Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The horrors of console forums
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The horrors of console forums - Nov 29, 2004 18:55
Uhg out of curiosity I decided to dwell around a lil in Playstions, Xbox and Gamecube forums. After read about one or 2 topics form each including the responces below...I am officially scared from ever going into one of them again.

The constant bickering and fanboyism and fighting is nuts, the only one I found a lil safety in was for Gamecube even that wasnt a big positive. I dont even know how you can keep track of whats going on in there. I felt like the equivelent of being a mormon walking into a bar in the worst part of the worst major city around. I couldve sworn spit came flying in my direction. I had to come back to this forum immediatly when I was done...I felt so dirty....

O I love this forum and stuff but I so do not want it to become like one of those forums. Its like a distant 5 star island in the warm pacific ocean where ppl can goto have a nice relaxing chat.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The horrors of console forums - Nov 29, 2004 19:35
Kikizo has that ' small town' feel, while some of those others have that ' big city' feel...I like smalltown over big city anyday!

That' s mainly what attracted me about the Kikizo website and forums...the lack of bickering over which system or game is the best.

At least, at Kikizo, we all get a chance to be heard and all forum members are respected.

Way to go, Kikizo!!!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: The horrors of console forums - Nov 29, 2004 22:05
Game FAQ' s... while impressive because of it' s huge amount of actually helpful FAQ' s, has a major Achilles heel in it' s message boards. Some of the people there are ok, in fact I' ve been posting there for a few years (not with any kind of regularity though). But the amount of complete and utter fools there is very worrying.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: The horrors of console forums - Nov 30, 2004 03:04
I like some of the Gamefaqs message boards, but only those for specific games. To some degree I am one of those horrors from places like that, lol.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: The horrors of console forums - Nov 30, 2004 13:10
I also like the Gamefaqs board because they respond so immediately to any question you have. I dislike some things though like if you post a topic and then a few minutes later it' s pushed down to the point where you have to look back 2 to 3 pages all in like a few minutes just to see the response and the people there arent so very friendly sometimes...
captain Qball

• Total Posts : 30
RE: The horrors of console forums - Dec 08, 2004 00:09
Yeah, specific message boards for each system are not a good idea, it only works to flock fanboys/fangirls of that system to there, and anyone else will get eaten alive.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: The horrors of console forums - Dec 17, 2004 18:04
All of you who are members of the Gamefaqs forums should be ashamed of yourselves.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll