Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Feb 04, 2006 07:16
>>LINK<<
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 4 Feb 06 17:34:08 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 07:40
" I’ve also talked with people on the technical side of the Xbox 360. The consistent comment I am hearing from people on my end is, ' The Xbox 360 is better' ," Robinson wrote.

" They are saying that it is capable of just doing more."

I would have fired him too.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 07:56
I would have promoted him...

To head Janitor.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 3 Feb 06 23:56:41 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 08:04
Something tells me this employ who got 5 jobs that he doesnt wanna talk about is proof that he wanted to leave,and all people who gonna leave are always turning into a pain in the ass to their old company.
They like the feeling of;-wtf are you gonna do? fire me,im gonna quit so plz throw me out then,hahaha...

well anyway,ed fries who left ms and started to co-work with sony as shown in kikzo interview,showed a man with class,he just said MS did not take the choice and went the way he wanted with the 360.
Instead of trashtalking.

< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 4 Feb 06 9:40:25 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 09:29
What?
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 17:41
This person who got fired,apparently got 5 jobs already up for him,which he doesnt wanna talk about.
Something is very fishy here,and we have just heard his side of the story, i say its a good thing Sony fired him,i would probably have done the same.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 20:02
Bah! Who cares about that guy anyway. As long as it doesn' t affect development everything is fine. Or did he have some key role or something?
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 20:05
Apparently not,since he had no clue what was happening in the company.
And trashtalked sony.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 04, 2006 23:06

Bah! Who cares about that guy anyway. As long as it doesn' t affect development everything is fine. Or did he have some key role or something?

Well you should care - since the man close to PS3 development says not so nice things about it.

Nitro

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 01:18
He was an artist, created ingame assets is all. But his comments about PS3' s performance were based on what people directly involved with the hardware had told him.

You never know what to think with stuff like this. For all we know it was Microsoft sponsored. I know he got offered 5 jobs within a week of being fired but does anyone know where he ended up?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 01:42

I know he got offered 5 jobs within a week of being fired but does anyone know where he ended up?

Probably wound up in Microsoft' s PR Department (I kid!)
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 04:50
I like how everyone just dismisses what he said about the PS3. I' m not going to say what he said was true but I' m not going to say he said it just to get fired. He could have quit if he wanted to. Getting fired isn' t something you want to tell your future employers. I' m leaning towards believing what he said is the triuth but I guess we' ll find out when the system launches.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 05:02
Ofcourse depending on when the system launches ;) We might hear the trouble before launch.

The silence of the big mighty sony, doesnt bode well!
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 05:24
Rampage i think you' re wrong there,a lot of people who gonna quit become a pain in the ass to their company.
They like to play around and be assholes,its not something new...
Nitro

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 06:19
You' re quitting soon?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 07:06
If you are a pain in the ass before you quit other companies won' t hire you.
OptaviusX

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 07:23
When a game is in development artists are key.. they are needed in all types of game development they may not be the ones coding for the game etc, but they draw most of the things that will be in the game and usually characters, level designs the works.

So they are very hands on in terms of the game development because they need to see the outcome of things always. For example take akira toriyama' s role in the successful dragon quest or toriyama' s role in the upcoming blue dragon for the 360 or this other artist' s role in lost odyssey for the xbox360.

Artists are just as important in game' s like kingdom hearts, metal gear solid and many others. When a game is being made a single developer wont have the expertise to handle every aspect of the game being created he' ll need help whether it be from a music composer, an engine programmer, the all important artist which also plays a major role in the graphics design for the game. Keep in mind in regards to an artist he isn' t merely drawing with a pencil and paper he is on a computer designing the content that will ultimately end up in the game such as environments landscapes, character costumes, weapons, the works. So when you really look at it he' s more than just a bit qualified to make the comments he did about the console he was designing for.

An engine coder yea he knows something, but his word can' t always be taken as the law as his job is coding the engine whether his role isn' t as present as the artist. When we get into a game we aren' t seeing the coding we are seeing the graphics the art design its overall presentation (which is inspired by the artist) If the artists feel a wind blowing in this particular area would help the look and feel of the game the producer or coders make it happen.

In short the true value of a talented artist goes without question and if many cases they are just as qualified to critic a game as anyone else is. Toriyama has been known for getting into heated discussions with developers in games where he has been involved as an artist to make sure the art style is totally realized.
< Message edited by OptaviusX -- 4 Feb 06 23:25:40 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 07:42
Akira Created Dragonballz and did the art for Chrono trigger also.
And yes,people like him is as importent as nobuo is for FF serie.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 08:34

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Rampage i think you' re wrong there,a lot of people who gonna quit become a pain in the ass to their company.
They like to play around and be assholes,its not something new...

Like locopuyo said, people don' t like it when you are a dick right before quitting. And he didn' t quit, he got fired which is much worse.
Nitro

RE: Sony employee fired for comparing PS3 to Xbox 360 - Gamesindustry.biz - Feb 05, 2006 08:46
It was Microsoft sponsored, end of story.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message