Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES - Jan 10, 2007 20:12

Peter Moore - VP of Microsoft' s interactive entertainment business, entertainment and devices division and Chris Satchell - general manager of Microsoft' s game development group - launched an unprecedented attack on Sony' s PlayStation 3 business at CES in Las Vegas yesterday.

Speaking exclusively to GamesIndustry.biz, the two senior executives branded the Japanese firm' s online service for the newly-launched console a " disaster" and said the company lacks the talent or the " DNA" to ever deliver a suitable online console service for consumers.

" It' s going to take [Sony] a couple of years to get up to speed on this, and I' m not sure that they necessarily have the talent, or it' s built into who they are as a company," Moore said.

" They' re struggling with some of their hardware issues, and apparently they' re going to deliver another five million in the next 90 days. But this business is about hardware, software and services now. And the consumer expects that."

Moore' s comments came as he explained how much commitment Microsoft has needed to create the currently available Live offering.

" It' s taken a company like Microsoft four solid years to get where we are today - the richness of the experience, the consistency of the experience, constantly updating features and making it feel fresh - and we' re a software company and this is a software plane," he said.

" It is not in Sony' s DNA to be able to get that up and running from zero."

Satchell bore similar sentiments. " If I wanted to make my online service better, and I wanted to give [Sony] a little piece of advice, it would be to copy Xbox Live a little more closely," he said.

" My honest opinion is that it' s pretty much a disaster. They keep saying that they have a free service. Well, if they don' t have anything, of course it' s free. And you know what: what' s free about $600?"

Moore and Satchell were speaking after announcements at CES from Bill Gates on Sunday that Xbox Live will be brought to Windows Vista this summer, and an announcement from Sony on Monday that 1 million PS3s have now shipped in the US.

The full interview with Peter Moore is now on GamesIndustry.biz. The interview with Chris Satchell will follow tomorrow.

Full Peter Moore Interview

What a fucking joke. They' re all acting like children now, ...it' s getting progressively worse. Sony' s staff are assholes and Microsoft' s staff are assholes, ...only Nintendo seem to be able to handle things like professionals.

Perhaps the 2 company' s need to meet for a real-life battle royale or something...
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES - Jan 10, 2007 20:31
Since, the service is only a few months old, What Moore and Satchell said is harsh. Significantly more time is needed before they make such comments.

only Nintendo seem to be able to handle things like professionals.

Yeah, I have to agree with this, but perhaps it' s only because Nintendo don' t see themselves as directly competing with Sony and Microsoft, meaning they don' t feel the need to come out with such childish statements.

Perhaps the 2 company' s need to meet for a real-life battle royale or something.

Not a bad idea. Would be pretty entertaining if you ask me
< Message edited by Calintz -- 10 Jan 07 12:31:58 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES - Jan 10, 2007 20:52

and I' m not sure that they necessarily have the talent, or it' s built into who they are as a company,

we´ll see about that once the VF5 and DMC4 demos are out...

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES - Jan 10, 2007 21:13

ORIGINAL: fernandino

and I' m not sure that they necessarily have the talent, or it' s built into who they are as a company,

Well Moore was talking about the hardware and software created by Sony and not 3rd party titles.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES - Jan 11, 2007 01:59
Yea Peter Moore has always been a dick imo. It was hilarious when that Kikizo interview sparked up worldwide anguish about his views that noone cared about backwards compatibility!

I bought Shenmue 2 and Advent Rising the other day. Only one of them works. :(

I' m pretty certain that a paid service can always be better than a free one in terms of quality. But Moore doesn' t have to be a child about it. Theres no harm in congratulating Sony even on trying to make a good service for free.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 10 Jan 07 18:03:36 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES - Jan 11, 2007 06:15

Who fucking cares? jesus christ DMC sucks, and VF sucks in my opinion, but its coming to the 360 right. Damn, every time someone says ps3 is doing bad right now all you say is " wait till DMC4 and VF5" If you dont have any other reason someone should buy a ps3 you should shut the fuck up
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Moore, Satchell savage ' talentless' Sony at CES - Jan 12, 2007 23:37

Who fucking cares? jesus christ DMC sucks, and VF sucks in my opinion, but its coming to the 360 right. Damn, every time someone says ps3 is doing bad right now all you say is " wait till DMC4 and VF5" If you dont have any other reason someone should buy a ps3 you should shut the fuck up

Shut up Brandon! Its not only DMC4 and VF5, there will probably be a DMC 5 too

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message