Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ever been to Japan? I will have.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 17, 2006 23:50
I' ve been rather busy with work, school and life as of late and am therefore very excited about going to Japan, which I will in 24 days after I made this post.
I’ll be going with my closest friend as well as my brother, and the three of us will simply travel round in Japan, staying in towns for as long as we want, and when we get bored of/if we get bored we will move on to the next town. And so we will continue for a month, before flying back home.

That is why I ask if anyone here at Kikizo has been to Japan and have any recommendations on what to do/see or have any warnings/heads up on what to stay away from, or simply have anything else to say about the matter. You don’t even have to have been there, if you know something fun/interesting there is there, please tell me.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 18, 2006 02:31
you mean " I Will Be" not ' have' .

Anyway, perosnally i have never been to japan but my brother is, He loves it over there, if you bum,b into him tell him I said hi. I am sure you there has been a good many gone to Jap to tell you all about it.

I hope you enjoy your Trip!
Dionysius

RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 18, 2006 03:05
Yeah, I just wanted to play with the words a bit on the title, saying that soon I can say that I have been to Japan (unfunny, I know).

So your brother' s in Japan? I will let him know you said " Hi" . Glad to see likes it there, as one of the things I' m scared of is paying all this cash and might end up being dissapointed...

Oh well. A trip is what you make it, and I intend to make it a good one. Just like your brother.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 18, 2006 04:39
Japan kicks major ass! Is there a specific reason you' re going or is it just a vacation?!
Dionysius

RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 19, 2006 02:37
One reason is that I’ve got a lot going on right now, with jobs (yeah, jobS), school and life, and I need a break from them all. Therefore a trip.
The other reason would be that all three of us (me, my brother and my friend) have dreamt of going to Japan for many, many years now. And now we have the money and are mature enough (maybe) to do it. Therefore the destination Japan.
I am actually rather scared of going, as this probably is the biggest dream of mine and I’m uncertain on what I’ll feel like when I’ve fulfilled it… Oh, well. I guess I still have the dream of being the first human ever to open an arcade on the moon.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 24, 2006 03:09
Tip 1- Bring lots of cash (if possible). For some reason, credit cards aren' t accepted at all establishments, so don' t count on them.
Tip 2- Make sure you have a financial buffer, their currncy is much more infalted than our' s Ex. $2.50 U.S. for an orange isn' t uncommon.
Tip 3- Unlike America (Detroit specifically) you can trust the police.
Tip 4- Keep your giant monster/robot repellant handy.
Good luck.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 24, 2006 03:24
Yeah...

But I was in the Navy at the time, so unless you' re looking for booze and/or women, don' t ask my advice.

I remember almost passing out one night in Roppongi outside Gas Panic....<shudder>

Stay away from there. It' s just full of tourists anyway.

Honestly i wonder sometimes how i managed to survive my own stupidity.

Dionysius

RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 24, 2006 17:08
Cash... Check!
Orange... Check!
Police... Check! (though I' m not American)
Robot monster... Check!

But I was in the Navy at the time, so unless you' re looking for booze and/or women, don' t ask my advice.

Women and boose make up 50% of the trips purpose. We have both here in Sweden to, but I want to taste the Asian culture.

The other 50% would be split even between: eating sushi, sightseeing, seeking out Yu Suzuki' s and bring him home as a souvenier, eating takoyaki.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 25, 2006 05:03
Could you do me a favor while you' re over there? Run Ken Kutaragi over with a bus for me. I' ve been meaning to do it ever since he announced that whole $600 US thing at E3, but I never really got around to it.
Dionysius

RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 25, 2006 05:32
Run Kutaragi over with bus - Che... Hey!! No way!! [:' (] His Samurai/Ninja/Yakuza/Robots will split the bus in 3 before I even get anywhere close. And even if I do manage to run him over and escape those monster machines long enough for their battery to deplete (24 hours I heard) I’ll get hung by a gang of Sony fanboys! There' s no escaping them, they' re everywhere and them Dual-Shocks aren’t blue-tooth yet.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 25, 2006 07:52
GL,btw you going after the WM right?
Dionysius

RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 25, 2006 16:08
Actually I' ll be going 2 days after it begins. Hopefully they have televisions in Japan so I can at least watch one game or two.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 29, 2006 06:35
Maybe you could get me the enamel Navy DS :)
Dionysius

RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - May 29, 2006 19:00
If I see it!
< Message edited by dionysius -- 29 May 06 11:22:51 >
Dionysius

RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - Jun 11, 2006 15:35
Well, fellow Kikizo comrades, I’ve really enjoyed discussing games with you all, it’s been fun, but now the time has finally come for me to pass on. Now do not cry just because we shall part, this is a joyous time, and rest assured that I will be departing for a better place. And do know that our parting is but for a brief moment, for we shall meet again… As soon as I return from Japan, baby! JAPAN! WOHOOO!!!

I’ll probably miss you guys more, than you’ll miss me (if I remember you while all the fun I’ll be having, that is!), and rest assured I’ll try to perform some good/necessary deeds while gone, I’ve written it all on my “things to do when in Japan” list.

Eat yakotaki.
Buy original edition Shenmue I & II.
Find Yu Suzuki and convince (threaten) him to finish Shenmue.
Prove the existence of ninja’s in modern society.
Marry a bishoujo.
Smack Ken a BIG ONE!
Eat tayaki.

With that I bid you all SAYONARA!
Kaze

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - Jun 11, 2006 18:54
Greatest list ever.

Good luck, young sir.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - Jun 11, 2006 23:29
Bye then.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Ever been to Japan? I will have. - Jun 11, 2006 23:50
I' ve never been to Japan before.[:' (]

Enjoy your stay, even though you' ve probably gone already.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll