Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Flawed engine?
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
Flawed engine? - Aug 08, 2004 21:45
Don' t know if this is already done, but what the heck here it is: the future of gaming.

http://unrealtechnology.com/flash/technology/ue30.shtml
Unbelievable.Its the new unreal engine 3.0. Its designed for the next wave of consoles, and just looks incredible.

As for the engine used in doom3, i heard from a friend that id didnt make use of the engine' s full capabilities. The number of objects u could manipulate were scarce ( boxs etc ) and the rag doll wasnt what it was expected to be.

I wouldnt know since its not out here yet, but i think i can guess what john carmack' s trying to do. Doom3 sounds more like a tech demo than a full game. I think it was a way for id to show off the new engine. The gameplay( i heard ) is very similar to the previous installments and doesnt offer anything new in terms of innovation. They didnt seem to put too much effort into the gameplay.

My guess is theyre probably holding back the good stuff for their new project.
Then again my friend' s an ass, and im probably gonna buy doom3 despite the apparent ' flaws' that he mentioned. Somebody enlighten me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll