Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 sealed games
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 102
SealedCollector

• Total Posts : 36
sealed games - Sep 15, 2007 21:53
I know this is a bit of a taboo subject amongst the general gaming community, but it' s news all the same, and may interest the small minority to whom it applies.

A new forum site has recently just been set up aimed at collector' s who prefer to collect factory sealed video-games, called Sealed Game Heaven ( http://forum.sealedgameheaven.com , http://www.sealedgameauctions.com ), and has already so far been reported on by Kotaku.com; InsertCredit.com; And also BitParade

The forum features in-depth guides and discussions regarding sealed games from all regions, as well as useful information regarding what to look out for, as well as the differences between factory seals and reseals. It also has another section where members have posted pictures of their impressive sealed game collections for your viewing pleasure!

The forum is predominantly English and German, with area' s for discussions in both languages. Even if you are not a fan of this unique collecting phenomenon, it may still fascinate you or even provide enlightenment!
<message edited by SealedCollector on Dec 14, 2008 14:59>
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: sealed games - Sep 15, 2007 22:11
Y' know, I' m registering just based on the fact that you aren' t advertising for something. I swear, I saw " sealed games" and then " SealedCollector" and figured that it was a viral marketing thing.

Welcome to Kikizo by the way. I don' t think I' ve ever talked to a Sealed Game Collector, so the discussions should be interesting. What' s the rarest game you happen to have NRFB in your collection?
SealedCollector

RE: sealed games - Sep 15, 2007 22:14
rarest game is a sealed Psyvariar Complete limited Capture Edition for the PS2 ! Never saw this over the last 4 years on ebay ! so i think my copy is really rar ;) !
< Message edited by Sealedcollector -- 15 Sep 07 14:15:29 >
SealedCollector

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: sealed games - Sep 15, 2007 22:35
I uh... have... never heard of that...

Looks rare though!
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 01:02
I can understand why people do this, its good to have a collection of things other people don' t have, although it is a but antique-geeky in a way. Can' t say I' ve got any games still sealed as I buy ' em to play ' em - but I do have a masterchief figurine still sealed in his box.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 02:38
I am trying for all prophets and the arbiter currently have truth, regret and a MC and a jackel, ready to go with my legendary edition of 3
SealedCollector

RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 03:29
if you are interested you can read the sealed guides ... maybe you become a sealed collector too ;) !
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 10:41
Me trying to contain myself from opening a game would be like asking a comic nerd not to take a 1st edition spiderman comic out of the protective sleeve
SealedCollector

RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 16:12
hehe just practise ;)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 16:40
Do you play games as well? or just collect them?

If the games are crap are they worthless? is it about how much they sold?
SealedCollector

RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 17:11
i Do not have so many time to play games but i also play some games with friends ... And if I like the single player mode I buy a cheap used copy ...

when you collect sealed games it is important to have an aim ! Many people make the mistake and buy games of every system and every genre ! Maybe you like for example Zelda games. Than your aim is maybe to collect all Zelda games sealed and so on ...
< Message edited by Sealedcollector -- 16 Sep 07 9:12:13 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 20:32
I have a friend who collects sealed Final Fantasy games. Maybe he wants to join...

Anyway, he' s kinda sneaky though. He wants to sell some other games on eBay as " sealed" but the thing is that he' s going to put his own cover on unsealed games to make them look like they were sealed from the factory...

...or do you guys have some kind of expertise which enables you to see if a seal is real or fake?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 22:25

The forum features in-depth guides and discussions regarding sealed games from all regions, as well as useful information regarding what to look out for, as well as the differences between factory seals and reseals.

Ginjirou Ginjiouman
Swedish National Literacy Final Examination
Final Grade: Fail Minus

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: sealed games - Sep 16, 2007 22:27
FFS I didn' t read as carefully as you did damnit!
Stop making me loke like a fool. You always do that! Is it because I completely trashed your COD4 screenshots??

SealedCollector

RE: sealed games - Sep 17, 2007 04:57
ginjirou : no we do not want any scammers in our message board so do not inform your friend :) !
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: sealed games - Sep 17, 2007 05:15
Im sorry.

I find the notion of collecting unsealed videogames a bit fucked up.

You can have a cool collection, but it will hold no value to anyone but yourself. it might not be the point of it having value, but if ´mostly everyone else will think your fucked up for collecting why bother?

I can definetly understand comics, maybe stamps and coins, even to some degree sneakers.

but a collectors edition of a game isnt really rare..

Ahh well we all have our seperate joys, i like playing games, not looking at boxes..

Have fun with it
SealedCollector

RE: sealed games - Sep 17, 2007 15:59
that a collectors edition isnt really rare depends on the game !
Maybe there are 40000 units but maybe there are only 500 units like Last Hope for Dreamcast !
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: sealed games - Sep 17, 2007 17:24
Collecting sealed games is gayer than the YMCA
SealedCollector

RE: sealed games - Sep 17, 2007 21:20
well thats your opinion ;)
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 102

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages