Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Agency (PS3) - WTF???
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 01:10
...[:' (]...

SOE proving once again that they have no idea what they' re doing.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 01:47
What a shit game,and before someone think its because on the ps3 its also coming for pc,and it sux,stay the fuckl away form it,mkkkay.

Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 02:00
I can' t believe that this is what Sony is going to have for its first MMO for the PS3 and the screenshots are rather underwhelming considering all of this untapped power that the PS3 is supposedly packing which has not been brought forth.

I don' t want this to turn into another console debate but its not like I can really stop any of you if you decide to.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 02:23
Is this the ' big annocemnt' that was planned for today?, first of all I dont care for the game, and secondly I already knew of it!
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 03:11
Sony hasn' t said anything about a big announcement have they? A embargo were going to be lifted on a exclusive game, big announcement is just media-jargon, by someone who' s going to get a visit on their podcast by the creators of the game today. :-/

As for the Agency, I think the graphics should be very good by current MMO-standards, if these screens are anything to judge.. :-/
It would be interesting to see large groups of people in those details, if we get something along the lines to CoH/CoV-kind of characther-customization...:-/
I' m looking forward to it, and hope it could be cool.. To many people ignore all MMO' s wich isn' t WoW.

PS! Could you use spoiler-tags on images in original message..
< Message edited by kongrudi -- 11 Jun 07 19:13:12 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 03:18
Sounds dumb
Nitro

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 04:30

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

Not on these boards.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 05:49

Sony hasn' t said anything about a big announcement have they? A embargo were going to be lifted on a exclusive game, big announcement is just media-jargon, by someone who' s going to get a visit on their podcast by the creators of the game today. :-/

As for the Agency, I think the graphics should be very good by current MMO-standards, if these screens are anything to judge.. :-/
It would be interesting to see large groups of people in those details, if we get something along the lines to CoH/CoV-kind of characther-customization...:-/
I' m looking forward to it, and hope it could be cool.. To many people ignore all MMO' s wich isn' t WoW.

Guess its because Sony sucks at making MMO' s!

The details on the models are decent, girl on the first pic as nice attributes, but they coudl do better, they should put more efforts into making the surroundings blend in with the models even if it means lower polys, and MMOs should start making use of ligthing as well!
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 06:00
Reading about it....all i could think of was The Matrix Online
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 08:04
Better than whatever this is going to become. I' d rather see some more focus on PS HOME.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 14:00
When i first saw it i thought it was a rip off of crackdown
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 15:23
Hmmm. I see they' re using exactly the same engine they used for Everquest 2 - a game that is 3 years old.

edit:

Notice the almost faces are almost exactly the same:

< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 12 Jun 07 7:30:15 >
KongRudi

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 12, 2007 23:38

Hmmm. I see they' re using exactly the same engine they used for Everquest 2 - a game that is 3 years old.

This game uses Unreal Engine 3, the same engine as Gears of War.
You will not see GoW-graphics in The Agency tough, since this is a MMO, and naturally a MMO won' t be restricting their action to a 4-player game.
If you listen to 11/6 podcast of allgames radio, you' ll get to hear a interview with the developers, and they' ll inform you why they went with this kind of graphics, and more about the ingame gameplay, and many more details about the game.

It sounds really like a very interesting concept, wich I havn' t heard before.
A shooter MMO, genious. :)
Nitro

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 13, 2007 00:10

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

This game uses Unreal Engine 3, the same engine as Gears of War.
You will not see GoW-graphics in The Agency tough, since this is a MMO, and naturally a MMO won' t be restricting their action to a 4-player game.
If you listen to 11/6 podcast of allgames radio, you' ll get to hear a interview with the developers, and they' ll inform you why they went with this kind of graphics, and more about the ingame gameplay, and many more details about the game.

It sounds really like a very interesting concept, wich I havn' t heard before.
A shooter MMO, genious. :)

Excuses excuses.

Huxley is an MMO. Huxley allows for 100 vs 100 player battles. Huxley runs on UE3.0.

Huxley looks fantastic...
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 13, 2007 00:18

A shooter MMO, genious.

Sony tried the same formula before a while back, some massively multiplayer sci-fi shooter and it was a resounding failure. I' ll try and find a link.

Edit: No luck with the link, everything resembling MMO + FPS gets me Huxley... which isn' t a bad thing at all. Huxley is going to own this game' s very soul.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 12 Jun 07 16:20:19 >
Nitro

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 13, 2007 00:24

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

A shooter MMO, genious.

Sony tried the same formula before a while back, some massively multiplayer sci-fi shooter and it was a resounding failure. I' ll try and find a link.

Planetside.

Was fun for a short while.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 13, 2007 00:42
If you got someone who wasn' t playing via the ol' tin-can and baling wire connection.
KongRudi

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 13, 2007 01:06
You obviously havn' t any clue about what this game is about at all, when you think Planetside is similar. :-/

Go to allgames.com, listen to the 11/6-podcast and get back to me and tell me that a straight up FPS-MMO sounds more interesting than this thing if they implement all those features they mention, wich is not seen in any MMO before. :-/

(I' ve only read the developer interviews on Huxley, I' ll look into it more when I' ve been able to check out the media, it' sw too low bandwith to do that on my thin client at my workplace, to be able to stream).

The planetside-comment allmost makes you sound like the person who tought EQ ran on Unreal Engine.. :)
However, difference between The Agency and Planetside is one of the listener-questions, adressed in the podcast by the developers, btw. :)
Nitro

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 13, 2007 01:27
He mentioned Planetside because it was a Sony Online Entertainment developed MMOFPS. Same development team, same genre. Ofcourse it' s fucking relevant.

SOE don' t make good games. They make games that in theory could be fantastic, ...like Planetside, ...but actually end up disappointing.

The Agency sounds promising to some. Not to me, ...but to others. I think it looks and sounds awful, ...but that' s just my opinion. The only MMO i' m looking forward to right now is Huxley, ...a game you haven' t heard of because it' s not on PS3...

I' m sure The Agency will improve over the next few months, but i can' t help get that sickly camp No One Lives Forever/Perfect Dark Zero artstyle out of my mind and PS3 will have enough AAA online shooters by the time this arrives, so it' s only going to get overshadowed by more important games.
KongRudi

RE: The Agency (PS3) - WTF??? - Jun 13, 2007 04:18

He mentioned Planetside because it was a Sony Online Entertainment developed MMOFPS. Same development team, same genre. Ofcourse it' s ***ing relevant.

Wrong as usual...
Planetside weren' t developed by the same team, half of PS-team has retired, even tough there are some very smart people there.
This new development team, wich develops The Agency, is basically the people wich formed in FireAnt, a new acquisition forming up SOE Seattle division.. :)

Here is the company speach.

Matt Wilson will serve as Executive Producer of SOE-Seattle. Wilson had been with Microsoft for over 10 years, leaving to form FireAnt, Inc. with John Smith, Alex Pfaffe, Craig Link and Ed Fries in order to create cutting-edge massively multiplayer online games. All the members of FireAnt will be joining the new studio full-time, with the exception of Ed Fries, who will serve in an advisory role for SOE-Seattle game design and studio management. The SOE-Seattle team has a diverse history of game development, having worked on titles such as Dungeon Siege, Ultima Online, Wing Commander, Asheron' s Call, and many others.

" As our business grows, so does the need for more diverse titles," said Russell Shanks, chief operations officer, Sony Online Entertainment. " With the core team' s expertise in the video game industry and their passion for making games, we are confident that this new studio will allow us to maintain and expand SOE' s position as one of the world-wide leaders in online gaming."

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message