Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 04:47
LINK

Take-Two Interactive announced today that BioShock 2 was officially in the works, under the development wing of the recently formed 2K Marin. The sequel to the Xbox 360 and PC shooter is planned for a fourth-quarter fiscal 2009 release date. Take-Two' s fiscal year matches the calendar year, so expect it to hit unspecified platforms before the ' 09 holidays.

Take-Two also noted that the original BioShock has 2 million unit sales under its belt since its August ' 07 release.

My guess is between March and August ' 09.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 07:34
Now everybody, say it with me, don' t be shy:

Rushed Sequels ftl.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 09:00

Rushed Sequels ftl.

Because... 24 months in between titles clearly isn' t enough time to turn out a respectable game.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 10:44

Now everybody, say it with me, don' t be shy:

Rushed Sequels ftl.

I wouldn' t call that rushed. Compared to the first game it is, but they also switched engines entirely with Bioshock, and had yet to work on the 360.

Because... 24 months in between titles clearly isn' t enough time to turn out a respectable game.

Respectable sure, very good, most likely. But great? maybe not. If 2k boston was handling it, I think they could make a great game in 2 years, but with a new team handling it, I don' t think they will push to expand the game and deepen the story, and RPG elements like many would hope.

Either way, I will buy the game the day it comes out, I loved the first, and even if the second was essentially an expansion to the first, I would still buy it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 12:00
I agree wholeheartedly. I' d buy a large full priced expansion pack in an instant.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 13:28
I wish I didn' t buy the first one.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 16:43
why was that? Sure as a FPS alone it didn' t stand up, but as taken as a whole package it was a great immersive experience.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 16:48

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Rushed Sequels ftl.

Ok, i didn' t read the post completely, it' s way to big for meh.

Anyhoo, you know the chances of Bioshock going the way of Call of Duty (namely 3 and hipothecly 5) is high.

My guess is that the only thing respectable about this one is that there is the word " Bioshock" in it' s name...

Then again, i hope i' m just being pessimistic and they prove me wrong. I really do.
< Message edited by killemoff -- 12 Mar 08 8:49:07 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 18:59

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

why was that? Sure as a FPS alone it didn' t stand up, but as taken as a whole package it was a great immersive experience.

I guess it' s because Bioshock raised the bar for story-telling in a video game so high, that he is simply depressed that any other game he played afterwards simply didnt live up to Bioshock.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 12, 2008 23:55
This is awesome news!!!!!!

The first was a masterpiece IMHO, even with the ending the way it was. The sound, art direction, and story alone made this game the best of 2007.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see where Bioshock 2 will take us.
locopuyo

RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 13, 2008 07:12
The controls for PC are the worst ever for any game I' ve ever played. I' m not talking about which buttons you have to press, I' m talking about the way it controls. The story was good I guess, way overrated though. The gameplay was kinda shitty. You can do a lot of cool things but the combat isn' t skillfull.

The game was a chore to play. It wasn' t fun at all.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 13, 2008 07:52
Bioshock 2 isn' t even being done by 2K Boston & 2K Australia (formerly Irrational Games). The only real thing 2K Marin has going for it is that Ken Levine is overseeing it.

There was plenty about Bioshock that could have been improved, but it was still an amazing game. Bioshock was a self contained standalone game. No sequel or even prequel is needed. Bioshock 2 just smells of shameless cashing in. By all means they should have another go at it, but maybe just start fresh with a different ' shock' concept.
locopuyo

RE: Bioshock 2 Formally Announced for Q4 ' 09 - Mar 13, 2008 10:14
It was too much RPG and not enough game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll