Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Joost
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Joost - May 15, 2007 19:10
Its an online tv site thats currently in its beta stage. You sign up for free d/l the package and it pretty much works like a normal set top cable box from there. Right nwo there are only 21 channels but so far the selection is pretty nice. MTV, Adult Swim, Transformers, and very other themed stations. The interface is easy to use, it runs nicely, you can pause skip around. It does run commercials but they hardly interfere at all. But like I said its completly free. Just a DOB, Email, and Username.

So if anyone wants to try it out just PM me and I' ll send out an invite for you to jump in on the beta.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Joost - May 15, 2007 23:05
A Swedish guy invented it. He' s an asshole. Don' t support Joost, BOOOO!
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Joost - May 16, 2007 02:15
Is it in HD?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Joost - May 16, 2007 15:42
I havent looked thru all the channels, but I don tthink theres HD, tho the quality isnt bad fro my 26 in moniter. HD could be possible after the beta and what not. But I think itd run into the same problems we are having with HD as is, which is tranferering the very large amount of data smoothly.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Joost - May 16, 2007 17:12
I started exploring the internet because I was looking for something more interesting than TV. Now they' re trying to turn it into TV. Viva la revolucion!
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Joost - May 16, 2007 17:24
It is all for this supposed corporate-generated panacea where we all have a single box in the corner of the living room that is our TV, PC, games console, videophone, fridge(!) all rolled into one so the family can. Personally I like having separate items; when my wife is watching some rubbish on the main TV, i want to be able to go to my PC or console to do something else.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll