Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DiRT - Direct Feed Gameplay Screens
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
DiRT - Direct Feed Gameplay Screens - Apr 20, 2007 20:06

I' ve always liked the Colin McRae games and i' ve been fairly impressed by everything i' ve seen of DiRT so far.

I didn' t expect to like MotorStorm half as much as i' ve ended up doing, and while i' d be the first to point out that it has it' s issues, i still consider it to be one of the best launch titles i' ve played on any console.

DiRT brings some welcome changes, that it would seem have been inspired by MotorStorm. Multiple offroad vehicle categories, deformable terrain, more emphasis on physics and actual ingame opponents as opposed to ghost data and split times. Those changes coupled with the usual ability to modify your vehicles performance and Need For Speed/Forza-esque customization options should make for an interesting racing experience.

Graphically it looks gorgeous. Easily on par with MotorStorm, and the track detail looks to be even nicer. I' m a little bothered that the backgrounds appear to go into a fullscreen blur like in PGR3 but it could work and it' s not a major problem.

I' ll definitely be picking it up upon it' s release. It appears to be shaping up quite nicely.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: DiRT - Direct Feed Gameplay Screens - Apr 20, 2007 20:41
Certainly looks good. I' ll need a demo to get a feel of the handling before I pick this one up. It' s about time they got rid of the Mcrae name though!
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: DiRT - Direct Feed Gameplay Screens - Apr 20, 2007 22:10
I reckon it' ll need plenty of blur if it' s only going to be running at 30fps. Dirt look really good but I' m anticipating Forza 2 more.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll