Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 NIN - The Slip
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
NIN - The Slip - May 08, 2008 04:34
http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

So NIN decided to release their latest album absolutely free, and in a similar fashion to Ghosts its available in a number of formats from simple mp3s to high resolution sound for those with the hardware.

I liked ghosts, and although the new album ' The Slip' is more regularly sized in terms of number of tracks, I like the sound of this on better. Favourite tracks so far - Echoplex and Head Down.

Looks like free music is becoming more common.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: NIN - The Slip - May 08, 2008 04:53
I find this new album very boring. If it wasn' t free I wouldn' t have gotten it... I don' t feel it' s worth the cost of a regular cd. Not a single song on the album sticks out to me. It' s all just dull...
choupolo

RE: NIN - The Slip - May 08, 2008 18:00
I thought bits of a few of the tracks sounded very similar to bits on Year Zero. But yeah only 2 of the tracks sounded new. Nothing has really beaten The Downward Spiral for me though, and With Teeth comes second.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 8 May 08 10:01:18 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: NIN - The Slip - May 09, 2008 02:31

I find this new album very boring

Yeah its true.
And yeah if it wasn' t free i wasn' t buying the CD.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: NIN - The Slip - May 09, 2008 04:39
I fucking LOVE Nine Inch Nails. I have every album and most singles they released on CD, and have bought tons of NIN merchandise over the years.

But 2 albums in 3 months? 3 albums in one year? Think Trent is lowering the quality control on this a bit. Guess every noise he makes from now on is going to end up on the internet. I haven' t heard Ghosts or this yet, but I' ll be buying Ghosts as soon as I can get a physical copy. Guess I' ll hear this at some point or another.

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: NIN - The Slip - May 09, 2008 04:46
Ghosts imo was incredible. I' m not one for instrumental music without vocals but damn, that album hooked me.
Iad umboros

RE: NIN - The Slip - May 09, 2008 05:46
Yeah, I' ve only heard good things about Ghosts. Is it Mogwai style (they totally ripped A Warm Place for one of their albums, but they have said they are huge fans) or is it more electronic like Year Zero?
choupolo

RE: NIN - The Slip - May 10, 2008 03:53
Ghosts is very electronic, very experimental, and very ambient. Takes you places.

Since The Slip is free you might as well, wheher you like it or not. I personally dont think his sound has been diluted much by releasing so many songs in one year. I' ve been listening to it driving to and from work for the last few days.
Iad umboros

RE: NIN - The Slip - May 10, 2008 07:50
I bought ghosts today, not impressed so far. Some of it is good, bbut like The Fragile, there' s a lot of filler in there. The stuff you can tell is NIN is the best, but did we really need 2 discs?

Only half way through the first listen (and I' m still pissed off after watching I am Legend) but if any band were there to alleviate your pissed off feelings it' s NIN, and this doesn' t do it. I guess I need to go smoke something and come back to this one....
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: NIN - The Slip - May 10, 2008 09:20
It' s got a couple tunes I dig, I' m not sure how I feel about the rest of it though. It always takes me a few listens through to figure out if I like an album or not.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll