Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fracture is "Competition for Gears of War"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Fracture is "Competition for Gears of War" - Oct 11, 2008 17:31

Lucasarts' terrain-deforming shooter Fracture - which is in the shops today - is definitely competition for genre big boys Gears of War and Resistance 2, the developer told CVG.

Speaking to us in a recent interview, Lucasarts producer Shara Miller said that players going back to other shooters after Fracture will miss terrain deformation, which is apparently proof that the feature isn't a gimmick.

"When we've done focus groups people have said, 'This is definitely a Gears quality game' and 'Why can't I have terrain deformation in Halo?'," she said, "so it's great to be compared to those really well loved games.

"For a new IP I think that we've done a great job of evoking in people's minds that it's a game of that calibre."

You say your half-assed gimmick based game is a contender alongside Epic and Bungie, and then you roll a line like:

According to Miller it was important to Lucasarts to get Fracture out before the Christmas onslaught. "That was very important to us," she said.

That?!

IGN and myself think differently...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread