Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shadow The HedgeHog
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
RisingPheonix

• Total Posts : 33
Shadow The HedgeHog - Nov 26, 2005 20:49
Who Else has played this game? Its awesome!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Nov 26, 2005 20:54
Played through the first three levels..... i think i had my fill.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Nov 26, 2005 20:59
Awesome? What? Umm err?

After 2 playthroughs I' ll say that the game isn' t worth more than a 7/10 rating. The gunplay was kinda cool and I didn' t have as hard a time with the controls as a lot of other people did, but the camera is annoying at times and the gameplay isn' t all that exciting save for a few areas here and there.

I do REALLY like the branching storyline/missions though. If you have a hard time with one of the mission objectives in each level you can opt to not complete that mission and just MOVE the hell on, I absolutely LOVE that. Too bad Sonic Adventure 2 didn' t have such an option to save me from the headaches of the Knuckles and Rogues scavenger hunting levels!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 27 Nov 05 5:05:05 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Nov 26, 2005 22:22
I couldn' t adapt to the controls. They seemed very bizarre. Also the music sucks tremendous amounts of ass.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Nov 27, 2005 06:14
I' m a big Sonic fan and even I can' t find any love for Shadow. It' s not the idea that it' s a Sonic game with guns... I was actually defending the game when many were already slagging it off. It' s the fact that it looks and plays worse than the Sonic Adventure games for the Dreamcast.

The only thing I love about the game is the pre-rendered intro and the song to go with it.
Kris

• Total Posts : 14
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Nov 27, 2005 15:18
I was watching the advert for it in my cinema and beforethe actual hedgehog comes on its looks pretty cool, i think im just put off because it seems kinda samey, but ill give it a try before i jump to any conclusions.
RisingPheonix

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 07, 2005 14:39
Music is pretty good and you should Get a friggen life! THIS IS NOT SONIC! ITS SHADOW! SEVERAL ENDINGS OVER 300! MANY UNLOCKABLES THAT MAKE THE GAME Fun! Get a life and try and atleast wait till the end to give it an opinion!
Because the ending unlock shit!
RisingPheonix

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 07, 2005 14:53
Also, http://forums.kikizo.com/default.asp?catApp=0
Thats for those who Need a Closer look on Shadow the Hedgehog and The TRUE story. The story of an Android/Hero/Villian Named Shadow...
The Truth Will be released Give Shadow a chance and watch the clip Here comes Shadow
< Message edited by RisingPheonix -- 7 Dec 05 22:56:07 >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 07, 2005 19:39

Music is pretty good and you should Get a friggen life! THIS IS NOT SONIC! ITS SHADOW! SEVERAL ENDINGS OVER 300! MANY UNLOCKABLES THAT MAKE THE GAME Fun! Get a life and try and atleast wait till the end to give it an opinion!
Because the ending unlock shit!

Make you a deal.

I' ll get a life once you learn how to give an opinion without sounding like a complete jerk-face. Okay?
whatabout_paul

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 08, 2005 06:08
I paid £30 for it and I know it' s a ' Shadow' game rather than a ' Sonic' game but that still doesn' t excuse it for looking worse than a 4 year old Dreamcast game.

I will give the game its dues... the pre rendered stuff is awe inspiring. They' ve got that down to a brilliant style way outdoing Sonic Heroes rendered scenes. The music... some of it anyway is good too. I' m a sucker for Crush 40 and they didn' t disappoint this time either.

Unfortunately the only fun I' ve found involved running through the missions ignoring all the other characters pleas for help. I don' t care for slowly pacing through a level making sure to kill 45 Black Arms or Gun solders. The aiming is awful but unfortunately you are forced to shoot as the homing attack is rendered too weak and erratic to use, frequently missing its intended target and sending Shadow hurtling to his doom.

I don' t care about the horrible flying and the drunken camera. The voice acting is a little hit and mostly miss... Shadow, Sonic, Tails and Dr Eggman sound fine, even though it is the Sonic X voice actors and not the usual Game voices. However the Chaotix are enough to make me want to gnaw my ears off, Vector and Charmy the main offenders. Random GUN solider chatter is also badly acted (Though one shouting that Yuji Naka was safe made me chuckle) and I cannot get used to Rouge’s or Knuckles new voice.

Overall I’m disappointed and wish Shadow would vanish… oh wait a second…
RisingPheonix

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 08, 2005 15:47
yeah... I don' t care...Sorry that you suck ass at posting. I' m sorry your also a hippy XP
RisingPheonix

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 08, 2005 20:39
Sorry Accidently put wrong link, its http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/734/734823/vids_1.aspx
RisingPheonix

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 08, 2005 20:53
I am a Future game maker X) Dun tell me I' m a jerk Jackass! Keep your damned stupid opinions about a person thats not true! if you do Hell will engulf ur soul in the Firey Pits of Hell... There You will suffer the wrath of daemon and get ripped apart to thousands of peices! Can you see all of me now XP BURN! BURN!!!
Ok? Do you get my friggen point? I am Hell... I am Theo! Theo The gaurdian Of Hell! I will uleash the wrath of Kann on you! You sinner! I am your nightmare beyond the dreams! I am real! I am Theo The gaurdian of hell! Don' t you forget it or you shall burn! Theo is me! I am all i am! I will not Doubt That! Or you will regret Calling me a jerk yohu heartless loser... I am Theo! *steps on the noobs face* No Pain! FEEL IT! Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Feel My wrath! *Jumps into the air releasing thousands of blades from air!* Die!
Terry Bogard

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 08, 2005 21:53
*After reading the above post Terry decides to end the pain and runs head first into the pointed edge of a brick*
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 08, 2005 22:07
Damn Lotusson you' d better not be messin' with a future game maker! They' ll f*ck you up, man! I mean this guy will make games... in the future! Oh man I bet you wish there was a way you could go back in time to take that comment back, because this guy is a future game maker! Anything he says is legit and 100% true, being as he is a future game maker and all. His attitude is also therefore justified, as future game makers can do anything they want and get away with it. Like typing the letters " XP" several times per paragraph for NO REASON WHATSOEVER! He is a future game maker and if he likes the letters X and P next to each other for no reason, then he can do it. You just watch out, man.

I hope you get his friggen point because you are walking on thin ice here.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 09, 2005 11:11
Does this make RP a ' game flamer' ?

It' s cool to like a game a lot...just about everyone here knows how I feel about Mercenaries...but I try to get people interested in learning about the game and its premise - not dis-ing people, because they have a different opinion.

RP, maybe you need to cool off and play out ten or more of those 300 different paths/endings - something you really like doing. You just need some time away from Kikizo, dude.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9 Dec 05 19:12:32 >
whatabout_paul

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 09, 2005 11:19

Hell will engulf ur soul in the Firey Pits of Hell

Then he says I suck ass at posting?
Terry Bogard

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 09, 2005 11:35
Yuji Naka: " 300 Endings? I had no idea Shadow the Hedgehog had that many. That' s 295 more endings than what we actually put into the game. Are you sure you' re playing OUR Shadow the Hedgehog??"
whatabout_paul

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 09, 2005 11:52
I *think* and this is only speculation here... the guy means there are 300 different routs through the game all of which actually have a title. The levels branch off Outrun style depending on wether you choose the good, bad or neurtal rout. However there are 10 endings which act as a ' what if' ending and when you get all those you get to play for the ' real' ending.

Why anyone would want to suffer all 300 routs is beyond me. Alas, not even my 360 can make the game look interesting imposing big black borders at the side of the screen. If they ever do a Sonic movie (or another if you count the two part Anime ' movie) it needs to be done in the CG style the game uses.
RisingPheonix

RE: Shadow The HedgeHog - Dec 09, 2005 15:45
Yeah! I unlocked 3 already... and working on the last one deifferent memories so it activates something.... good= maria memories Normal = army and a Taking over of shadow the hedgehogs.... 195 I think A future Empire... Besides It still counts.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message