Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii graphics too garbage for TV
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 65
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 19, 2008 03:04
So Says EA

"An Electronic Arts commercial for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 has been banned in the U.K. in its current form for using Xbox 360 footage to promote the Wii version of the game. In the ad, Tiger is seen swinging a Wiimote, and the whole ad is overset with the Wii logo, but the graphics are Xbox. In its defense, EA said the Wii footage was not "of broadcast quality." Aside from a few nice Xbox shadows, the difference isn't that dramatic in the comparison above (larger version of the image here); it's certainly not as drastic as this tongue-in-cheek depiction. Even if it were, EA's solution is baffling. C'mon guys, video-game ads have been getting around showing real gameplay through good old-fashioned creativity since the Atari. You intercut small amounts of game footage into bigger amounts of non-game footage to create an amusing movie, an elaborate musical theater production, or even a full-length trailer in beautiful HD animation. Stealing another man's graphics? That's like claiming Tiger Woods can walk on water or something. It's just plain sacrilegious. Via Offworld."

This made me lol.

Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 19, 2008 10:28
Heh, can't imagine Reggie's too pleased...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 19, 2008 10:42
Can you blame them for trying?  When you spend millions for an ad campaign you don't want it to look like Wii game.
immortaldanmx

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 19, 2008 17:01
Agent Ghost

Can you blame them for trying?  When you spend millions for an ad campaign you don't want it to look like Wii game.

Its not like ANY version of the game looks impressive anyway.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 19, 2008 17:36
...It's digital golf...

...who gives a fuck?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 03:34

...It's golf...

...who gives a fuck?

Fixed.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 04:16
immortaldanmx

Agent Ghost

Its not like ANY version of the game looks impressive anyway.

I'd have to agree there. None of the versions look great.

I don't really care though. EA can do whatever they want. The only thing I find ridiculous about this whole thing is that they use footage that ain't even all that superior to that of the Wii. Another funny part is that there ain't even any reason to do something like this. The game will sell on the Wii anyways no matter what footage they use in their adds.

All in all it's just stupid and serves no point. It'll sell, EA will happily smiling at the money the Wii version is bringing in. Some idiots will say EA is evil again for a while etc. etc.

Point being does anyone actually give a damn what footage they use for a boring golf game?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 04:18

...It's golf...

...who gives a fuck?

Fixed.

Hey now. I rather like miniature golf.  It's the holding it in the esteem and regard of a professional sport that gets to me.

Edit: For some actually constructive commentary, this isn't anything new to the business. Activision's been sued at least once for misrepresentation, most notably when they launched Call of Duty 2. The whole thing's bunk to be honest. If you believe everything you see in advertisements, perhaps you deserve to be grossly misinformed.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Dec 20, 2008 04:21>
immortaldanmx

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 04:25
mastachefbkw

...It's golf...

...who gives a fuck?

Fixed.

Golf is like the American Presidency. No one cared until a black guy did it.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 04:42
If golf is considered a sport pro gaming should too.
immortaldanmx

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 04:54
locopuyo

If golf is considered a sport pro gaming should too.

Golf and Gaming could both be a sport. They have set rules with clear ways of determining a winner. I hate "sports" that are subjective, like synchronized swimming, figure skating, diving, and freestyle gymnastics.
Agent Ghost

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 05:40
If you don't have to be a physical athlete then it's not a sport.

shooting
Darts
Golf
Bowling
Curling
Pool

These are not sports, they're games like videogames.  The problem is that people do not like the word game.  There's nothing wrong with adults playing games. 

There's something seriously fucked with the mentality that adults should never have fun.   
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 15:04
Hey Golf can be a good way to get excercise for the not so spritely among us!!!!Tiger 09 sucked full stop, it was the buggiest piece of crap ever produced
Agent Ghost

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 20, 2008 20:00
Golf is great exercise if you're a crippled old man.  Professional players don't even carry their own clubs.  Most golfers are fat and old.  Golf is heavily skill based.

Not saying i don't enjoy the game.  I've been golfing a few times.  My town has like four golf courses. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Dec 20, 2008 20:02>
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 22, 2008 16:57
immortaldanmx

So Says EA

"An Electronic Arts commercial for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 has been banned in the U.K. in its current form for using Xbox 360 footage to promote the Wii version of the game. In the ad, Tiger is seen swinging a Wiimote, and the whole ad is overset with the Wii logo, but the graphics are Xbox. In its defense, EA said the Wii footage was not "of broadcast quality." Aside from a few nice Xbox shadows, the difference isn't that dramatic in the comparison above (larger version of the image here); it's certainly not as drastic as this tongue-in-cheek depiction. Even if it were, EA's solution is baffling. C'mon guys, video-game ads have been getting around showing real gameplay through good old-fashioned creativity since the Atari. You intercut small amounts of game footage into bigger amounts of non-game footage to create an amusing movie, an elaborate musical theater production, or even a full-length trailer in beautiful HD animation. Stealing another man's graphics? That's like claiming Tiger Woods can walk on water or something. It's just plain sacrilegious. Via Offworld."

This made me lol.

That's a dick move on EA's part

Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 22, 2008 18:18
It's straightforward really. If you want a game that looks good, don't get the Wii version.

People are riding on EA for trying to promote their product? Shit. If they wanted to sell me PGA anything (which would be no small miracle), I want an advertisement with raptors flying F-15s in space, fighting extra-terrestrials. That would be a solid golf game.
immortaldanmx

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 22, 2008 19:16
the_shadowwolf

immortaldanmx

So Says EA

This made me lol.

That's a dick move on EA's part

No, thats a quote of the month on EA's part. Everyone has learned to live with the fact that the Wii is a toy with only a few real games that are buried under shovelware like WiiFit, WiiMusic, and licensed games. Now EA is just saying what no other dev has had the balls to say.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 22, 2008 23:24

If they wanted to sell me PGA anything (which would be no small miracle), I want an advertisement with raptors flying F-15s in space, fighting extra-terrestrials
So you want a game with a pretty cool guy, owh kills  teh aleanz and dusnt afraid of anything?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 23, 2008 21:27
Absolutely.

You don't?
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Dec 24, 2008 05:03
Agent Ghost

If you don't have to be a physical athlete then it's not a sport.

shooting
Darts
Golf
Bowling
Curling
Pool

These are not sports, they're games like videogames.  The problem is that people do not like the word game.  There's nothing wrong with adults playing games. 

There's something seriously fucked with the mentality that adults should never have fun.   

Golfers do work out, they just don't do any cardio.  Football players, basketball players, etc. have to run, it's part of the game, running = fat loss, thus making your muscles visible, if they didn't run they would just be fat fucks with muscles hidden under their blubber, like golfers are.

<message edited by emofag on Dec 24, 2008 05:06>
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 65

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread