadly and Bald man,

47 from Hitman.

What a shame
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 21 Jul 06 21:10:35 >
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 05:15

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

It thought you where going to talk about my FAVORITE Silent, Deadly and Bald man,

47 from Hitman.

What a shame

Absolutely not. Personally i DESPISE the Hitman series.
Silentbomber

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 05:26
gotta hate that good gameplay thing, eh?
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 06:03
Gameplay?!

You' re kidding?! The Hitman games are so devoid of gameplay that i wouldn' t even....

....i wouldn' t even....

....FUCK!!!

I can' t think of anything. Can i get back to you later?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 06:04
Hitman' s great! I love that series as well. But it' s an acquired taste I think.

Playing with Fisher on the other hand is more plug and play...
< Message edited by choupolo -- 21 Jul 06 22:06:04 >
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 06:06
hitman 1 had great ideas...i loved the first 3 levels...go to a rooftop and snipe on only one of the triad liders so that they start a war between themselves...briliant

but after hitman 1 the series kinda got worst...this is only an opinion based on videos since i only played Hitman 1.

But Splinter cell: double agent is looking great...more than one way to finish your missions.
< Message edited by hidemoto -- 21 Jul 06 22:07:34 >
Nitro

All Things Clancy - Jul 22, 2006 08:24
I' ve changed the name of the thread because i' ve decided to post some Vegas st*t too.

What you don' t like Clancy games? Fu*k you, i do!

(note that while the original source video was 720p, my screencaps although set to the same resolution don' t appear to be as sharp as the video - the game, like Advanced Warfighter has zero aliasing!)

720p Direct Feed Demo Walkthrough

I' m seriously hoping that the rapelling, 3rd person cover perpective and blind fire make it into the multi-player half of the game too.

As i' ve said, i' m a huge Clancy game fan and a fan of military shooters in general so this is looking like gaming gold to me. I know this will appeal to Quez, Tiz & co, but what about the rest of you guys (Gangsta, Bishonen, Ginjirou etc etc) ???

Do you guys find this as impressive as i do?

(unlike Double Agent, this HAS been been announced for PS3)

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: All Things Clancy - Jul 22, 2006 09:02
I love tactical shooters with SWAT being a favourite. But I never liked Clancy' s Rainbow Six series for some reason.
This game looks very, very promising though.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 22, 2006 10:31

Do you guys find this as impressive as i do?

When I first saw it, I practically crapped my pants. The visuals were amazing yeah, but the gameplay, that just looks awesome. I doubt they' d show us all those nice features in the gameplay trailer, just to abandon them for stop & pop gameplay online.

I can fairly say that Hitman, however, sucks ramen. You get into a small room, and the camera starts jumping up and down like a jack-russel frickin terrier! It' s a royal pain. Yeah it looks pretty, but there' s just not much to it.
Nitro

All Things Clancy - Jul 24, 2006 22:05
Hitman has nice ideas but it' s always poorely executed. I loved the Russian? level in Hitman 2 where you start in the trainstation, ...but that' s about it.

I' m not keen on games that push for the same old locations like China Town or whatever. I mean, how would the locals fail to recognise a 6" + bald white male who has a barcode on the back of his neck, ...dressed as a Triad?!

The Hitman premise is great, -- who wouldn' t want to play as a hitman/assassin (Carlos the Jackal springs to mind), but the Hitman games just feel " messy" .

It' s the same with the Tenchu games. They' ve refused to grow up. That' s why i love Clancy games, ...they evolve and improve with every installment (not counting Lockdown).
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 24 Jul 06 14:07:04 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 22:09
Team kikizo will rule on RSV6
Nitro

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 22:52

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Team kikizo will rule on RSV6

I bought GRAW Chapter 2 earlier...)

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 24 Jul 06 14:53:36 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 22:57
Im not,im gonna buy BFME2 instead this week.
Silentbomber

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 23:07
I used to hate Hitman, but i just played it more and now I am in love.

Blood Money is just great, a highlight of the series.
QuezcatoL

RE: Sam Fisher: Silent, Deadly and Bald - Jul 24, 2006 23:12
Liar,why do you lie?
Change Page: 123456789 > | Showing page 1 of 9, messages 1 to 20 of 164

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages