Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple
Change Page: 12345678910 > | Showing page 1 of 10, messages 1 to 20 of 183
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 03:31
I just finished my order on gamestop.com, and I ordered a PS3, MGS4, MGS Collection, an HDMI cable, and The God of War games. My 2 questions to the forums since Ive had literally no news for 14 weeks:

What good games(not RPGs) are on the horizon for the PS3 and what is out that I should buy. Also, what kind of headset to you guys recommend?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:07

I just finished my order on gamestop.com, and I ordered a PS3, MGS4, MGS Collection, an HDMI cable, and The God of War games. My 2 questions to the forums since Ive had literally no news for 14 weeks:

What good games(not RPGs) are on the horizon for the PS3 and what is out that I should buy. Also, what kind of headset to you guys recommend?

Wait, so the backwards-compatible PS3 consoles are still being sold? For some crazy reason I thought they were being phased out for the cheaper non-backwards compatible alternative.

Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune is a good game. Ratchet & Clank is another. Don' t know if those games are your cup of tea, but I loved them!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:12
I was under the impression that the 40Gb models used BC Emulation? Either way it doesnt matter, I still have my PS2, I just sold all the games I had for it. Im interested in Ratchet, but not Drakes Fortune.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:19
The 40 gig PS3 does not have backwards compatibility. As far as what' s coming out in the future... nothing really until next year. That' s why I returned the PS3 I bought last week. MGS4 will be good and I' m sure Uncharted and Ratchet will give you a brief stint of enjoyment but other than that the console will be collecting dust for a good 6 months.
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:24
I found heavenly sword a good game but is hard too. There are some parts that take luck to pass them. But I only finish it one time I din' t feel like playing it again.
and yeah uncharted: drakes fortune is a good game. I am kind of stuck in this part where you ride a jetski with a girl. I can' t pass that part I keep dying all the time.
Terry Bogard

RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:31

I was under the impression that the 40Gb models used BC Emulation? Either way it doesnt matter, I still have my PS2, I just sold all the games I had for it. Im interested in Ratchet, but not Drakes Fortune.

I still have my PlayStation 2 consoles too but ever since I got an LCD monitor for gaming I just want to play everything on that thing, and unfortunately, to my knowledge, the PS2 offers no VGA solution. Though, I would LOVE for someone to tell me that I' m wrong and point me in the direction of one ;D.

I have a Japanese PS3, which is backwards compatible with Japanese PS2 games but not U.S. games. At one point I thought about getting a U.S. PS3 unit in order to play PS2 games and watch Blu-Ray movies, but I recently found out that U.S. Blu-Ray movies play fine on the Japanese PS3. So now, the only reason to get an American unit would be to play old ass PS2 games, which makes no Damn sense whatsoever. Oh well.
Terry Bogard

RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:32

I found heavenly sword a good game but is hard too. There are some parts that take luck to pass them. But I only finish it one time I din' t feel like playing it again.
and yeah uncharted: drakes fortune is a good game. I am kind of stuck in this part where you ride a jetski with a girl. I can' t pass that part I keep dying all the time.

Wait, you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 but had trouble with those two games??? What the hell?!???
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 10 Jun 08 20:32:50 >
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:47

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Wait, you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 but had trouble with those two games??? What the hell?!???

I know this might sound strange but in heavenly sword there are some parts that are a pain in the ass and the last boss was really tough. It took me like more than 30 tries to defeat him. And uncharted like I said that part when you ride on the jetski I just keep dying they keep killing me. I stop playing it. I' m waiting if they release codebreaker so I can cheat.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 10:49
This thread has some suggestions by many people. May want to check it out.

Click Away.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:05
Terry B, git yo ass a component cable fo' da PS Double. It is mad tight yo. It is awesome rad. Den go in and set yo PS Double to Y,Pb,Pr instead of RGB and den you be kickin' like a mofo. Many games dey supportz da 480p so you must hold da X and Traingle at startup and den dose games will display in 480p and you be stylin' . Not all gamez, tho because da PS Double was extremely lacking in that department nad had da shittiest grafx of dat generation. PS Double was to da last generation what da Wii iz 2 dis generation. Kick it b-style, yo.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:16

Terry B, git yo ass a component cable fo' da PS Double. It is mad tight yo. It is awesome rad. Den go in and set yo PS Double to Y,Pb,Pr instead of RGB and den you be kickin' like a mofo. Many games dey supportz da 480p so you must hold da X and Traingle at startup and den dose games will display in 480p and you be stylin' . Not all gamez, tho because da PS Double was extremely lacking in that department nad had da shittiest grafx of dat generation. PS Double was to da last generation what da Wii iz 2 dis generation. Kick it b-style, yo.

Why are you like that ? Joe what are you on.
Joe Redifer

RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:19
Also the 40GB PS3 is indeed backwards compatible... I can play most if not all of my PS1 games on it.
Rampage99

RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:37

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Also the 40GB PS3 is indeed backwards compatible... I can play most if not all of my PS1 games on it.

Not any of the ones since the end of last year. They also don' t feature memory card slots for PS1/2 cards either. I can confirm this from the one I owned. This also confirms it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:48
Isn' t there a USB device that you can use to transfer PS2 saves to the PS3?

40Gb model MGS Collection

Well at least the PS2 slims are dirt cheap.

Yeah I' m sure out of all the games in the MGS Collection Dan is most excited about is Metal Gear Solid 1.
Rampage99

RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:52
You know, I didn' t try a PS1 game in it. Did they leave the PS1 chip in there? I' ll be picking up the MGS collection when I get MGS4 as well. Figure I might as well have them all. I' m excited to play the first one again.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 12:59
There' s no PS1 chip, PS1 games are software emulation.
Joe Redifer

RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 14:24
And if it can play PS1 games, it is technically backwards compatible to some degree. These PS3s have the ability to play PS2 games as well, Sony just left that emulation package out of the system (the most recent PS3s only has PS2 emulation as well). Why they don' t include it is beyond me. maybe Adam can ask Kaz Hirai or whatever the hell his name is. What about it, Adam?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11 Jun 08 6:25:01 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 15:00

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

They also don' t feature memory card slots for PS1/2 cards either

PS3 creates virtual PS1/2 Memory cards, don' t need a slot, dumbass.

PS3 also upscales PS1/2 games, ps1/2 games running on a ps2 look like complete crap on an HDTV, not even playable.

And why are you guys buying the $400 model? Stop being poor?
< Message edited by emofag -- 11 Jun 08 7:05:32 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 15:39

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Joe is CHAD WARDEN!!!! beetchhhes.

Are you 100% sure about ps one games running on the Ps3? As I was sure that all backward compatibility was removed from the European PS3' s.
Joe Redifer

RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 17:04
Of course I' m sure, since I' ve done it and all. And they still look like ass... just like they did when they were brand new.
Change Page: 12345678910 > | Showing page 1 of 10, messages 1 to 20 of 183

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message