Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Zelda the Movie
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Zelda the Movie - Apr 03, 2008 06:45
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 03, 2008 06:46

Real of fake?

Check under gaming related Aprils fools ;)
Agent Ghost

RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 03, 2008 06:49
Fuck me, you had it in another thread.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 03, 2008 08:50
God, if there ever is a Zelda movie, PLEASE let D.J. Quall play the character of LINK!
DieHounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 59
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 03, 2008 09:04
This' ll never work. Recall the last movie made based on a video game with a silent protagonist. It was Super Mario Brothers with Bob Hoskins, among the worst movie adaptations of a game ever.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 03, 2008 09:06

This' ll never work. Recall the last movie made based on a video game with a silent protagonist. It was Super Mario Brothers with Bob Hoskins, among the worst movie adaptations of a game ever.
They could do the movie if Link spoke. In all fairness, the Super Mario Bros. movie was doomed anyway.
DieHounderdoggen

RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 03, 2008 09:21

They could do the movie if Link spoke.

They already tried it.
Face it, not everything needs a movie. And while I' m here, not every movie needs a sequel.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 04, 2008 05:31

They already tried it.
Face it, not everything needs a movie. And while I' m here, not every movie needs a sequel.

I still think they could pull off a non-animated Zelda movie if they put enough effort into it.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 04, 2008 05:49

ORIGINAL: DieHounderdoggen

They could do the movie if Link spoke.

They already tried it.

That' s not a movie dumbass its a cutscene from a game.

As far Zelda, it lends itself more towards anime movie or CGI movie rather than a movie with real life actors.

Obviously that cut scene was not done by a professional animation studio, it' s so obvious how amateurish it is.

They did a great job with the Final Fantasy 7 movies, which is pretty much the best and only good videogame movie ever made. I think a similiar style could work for alot of games, including zelda, so a zelda cgi movie could be amazing.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 04, 2008 06:06
Movies with silent protagonist can work. They are just extremely hard to make.

3-Iron is a perfect example of a movie where neither of the two protagonists speak, and yet the movie is as deep and engrossing as any well-written drama with lots of dialogue.
Agent Ghost

RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 04, 2008 06:42
I loved the mario movie. It had some points of genius and the aspects that sucked were so bad that they were also entertaining.

http://www.destructoid.com/why-the-super-mario-movie-is-an-underappreciated-masterpiece-29694.phtml

How else would you make a movie about two Italian plumbers that save a princess from a lizard dictator?
DieHounderdoggen

RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 04, 2008 06:53

I loved the mario movie. It had some points of genius and the aspects that sucked were so bad that they were also entertaining.

So that puts it in the same league as ' Eraserhead' , The Star Wars prequels and ' Un Chien Andalou' . I think I' ll pass.

3-Iron is a perfect example of a movie where neither of the two protagonists speak, and yet the movie is as deep and engrossing as any well-written drama with lots of dialogue.

When and where was this made, and can I find it on DVD?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Zelda the Movie - Apr 04, 2008 07:27

When and where was this made, and can I find it on DVD?

It was made by Kim Ki-duk, one of the most renown Korean cinematographers. It was made in Korea in 2004

You can find the DVD Here

You can read a little bit more about it Here
< Message edited by chimura -- 4 Apr 08 0:06:41 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message