Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gamestop has full stock of PS3s
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 05:12
They' re not even hiding behind the " limited supply" banner anymore. EB Gamestop has a full stock of PS3s.

No, not news per-se, but when retailers are admitting that they can' t get rid of the things...

I smell a $50 price drop.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 06:06
When I was searching for my PS2 every single store was begging me to buy a PS3. They' ve had them readily in stock since early January for the most part. The PS3 has really flopped hard.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 7 Feb 07 2:04:24 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 07:51
I dont think it' s cos noone wants one though. It' s just because noone can afford one. I' d buy one come March in the UK if it was about £100 cheaper.

HD movies just aren' t worth that much more to me at the moment.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 07:57

When I was searching for my PS2 every single store was beginning me to buy a PS3. They' ve had them readily in stock since early January for the most part. The PS3 has really flopped hard.
I' m tellin' ya man, just pick one up used. Used ps2s from Gamestop have better/longer warrantees than the brand new ones from Sony. Not to mention, it' ll only have to function for 1-2 years (at the most) untill PS3 gets out of the " Holy F****** Crap!" range.

Changing the topic a little bit here, but since the bombing sales have already been discussed.

What are your thoughts on a PS3 price drop? Will it happen? When? And by how much?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 08:51
At my local walmart, they got tired of the ps3s taking up space so they put the guitar hero guitars up there
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 09:47

At my local walmart, they got tired of the ps3s taking up space so they put the guitar hero guitars up there

Fairlawn or P-ville?

Hopefully more people will give Guitar Hero a try now, its not my " cup of tea" , as you brits would say, but its a good game.
Rampage99

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 10:06

I' m tellin' ya man, just pick one up used. Used ps2s from Gamestop have better/longer warrantees than the brand new ones from Sony.

I already picked up a new PS2. I' m loving FFXII and God of War.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 10:12
Until people post quantifiable evidence of the Xbox 360' s sales in its first 3 months in North America and Japan, and then compare them to the Playstation 3' s sales in its 3 months in North America and Japan, then all this hearsay and speculation means nothing.

If anyone can find this figures (I cant), and the prove something than by all means I will be interested in threads like this, until then however, its sort of pointless.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 11:53
The difference was that there was a shortage of xbox 360s during the first 3-4 months ...
Dagashi

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 07, 2007 13:51

The difference was that there was a shortage of xbox 360s during the first 3-4 months ...

See, the problem with that is that there are so many variables. First off, how many Xbox360' s were being produced? Maybe more ps3' s have been produced, and therefore for the same demand, there would be more in stock. Second, what is to say there was a shortage for that long? In Canada they were stocked at nearly every store 2 months after release, and were pretty easy to find just 1 month afterwards. In contrast, I have yet to see any ps3' s or wii' s stocked, anywhere, even after frequent trips to the local best buy/future shop(I live 3minutes away).
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 03:40

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I already picked up a new PS2. I' m loving FFXII and God of War.

Pick up Okami, too! Lot' s of good gaming there.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 04:22
What did this have to do with 360, Avarice? No one compared it, so quit wetting your panties and jumping to Sony' s defense.
Dagashi

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 05:11

What did this have to do with 360, Avarice? No one compared it, so quit wetting your panties and jumping to Sony' s defense.

People keep making posts like this in many forums, about how they don' t sell, and how its flopping. Also, in many of the same posts people compare it to the X360.

So tell me this, if a thing is to be deemed unsuccesful or that it is " flopping" then it must be compared to something that is its closest equivalent or rival, otherwise, what is to say anything is unsuccessful if there is nothing to compare it to.

So when Rampage99 says " The PS3 has really flopped hard." he must be comparing it to something. He can' t be comparing it to the wii, because that is a very different kind of system, and isn' t the ps3' s direct competition the way the Xbox360 is.

So Immortal, take a chill pill, if you read my post, all I ask is for quantifiable sales numbers. If we are to deem the ps3 unsuccessful then we must have results to back it up. As I said in my posts, there are so many variables, that you cannot truly prove anything because something is in stock or it isn' t.

I will be the first to admit the ps3 isn' t doing very well if you get the numbers to prove it. Until then, I' m not gonna make judgement by random speculation and hearsay on boards.
Rampage99

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 05:50
Here' s a way to put it simply... the consoles just aren' t selling. Stores aren' t taking anymore orders because they can' t rid of them. This has not happened during a major console launch since the Saturn. Demand for the PS3 is not high and there are numerous reasons for it. What it comes down to is that this early in a consoles life span whether it shipped 500,000 consoles or 3,000,000 consoles it should have a high enough demand to move consoles of store shelves at an aggressively fast pace. That' s not happening.

The disaster that took place on Ebay emphasizes this. I mean hell, Wii' s are still selling for high prices on Ebay. The PS3s prices tanked after a week of being out. To loose demand that quickly is just insane! My friends that got PS3s couldn' t even sell them at regular price on Ebay two weeks after launch. That' s pathetic.

I honestly don' t expect PS3 sales to increase until this winter when some strong (exclusive) titles are actually released for it. Until then there is no reason to spend money on one and that' s the perception most people have. Sadly this holiday season might not be that great for the console either simply because of how more and more Sony exclusives are going multi-platform. If MGS4 goes to the 360 that would be devastating for the PS3. The final big big big title Sony would fall back on is the FF series and that its getting pushed into next year.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 09:21

Until people post quantifiable evidence of the Xbox 360' s sales in its first 3 months in North America and Japan, and then compare them to the Playstation 3' s sales in its 3 months in North America and Japan, then all this hearsay and speculation means nothing.

And yes, there is a difference between the 360' s first 3 months and the ps3' s first 3 months. The 360 had a shortage and every shipment a store got everyone bought them all; The ps3 is a piece of shit and nobody wants it. Yes i said something about your " teh greatzorz" sony
Dagashi

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 11:41

And yes, there is a difference between the 360' s first 3 months and the ps3' s first 3 months. The 360 had a shortage and every shipment a store got everyone bought them all; The ps3 is a piece of shit and nobody wants it. Yes i said something about your " teh greatzorz" sony

I' m not saying they are great. Please, you and immortal need to just read my bloody post. I say in it " I will be the first to admit the ps3 isn' t doing very well if you get the numbers to prove it. Until then, I' m not gonna make judgement by random speculation and hearsay on boards." .

But you neglect to read that, or just don' t care, and try and flame me. You are wrong about the 360, at least where I live. It was easy to find 2 months after release, and there was a shortage for a small period of time, and I live in one of the biggest cities in Canada. So, if I was to use your logic, and decide a console is doing good or bad because of its stock in stores, then the ps3 would be doing better than the xbox, because none of the stores here have any, but they did have plenty of Xbox' s 3 months after release. However, I' m not stupid, and I know this could be attributable to any number of factors.

Get me the numbers, otherwise, you have no proof of anything.

edit to fix grammar
< Message edited by Avarice -- 8 Feb 07 3:44:03 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 12:36
PS3 vs 360 : http://www.vgcharts.org/aconscomps.php?name1=PS3&name2=X360&type=0&align=0

Wii vs 360 : http://www.vgcharts.org/aconscomps.php?name1=Wii&name2=X360&type=0&align=0

Wii vs PS3 : http://www.vgcharts.org/aconscomps.php?name1=Wii&name2=PS3&type=0&align=0

This is for North America only. But it looks like the PS3 is actually off to a better start. The 360 started to sell a lot after a year.
< Message edited by ys -- 8 Feb 07 4:44:36 >
Dagashi

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 12:44
Thank you very much for posting the statistics.
Rampage99

RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 18:35
Those statistics are how many have shipped. Shipped vs. sold is a big difference. Like people said, the PS3 is still sitting on store shelves while the 360s were sold out. Most people in the states couldn' t get a 360 until March when they were were truly readily availible. On top of that the 360 had more of a global launch than the PS3 did. 360s were alredy being sold in Japan and Europe by December. MS had to deal with shipping to Europe which which obviously made it harder to supply the US. The PS3 has yet to launch in Europe.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 8 Feb 07 12:48:22 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Gamestop has full stock of PS3s - Feb 08, 2007 21:59
Where does it say that those statistics are how many have shipped? I' m just curious. I assumed that it was units sold. This was something that I thought of a while ago. When Nintendo and Microsoft talked about their consoles they revealed the number of consoles sold. Then Sony came and talked about how good things went and how many they had shipped :P

Anyway, I' m not saying the PS3 is selling well. On the contrary actually. I' m not even interested at all in the PS3 so it' s not like I' m trying to defend or anything. I just thought I would post some numbers ;)
< Message edited by ys -- 8 Feb 07 14:00:02 >
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread