Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 3 more NFS titles coming this year
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
3 more NFS titles coming this year - Feb 01, 2009 16:10
When I first read this - I had my usual cynical reaction of 'my god EA please let this franchise die a dignified death instead of squeezing it dry until it collapses a wrinkled corpse'. 

But then it caught my eye that some of the developers from Blimey that made some of my favourite racing games GT Legends and the GTR games, were collaborating on NFS: Shift under the supervision of the heads of Black Box and DICE.  And well that was enough to grab my attention for this game - I've been eagerly awaiting Blimey's next game since GTR2.  EA may end up devouring Blimey as they have many others, forcing them to spew up another generic NFS title with a cynical marketing hook - but that can't be allowed to happen!   NFS is about as far from GTR as is possible so I'm anxious and intruiged to see what they come up with.  Looks a lot like GRID so far.

As for the other two games well there's some Nintendo stuff by EA Montreal and what sounds like an NFS MMO by Black Box and EA Singapore.  Neither of which I could care less about tbh.

Link: http://www.needforspeed.com/portal/site/nfs/news/details/?contentId=813d3b692862f110VgnVCM100000100d2c0aRCRD

<message edited by choupolo on Feb 01, 2009 16:23>
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:3 more NFS titles coming this year - Feb 01, 2009 16:43
Shift looks nice.

OPM UK has an preview of it in the next issue, I believe

NFS World Online should just be incorporated into one of the games. It would become much better
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:3 more NFS titles coming this year - Feb 01, 2009 23:45
that Shift screenie looks HAWT!
Just hope gameplay is on par with the graphics.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:3 more NFS titles coming this year - Feb 02, 2009 13:07
Ok, ...none of those screens represent what the game will look like. They're promotional renders.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any of them being even remotely interesting.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:3 more NFS titles coming this year - Feb 02, 2009 21:15

Ok, ...none of those screens represent what the game will look like. They're promotional renders.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any of them being even remotely interesting.
Yep. Seriously, just let the series die after MW. Everything since MW was utter trash. The only way I see the series ever going anywhere is if they stop trying to dish out half-assed games annually.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:3 more NFS titles coming this year - Feb 03, 2009 01:48
The actual game of SHIFT will look nowhere near as good as the fake pic posted above.  I hate it when developers do that, release screen caps of games that go far beyond what current-gen consoles are capable of realistically achieving at any decent frame rate. 

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll