Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 03:55
Or so the rumors are saying.

1. GTAIV DLC will arrive in late October or Early November
2. The DLC will be more like an expansion pack
3. It's rumored to cost 1600 MS points and will be very large

That's what I've heard at least.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 04:51
If they bring new weapons/cars and multiplayer modes I might be interrested for the PC version but if it's just missions I'll pass. 
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 06:26
Eddie can has link? Or Chef can has take Eddie's word, because it's more reliable than most sites anyway?
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 12:16
How much is 1600 MS points?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 13:39
20 $/€
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 18:41

Eddie can has link? Or Chef can has take Eddie's word, because it'smore reliable than most sites anyway?

Chef can has take Eddie's word that it's at the very least, a reliable rumor.

The news is no secret, I'm just too lazy to go find the link for the informant's supposed leak.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 21:36
You can't just post this without a source link. Please post a source link.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 22:24
bah, i bought gta4 for gta4. I completed it ands will not download this, unless it's free [and on ps3 lol somehow]
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 24, 2008 23:27
So, if we get a developer, or someone with inside information on here, they need to out their source too?

One of a hundred or so articles on the leak.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 25, 2008 12:00
It's called context Eddie.

Like say, if you'd read about it on an actual website as opposed to some retarded WordPress powered blog... it might have an ounce of credibility.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 26, 2008 10:17
surely Eddie is entitled to post this as a rumour, provided he says it is so; and we can all take the information at face value. All gaming websites state rumours based on un-named sources I see no reason why this discussion board should be any different.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 26, 2008 16:16
Entitled because it's Eddie and not just some gereral muppet forum user?

Yes, ...at least in my book. As far as i'm concerned Eddie is Kikizo's most important user. However, if i have to post sources... everybody does ;)
mastachefbkw

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 26, 2008 17:01
It has been confirmed for this Fall.

...but I say there will be problems with it and get pushed back until late December.

I found an article last night(I think on IGN), but I can't seem to find it now. It said there would be around 15 hours of gameplay. I figure if it is 15 hours of gameplay, then a $15 price tag sounds about right. I mean, 15 hours is longer than most games themselves.
Silentbomber

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 26, 2008 17:31
yeah could be 15 hours of shit though
mastachefbkw

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 26, 2008 17:54
Silentbomber

yeah could be 15 hours of shit though

Very true. I hope it has more missions like the bank robbery, instead of the retarded "track down (insert name) and gun him down in a high speed chase".

Eddie_the_Hated

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 26, 2008 18:39
They padded the total advertised playtime with carjackings and hits, but even without them, you still had a 10 hour campaign.

...but I say there will be problems with it and get pushed back until late December.

I say it's Rockstar, and they'll push it back regardless of problems.

In all seriousness though, I doubt they'll delay. Their engine is already in place, they have most likely been working on the expansion since at or around launch, and the only things they really need to do are more than achievable in their timeframe.
Ornodeal

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 27, 2008 08:27
as this is DLC they don't have to worry about getting it out before xmas unlike a physical piece of software, so this may slip further. But to agree with you Eddie, they had this planned well before the original launch so it shouldn't be a problem.

There may be not just a single set of missions in this, but might also include extra things to collect/take, buildings open. Wonder whether there will be achievements added?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 28, 2008 16:44
It's very likely.
Silentbomber

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 28, 2008 17:19
is this dlc stand alone?
Ornodeal

Re:GTA DLC Details. More like expansion pack, and it's expensive. - Aug 28, 2008 17:27
you'll probably have to have unlocked all the islands to use it as it would seem odd if they restricted the content to just the earlier ones.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message