Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Updated: Like The Stargate TV Series?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Updated: Like The Stargate TV Series? - Nov 23, 2004 17:51
Yes, my friends...Stargate is coming to the home console!!!

By the way, I do not mean that Sega Genesis atrocity no as Stargate (based upon the movie).

Read on, and feel free to discuss your feelings on this subject...

STARGATE OPENS PORTAL TO NEW UNIVERSE

SG-1 team prepare to step onto new platforms

11:57 Stargate SG-1 has filled many a long sci-fi void on a dull Sunday afternoon. The TV follow-up to the classic 1994 movie took a groovy idea - semi-magic Egyptian portals which transport you instantaneously across the universe - and ran with it.
The result? A more than passable way to while away an hour as the SG-1 team grappled with being sucked across time and space, various moral dilemmas (well it is a US show), and a whole universe of weird aliens.

Almost perfect material of course for a game and in one of those ' why didn' t we think of that before?' moments, publisher Jowood has teamed up with MGM interactive and Australian developer Perception to produce a game of the series, in the form of Stargate SG-1: The Alliance.

Few details have emerged, other than it will appear on PC and all major console platforms and will feature: " a spectacular interactive game experience that puts players in the action packed universe of the hit Stargate SG-1 television series."

Hm, that' s okay then, but SG-1: The Alliance is also set release in the Autumn of next year, and taking a wild stab in the dark, we' d predict there might be some kind of alliance with someone or possibly something in there somewhere.

The official site might know more but it' s not telling much - other than there' ll be further info and an update next month.

John Houlihan
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 11/27/2004 7:20:17 PM >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Like The Stargate TV Series? Then You Just May Love It As A Game...I Know I Will!!! - Nov 23, 2004 22:46
Yeah! I think this is long overdue.
DaRoosh65

RE: Like The Stargate TV Series? Then You Just May Love It As A Game...I Know I Will!!! - Nov 24, 2004 18:05
I just wish they had not waited this long...

However, with the current gaming technology, they could literally make the core game and release unlimited campaign disks to expand the gaming experience.

Just the thought of playing this game sends shivers down my spine...bbbrrrrrrrrr!!!

DaRoosh65

RE: Like The Stargate TV Series? Then You Just May Love It As A Game...I Know I Will!!! - Nov 26, 2004 19:10
Here' s some pics...thanks to GameSpy.

Click here.

Happy viewing...

Here' s the main website...you will need the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player to view it.

Click here.

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 11/26/2004 7:18:00 PM >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: UPDATED: Like The Stargate TV Series? Then You Just May Love It As A Game...I Know I - Nov 26, 2004 23:52
Those pics looked awesome. I hope the game turns out the same.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll