Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PGR4 Gameplay Footage
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 05:04
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 08:09
I can' t wait to see what they have done in the past two years with this.. Especially as this is a work in progress.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 09:09
The rain on the cars looks really good, but the rain coming down, and the ground doesn' t look that great. The cars also leave less of a rooster tail than they should at that speed with that much rain, and I would like to see some spray that follows the body lines, and changes when it encounters cars with underbody diffusers and spoilers etc.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 09:48
Even in this early stage, PGR4 graphically kicks the ass of every other racer I' ve seen.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 09:51

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

The rain on the cars looks really good, but the rain coming down, and the ground doesn' t look that great. The cars also leave less of a rooster tail than they should at that speed with that much rain, and I would like to see some spray that follows the body lines, and changes when it encounters cars with underbody diffusers and spoilers etc.

You forgot to add flying lessons with N.A.S.A

I can' t wait to see what the in car view holds in store, it will probably make you
want to stay in there and feel all warm and snuggly.

Yep, this is a graphical beast and so early in development, and I will definitely be picking this up. Definitely.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 09:54
This makes Forza look like a joke.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 10:55

I can' t wait to see what the in car view holds in store, it will probably make you
want to stay in there and feel all warm and snuggly.

lol
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 16:26
Rain falling will always be one of the hardest things to get right due to the way light refracts from the water in real life, I expect them to work on it - just check the quality of these stills I' m excited allready!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PGR4 Gameplay Footage - May 11, 2007 19:40
Those stills sure do look good.

As a side note, lets remember rain is anything but ideal in any form of racing. I could understand it a bit more if it was rally, but its not. I would love to see a game put effort like this into snow for rallying etc.

I' m not trying to rag on PGR4 for doing weather effects so well, but I would hope that it doesn' t take any focus away from the main aspects of the game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll