Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 something for Sega fans
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
something for Sega fans - Sep 11, 2007 06:47
This is something cool for Sega fans... I don' t usually buy things that have no practical use, but I got these for myself for my birthday earlier this year because they' re so cool. They' re a gashapon, or capsule toy, collection from Japan called the Sega History Collection. Tiny-ass consoles!

The Sega Mark III, the immediate predecessor to the Master System, comes with two control pads, a cartridge (Fantasy Zone) and a card (I' m not sure but I think it' s Teddy Boy.) It also comes with the FM synthesis card add-on, complete with a ribbon cable that connects to a port on the front and another cord (power cord?) that connects to the back of the console.

The Sega Master System integrated all the add-on features of the Mark III in what is perhaps the coolest console case ever. I think its design still holds up against today' s consoles. It comes with two control pads, of the later design with the cords coming out of their back rather than their side, a Phantasy Star cartridge and a card which I can' t identify. Does anyone recognize it? Also on the underside you can see the expansion port that was never utilized as far as I know.

The Mega Drive came with only one control pad as you' ll recall. This is the original , and best-looking version of this console. In this collection it comes with Sonic the Hedgehog. There is also the Mega Adaptor, which allowed backwards compatibility with Master System cartridges and cards. Plus, the 32X with Virtua Fighter. On the right underside there is a working expansion port which allows you to connect the Mega CD, which comes with a disc -- does anyone recognize this artwork?

The Sega Saturn gets minimal representation in this collection... the console, a single original control pad, and that' s a Virtua Fighter 2 disc in the drive there.

Last but not least, the Dreamcast is represented here with Space Channel 5. The collection also comes with two VMUs that actually plug into the controller! Furthermore, it' s so insanely detailed that there are the little shells to put on the VMUs when you are taking them from place to place in your pocket!

I hope you dig the pictures. This is a really cool collection, especially if you love the designs of the consoles but don' t have enough space to store the actual ones.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll