Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dawn Of War Soul Storm
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 27, 2007 09:34
http://au.gamespot.com/news/6179875.aspx

New race and introduction of Air Units. Still want the Tyranids though.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 27, 2007 11:29
Tabletop Warhammer is the only way to play. Those who have not experienced it' s money-sucking quasi-erotic warmth have clearly not lived a life worth living. Go spend 100s on tabletop miniatures. Do it now.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 27, 2007 11:59

Tabletop Warhammer is the only way to play. Those who have not experienced it' s money-sucking quasi-erotic warmth have clearly not lived a life worth living.

If I only knew about this earlier! I guess my life is doomed now ;)
Terrak

RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 27, 2007 12:03

Tabletop Warhammer is the only way to play. Those who have not experienced it' s money-sucking quasi-erotic warmth have clearly not lived a life worth living. Go spend 100s on tabletop miniatures. Do it now.

i already have!
< Message edited by Terrak -- 27 Sep 07 4:03:42 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 27, 2007 12:18

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Looks like I can die a happy man then. Ah the good old days of spending $20 on a single miniature model.

But seriously though, Dark Eldar are lame. I did not really like Dark Crusade either. Necron' s are boring as hell and Tau are literally the stupidest idea Games Workshop has ever had. There was no need for an Anime styled race that fights for the " Greater Good" with their gundam suits.

They should just scrap the expansion and head straight to Dawn of War 2. If they do that they can adjust the gameplay mechanics to allow a feasible Tyranid race. That would be much cooler.
< Message edited by unluckyone -- 27 Sep 07 4:18:57 >
Terrak

RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 27, 2007 12:47

feasible Tyranid race. That would be much cooler.

I think thats what all the fans want. But its not gonna happen with this expansion or any time soon.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 28, 2007 04:04

i already have!

Looks like I can die a happy man then. Ah the good old days of spending $20 on a single miniature model.

Dudes! Respect!

What do you/did you guys play?

I' ll post some photos of my old showpieces (I was seriously into painting/contests way back whenever) if I can find ' em.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 27 Sep 07 20:05:25 >
Terrak

RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 28, 2007 08:30
WH40k

Ultramarine/Imperial Guard

WH Fantasy

Dark Elves/ Empire

Minimum 4000pts each

I think i got close to 8000pt Ultramarine army. For some silly reason was trying to get the full company of troops (3rd company or black company). Admittedly i went overboard on the spending but that was a while back. I' ve painted a few up i' ll post them too. I think they look good but i' m no expert. I enjoy painting and i bet when i have more time (probably like when i retire) i' ll have a nice relaxing hobby to go back too - painting minatures. I don' t play anymore, would like too but its hard to get friends together for a game.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 28, 2007 10:05
Was mainly into Blood Angels. Also collected some Orks. It was a long time ago though and since I' ve moved, I really can' t say where they' ve ended up. 40k has changed heaps since I collected it. New rules, new models, etc so most of the stuff I had probably can' t even be bought anymore.

Perhaps one day I will return to it when I have the time and the money.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Dawn Of War Soul Storm - Sep 29, 2007 05:23
I played Orcs & Goblins for years, and then gaming started to get more and more expensive for me, so a little more money started going towards games every 2 weeks, and before I knew it I hadn' t touched my modeling table (now a fully-stocked modding table ) in months.

And same here UnluckyOne. They have entirely new models & rules for just about everything. I logged onto the Games Workshop site for kicks & giggles just now, and it' s amazing how much everything has changed.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll