Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 09:03
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 09:11
I am waiting for the Hd version! bittorrent are slow ass. Its up on the psu... the american one, eu store has not been touched.

This Trailer is Brillant!

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 09:43
I' m still waiting for anything decent to hit XBLM. Blue Dragon & Ace-Combat are nice, but there' s no real meat to the thing. I' d love a BiA demo, but I' m a realist.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 09:44
...this damn game alone is going to force me to buy a PS3.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 10:08
I hear you ghost but its not like this isthe only good game I could see myself playing little big planet and Warhawk but this is definately a major selling point for me.

Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 10:54
My reactions:

(Snake stumbles towards Liquid/Ocelot) GAAAH! SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM GODAMMIT!

Needless to say, I' ll buy a PS3 for this.
Silentbomber

RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 11:15
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 12, 2007 17:47
I downloaded it from the US PSN last night (Silent mate, check your inbox here)...

The character design is fantastic, ...Vamp in particular looks badass. I actually enjoyed the fight at the end more than the rest of the trailer, but that' s probably got something to do with the fact that i hate Meryl. It' s her stupid hair.

I can' t wait to see gameplay next week...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 13, 2007 11:55
I didnt see anything that said it was PS3 exclusive. Have they said anything else about it being exclusive to PS3 or being 360 as well?
Silentbomber

RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 13, 2007 23:41
Kojima said on stage that its a ps3 exculsive.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 14, 2007 10:08
*SPOLIER* well most of us saw the trailer by now. Why didn' t snake just shoot him. He had the opportunity.
the fight with raiden looked great.

...this damn game alone is going to force me to buy a PS3.

yup. me too.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 15, 2007 06:08

Why didn' t snake just shoot him. He had the opportunity.

It looked like he was limping or stumbling or something. Also, I heard something about FOXDIE and nanocontrol or some such sh*t. It sounds like Ocelot/Liquid can " jam" people with nanomachines. However, I was under the impression that FOXDIE was a virus. We' ll just wait and see.
Silentbomber

RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 15, 2007 07:12

Why didn' t snake just shoot him. He had the opportunity.

He couldnt, the nanomachines inside snake are stopping him shooting Liquid, the procedure liquid built to controll the nanomachines affects First generation nanomachines [aka Snake from 9 years ago] and the new soliders with the 3rd generation machines, making them go berzerk crying/beating each other up etc. Thats why raiden [the guy in the mask] wasnt afffected as he had 2nd generation nanomachines, that is also how liquid also gets into power of most if not all the pmc' s around the world and possibley explains the whole snake' s injection scenes, as he needs protection from the nanomachines. Thats just a theory but I stand by it.

Typicaly Mgs games [Since mgs2] usually have two parts, the first being short and setting up the rest of the game [aka tanker in mgs2, virtious mission in mgs3]. If I had to guess I would place this scene in the first chapter, the trailers from tgs and e3 06 would be after this.

I was under the impression that FOXDIE was a virus. We' ll just wait and see.

Foxdie is a viris per say yes, but not a typical one. It was progammed by Naomi without permission and injected into snake during Shadow mosses 9 years ago. Foxdie targets certain people only, aka The Darpa Cheif and Liquid from mgs1 , It is programmed to kill snake too, but nobody knows when as Namoi set it to a random value, it could happen any second. Thats not the only thing threating snake' s life, he is also aging very fast [remember only 9 years have passed since mgs1], Namoi tells Snake he has 6 months to live, that sounds correct considering his current age and the time it taken him to get there. ANd then he needs to avoid Liquids men and co. they also want him dead, as Liquid is intent on destorying the Patriots and Snake is in his way.

Of course even if Snake avoids all of that, he might just Kill himself in the end. lol
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 14 Jul 07 23:22:21 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 15, 2007 17:53

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I didnt see anything that said it was PS3 exclusive. Have they said anything else about it being exclusive to PS3 or being 360 as well?

this is just sad.

anyway, to me this trailer was pure ass, the game characters are beyond incredible and it looks fantastic in motion but hell, the english voice acting is trash and the ridiculous battles are not helping, the final game will be ace tho.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 15, 2007 19:52
It looks like it' ll be a typical Metal Gear game.
Silly fights, crazy plot, cool graphics, gay vampires, cybergenetic ninjas, big robots... just like in real life.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 15, 2007 19:57
true, but im really happy with this one since i´ll be able to play the game in japanese without having to import, as it was mean to be played
Silentbomber

RE: Guns of the Patriots Video! Tons of Plot Info! - Jul 15, 2007 23:45
I like the English Va

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages