Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Terminator Salvation Impressions
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Terminator Salvation Impressions - Jun 04, 2009 23:43
I dunno what I was expecting from this film.  4th in the series, already thought the 3rd was an unnecessary addition, after all they were supposed to have finished off Skynet in the 2nd one. Still Arnie was funny.

So this film was an all out summer action flic that was I guess meant to be a tribute the series?  It had too many nods and winks to the originals which all felt kinda forced, and it never really had a properly fleshed out and believable story of its own.

The story had too many points where you just thought, "nah thats just unlikely!", and seemed to be put in for convenience sake.  Overall made it just feel like a fan movie than fully fledged from concept to masterpiece like the originals.

If you thought the film Indepence Day was cheesy, this film could be compared to falling into a vat full of rotting stilton and asphyxiating.  There have been a lot of cheesy tribute films lately (Star Trek I'm looking at you) but Terminator Salvation was without a doubt the cheesiest film I've ever seen.  It was full of predicatable movie cliches, and Christian Bale needed some lozenges to soothe his permanently hoarse voice.  The end was just ridiculous - you'll just have to watch it to see how ridiculous.

Salvation was nowhere near as good or original as the T1 or T2, and just had no character of its own - in fact you could pretty much have the same film and call it Transformers or Star Trek, wouldn't make any difference.

I suppose the ony redeeming factor was how funny it was to see Arnold Schwarzenneger's face pasted onto a CG body that was more muscley than he ever was.

Anyone else seen it yet?  I dont want to spoil it for others, its still an entertaining movie with lots of explosions and graphics for people who like that stuff.
<message edited by choupolo on Jun 04, 2009 23:44>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message