Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii power
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 01:46
Hey guys. Sorry if by now this has been discussed ad nauseum (which it probably has), but I just need someone who understand technical specs to possibly try to explain to me what the Wii is actually capable of; because despite the fact that most launch games look just slightly disapointing, Gamecube managed Resident Evil 4, and the Wii should at least be capable of that.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 02:32
I wouldnt worrie atall.

You shouldnt really care about power, all you need to konw is Nintendo make great looking games with whatever power they have..

Only a few hours ago i watched some decent resolution ZELDA videos and the animation is gorgeous, the way link moves i have not seen this shit on most next gen games never mind old spec ones.

The way link moves and the animation when he maneuvers his horse, makes So-called next gen games like Oblivian look ' stiff' and unpolished.

Also the direct feed out of the Wii is high in contrast, so if your used to say the 360 and put Wii on after u' ll notice the brightness and contrast ' blast' out our screen.

Nintendo make things Dreamy-smooth and soo bright and Vibrant it' ll almost blind you.

I prefer that over ultra hi-res textures dont do shit if the game runs at sub-30fps with a dull color pallette and sub-standard artwork.

Give me nintendo graphics on Wii anyday.

Nintendo feels its important to get a new control out there and its coming on really good.

I think most game press who have review builds of ZElda / Wii, claim they couldnt even think about playing the game again on a normal Gamecube pad after geting used to the Wiimote

. This is a BIG achievement for Nintendo..

If all things go to plan and they implement this new control into gaming.. It' ll be the Next generation when Nintendo unleashes its next, next gen Gaming machine under its VISION project.

Thats right, a project (that they are working on now) to blow away gamers and developers with new intereactive Visuals never seen before that will be soo different to anything else before but can be created with very little time and costs..

Watch this space.. i said it first

Nintendo fans i wouldnt worrie atall.

***goes and watches another SSM wii trailer ***

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 02:32
Its hard to say at this point I' m expecting it to be almost twice the performance as GameCube. I' d rather let the games speak fo themselves though. The biggest difference about Wii is more ram and more disc space then GameCube.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 03:03
I' m a big fan of Nintendo but I really, really, really want to know how much it costs them to produce a Wii unit. How much money are those bastards making on us?
If a unit costs like a Gamecube to produce but they sell it for almost the same price as a 360 Core then they' re just mean.
Even the money-thirsty Microsoft and Sony might be giving us better deals it seems.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 03:16
wii as the same power as the xbox 1 more or less, but I say the productiuon costs arent that low as they are using quite small components, the wii is a small console.
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 03:52
Ginjirou if i remember well Nintendo is having a profit of 15$ from the Wii so one would suppose that the cost of the Wii (with the game and everything else in-box) is 235$ (250-15=235 Obvious isn' t it :P:P)

I will try to find the link so you can read for yourself
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 04:02
Nintendo is making 12$ on each unit sold from where I get my sources. Too bad I don' t remember my sources.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 04:23
So if they sell 4 million units then they' ll make quite a lot of money.
Plus the money they' ll make on software, which I assume will be a lot.
Developing the Wii-mote technology couldn' t have cost very much right? I mean, the technology was already there, Nintendo just had to shape it into a controller.
It' s different with, let' s say the Cell Processor, which cost Sony loads of money.
And if you think about the money Nintendo will make on Virtual Console Games that basically cost nothing for them to make then you begin to see that the Wii is pretty good bussiness.
Papado

RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 04:35
I wish they would do something for the virtual console to at least try to justify the 5-15 dollar average pricetag; for example it would be nice to see some new sprites or animations for Snes games. Maybe they could even try to remake Golden Eye or Perfect Dark; I know I would pay around 30$ for that.
Papado

RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 04:45
BTW complete non-sequitur, but I just have to mention this: the good people at IGN would not know how to encode video if they were born with the fucking knowlege to do so; it' s just a shame everyone chooses to give them the best exclusive videos.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 06:03
So for every million they sell, they make 15,000,000? Thats more than i expected
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 06:14
as opposed to sony that will lose 300,000,000 for every million ps3 sold
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii power - Nov 13, 2006 06:19
Papado - Nintendo has already stated they are not competing in the HD arena with sony or microsoft so please don' t expect HD graphics from Wii, your only setting yourself up for dissapointment. What Nintendo is doing is offering a cheaper alternative to HD gaming plus full 3D motion sensing and pointing funcitionality.

microsoft are offering HD gaming and top end online
sony offers HD gaming plus multimedia (bluray etc)
Nintendo offers new and unique ways to play games at an affordable price

If you base your purchases accordingly you will not be dissapointed.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll