Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced)
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 48
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 04:12

SAN FRANCISCO –April 28, 2008 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world' s largest video game publishers, announced that a new Prince of Persia is scheduled to release Holiday 2008 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. This new Prince of Persia marks the debut of the critically acclaimed franchise on next-generation consoles. Developed by Ubisoft' s award winning Montreal studio that brought you Assassin' s Creed(TM) and the same all-star team that created the previously acclaimed Prince of Persia® Sands of Time trilogy, Prince of Persia is opening a new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe, featuring a new breed of gameplay. The game is poised to rejuvenate the action-adventure genre in addition to introducing a brand-new illustrative art style.

Ubisoft will also release a Prince of Persia game specifically designed for the Nintendo DS(TM) system, featuring an entirely new storyline and new characters. More details to be unveiled in the future.

About the Prince of Persia Franchise Since Prince of Persia® Sands of Time' s launch in 2003, Prince of Persia has won over 30 awards worldwide, including the highly coveted Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2003' s Console Platform Best Action/Adventure Game of the Year for Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time(TM). To date, the Prince of Persia franchise has sold approximately 10,3 million units worldwide.

Check www.princeofpersiagame.com regularly for more news.

now this is just boring stuff, no images or anything

In anycase, more Sands of Time, less Warrior Within!
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 04:23
Sounds good... Although I' m hoping that they will concentrate more on AC2 than on Prince Of Persia
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 04:42
AC can take backstage for Prince of Persia any day of the week. The fact that is supposed to come out this year has me even more excited
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 04:47
I hated AC, even more than i hated Condemned 2, and more than im hating RVS2, which is a crappy game, im not sure ill ever play it again when i get GTA tomorrow!

Oh shit i made the thread about GTA
Chimura

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 04:50

Oh shit i made the thread about GTA

You know you wanted to
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 05:04
Well i actually havent liked a GTA since GTA2, they' ve been too loose!

Id like a modern GTA2, semi future! that be awesome!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 05:08
They' re all going to be like that for the next couple of days. Don' t fight it.

Prince of Persia is on a slow decline. The first game was amazing for the time, but the second and third really left much to be desired. God of War destroys the combat, and I frankly enjoy Assassin' s Creed' s free-running more than I do the latter Prince of Persia games. Say what you will about the combat and the repetitive nature of the title, it has some of the cleanest animations, and most entertaining platforming since the original PoP.
Chimura

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 05:13

Well i actually havent liked a GTA since GTA2, they' ve been too loose!

Id like a modern GTA2, semi future! that be awesome!

Haha, I am quite the opposite. I never played the first two, but III, VC and SA, I didn' t have problems with the idea, but the execution was terrible for me gameplay wise. GTAIV looks like it has fixed all of those and I am quite excited.

Prince of Persia is on a slow decline. The first game was amazing for the time, but the second and third really left much to be desired. God of War destroys the combat, and I frankly enjoy Assassin' s Creed' s free-running more than I do the latter Prince of Persia games. Say what you will about the combat and the repetitive nature of the title, it has some of the cleanest animations, and most entertaining platforming since the original PoP.

I agree that the last two had nothing on Sands of Time. And I do enjoy AC' s free running more, is awesome. But as a whole, AC falls flat, while the PoP trilogy is, at the very least, always engaging.

I think it was kind of unfair to compare GoW' s combat to that of PoP. The focus for both franchises are different, is like if I compared the platforming in PoP to GoW and NG, the winner is quite clear And in that regard, though NG is my favorite of the three, PoP' s combat (at least for WW and TT) is better implemented than the platform sections for NG and GoW (I have only played the first GoW and I am basing my opinion only on that).
< Message edited by chimura -- 28 Apr 08 21:15:43 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 05:18
It better not be a movie tie-in...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 05:39

It better not be a movie tie-in...

I was just going to say that I have a funny feeling that this will be a movie tie-in.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 07:35
I dont care what you guys say, WW was the best one... sure it lost some charm which the other two had and the swearing could have been toned down... but it easily had the best mix of fun platforming and a deep combat system. and it had the best story in the series (altough two thrones did a nice job of tieing things up), mix that up with the Dakaka chasing you throughout the game made it the best pop.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 07:44
This isn' t GTA4, I' m confused.
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 29, 2008 14:32
Actually i think Prince of Persia 2 might be the best one. The original 2d platformer, im sure none of you played it though.

AC free running looks fun and games, but its boring. Its as much fun as running on the ground, just with cooler animation.

PoP beats AC simply because it makes you plan your steps, in AC you just run!
Chimura

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - Apr 30, 2008 02:45

Actually i think Prince of Persia 2 might be the best one. The original 2d platformer, im sure none of you played it though.

I was one of the lucky few, had it on a CD that came with out first PC in 1993

Me being 6, I never managed to get too far though
Chimura

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 02, 2008 02:03

Kotaku

Original Article

What you guys think?
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 02, 2008 02:13
i cant say im too positiv about the screen. I dont see the cell shading in a pop game. its not a cartoon.
Chimura

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 02, 2008 07:20
Yeah, I am not completely sold on the cel-shading, but if they do it well and give it a magical feel, then it may work. I am very intrigued by the duel system though. That' s like a throwback to the PoP of old, one that I really like.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 02, 2008 08:15
Cel-shading is fuc.k awesome you morons.

Looks great as far as i' m concerned.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 02, 2008 08:49

Whuh?! Shadow of the Flame was awesome!

I agree with Majik. Cell shading is badass. Any and all questions on that incontestable fact can be presented to the orgasmic Afro Samurai screens released a few weeks ago. However, it does look a little odd in the PoP universe. I don' t know what they' re shooting for, but methinks it' s going to be reminiscent of the rotoscoped look of the first two.
Chimura

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 02, 2008 11:33
I have nothing against cell shading. I think is really pretty. I am just thinking about how they are gonna use it. If they use to emulate the fairy tale style of the Sands of Time, then I am all for it. If they wanted to recreate the Warrior Within and after atmosphere, then I would be a little worried. I just don' t see it translating.

However, they did make cell shade work with Zelda, so if done properly, I think this can work too.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message