Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Indie and experimental gaming
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Indie and experimental gaming - Apr 14, 2008 00:52
Its always fun when you find a new little internet flash game to waste a few hours, especially ones that look nice and play fluidly, like Flow, and especially when they' re free!

So here are a few that have been making the rounds.

N - Entertaining minimalist physics based platformer, starring a stickman ninja. Aim is to reach the end of the level in time, and collect gold to boost your time limit, but you can also waste time being too greedy. Like Flow this is being ported to consoles but to XBLA this time. It' ll be renamed drasticly to N+ and gain multiplayer modes, but unfortunately lose the user created level sharing. (Must try ' Trilogy III' !)

Crayon Physics - The more advaced version Crayon Physics Deluxe was demoed at the Independent Games Festival this year letting you draw whatever 2D shapes you want and have it react realisticly, but the basic original version is still available free. You' re limited to drawing boxes, but its still simple fun, and will whet your appetite before LittleBigPlanet comes out!

Plus theres a DS version with a bit more to it.

The Graveyard - Not really a game since all you have to do is walk an old biddy to the end of a graveyard and sit down for a few minutes before turning back, but its a nice artpiece if you' re that way inclined. You might turn it off straight away! But it looks nice in a morbid kinda way, plus you get the option to pay to see her die.

Seven Minutes - This is an odd one as well. Nice little oldschool platformer, addictive but utterly pointless. Its a little like Portal in that theres a controlling voice that constantly tells you to quit, which obviously makes you play on. I still dont think I' ve finished this one completely.

If anyone has any more feel free to link them..
< Message edited by choupolo -- 14 Apr 08 0:29:14 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Indie and experimental gaming - Apr 14, 2008 05:22
N+ is awesome. You can still do the user created sharing I think. You can' t just browse a list of levels peoples have made, I think if you join someone' s game who made the level it will automatically download it.
choupolo

RE: Indie and experimental gaming - Apr 14, 2008 06:42
Ah so you can still use your levels online, thats good then. I haven' t tried it on XBLA yet.
locopuyo

RE: Indie and experimental gaming - Apr 14, 2008 08:42
Well I' m assuming you can, I haven' t actually tried it either.
choupolo

RE: Indie and experimental gaming - Apr 14, 2008 08:59
I' m wondering, are there any other games on consoles that let users share their own created content yet? I almost got the feeling before that free user content was almost frowned upon on consoles becuase it devalued the the DLC weapons, tutorials, horse armour etc that big companies were trying to push.
locopuyo

RE: Indie and experimental gaming - Apr 14, 2008 09:05
Chu Chu Rocket, the first online multiplayer console game, let you make your own levels, upload them, and anyone could download them.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll