Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Just bought a 360 today..........
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 02:10
.......... and had to return the fucking piece of shit! I got a Premium console with Gears, Crackdown and Pro Gothem for 399 Euro which is a pretty good deal. So when I took it out of the box I heard something moving in the console... ' That isn' t a good sign' I thought to myself. Anyway I connected all the cables and everything and pressed the power button but the console didn' t turn on. I looked at the power brick and the light was orange, so I thought the cables weren' t in right. I reconnected all the cables several times and still no good. So I tryed it again and it did finally turn on BUT the WHOLE ring started flashing! So I reconnected all the cables again and again and still no luck.... I knew it was something wrong with the AV cable so I kept reconnecting the AV cable and gave the connections a wipe and still no luck and so at this stage I was extremely pissed off and rang the store where I bought it and they said bring it in. So when I went in to the shop, the assistant rang Microsoft tech support and explained the problem and they said it is more than likely a faulty AV cable. So the shop offered me either a refund or a new console......... I told them to keep the console and got my money back!

Now you are all thinking that I should have taken another console but I really don' t want the hassle. I knew that at some stage the 360 might cause me trouble but not straight out of the box! I just don' t have the patience for shit like this.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 10 Apr 07 18:12:06 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 02:19
I bet you dropped it!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 02:21
On purpose!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 02:36
My that is bad luck, sorry to hear it... Probably was one that the staff kicked around a bit
So what are you gonna do now? wait for the newer 65nm 360' s? ps3? wii?
Duffman

RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 02:38

I bet you dropped it!

No I didn' t drop it!

I was really looking forward to playing Gears.... 360 IS trash.
Duffman

RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 02:41

My that is bad luck, sorry to hear it... Probably was one that the staff kicked around a bit
So what are you gonna do now? wait for the newer 65nm 360' s? ps3? wii?

Who knows it could have been.

Well I already have a Wii but there isn' t anything really worth playing on it so I don' t know what I' m going to do now. Should I risk getting another 360? I just don' t know....
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 03:00
Why didnt you take pics? Maybe it was something the good ol' kikizo forums could help with? Seems a little odd to me
Duffman

RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 03:13

Why didnt you take pics? Maybe it was something the good ol' kikizo forums could help with? Seems a little odd to me

Well I could have just got another console but just didn' t bother........ Maybe ye could have helped but I just didn' t want the hassle so I returned it. A problem with the 360! How does that seem odd?? I know the problem isn' t as common as the ring of death but fuck it, it was a fault thats all that matters. I might get one in a few months time..... maybe. I' m still pissed off about it...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 03:17
this happens all the time to 360' s, they are made from trash. at least some of the games are worthwhile.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 03:23
I had a 360 since release and had no problems with. Sold it now, but thats another thing.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 03:42
< Message edited by lotusson -- 10 Apr 07 19:42:22 >
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 03:45
I' ve had mine for over a year so it' s out of warranty now. Stories like these are worrying.

I can see myself having to shell out for a new one sooner or later.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 03:52
Bad luck mate. A year on, mine' s started to make loud grinding noises for the first few minutes when its cold, but then settles down. I remember my old PC doing that, and fixed it by cleaning and reoiling the cpu fan.. Might have to crack open the 360 if it gets really bad.

Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 05:17
I also tend to take " Bad Luck" like that, like a bad sign.

It' s like once when I went to a newly opened Pizzeria, and ordered a Margarita. I went home and was about to take the first bite, when I found a couple of hair straws baked in the dough... Never went to the pizzeria again. [:' (]
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 08:11
I would hold on to the money and wait for the Xbox 360' s based on the 65nm proccess. The fabrication change most likely means that the bugs in manufacturing will be squashed at the same time. The die shrink combined with the better disc drives would also make the 360 much more quiet.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 08:58

A problem with the 360! How does that seem odd?? I know the problem isn' t as common as the ring of death but fuck it, it was a fault thats all that matters. I might get one in a few months time..... maybe. I' m still pissed off about it...

I would have just got another one... and if it was defective traded it in, until i eventually got one that wasnt broken, unless you were waiting for the elite to come out
Duffman

RE: Just bought a 360 today.......... - Apr 11, 2007 10:11

I would have just got another one... and if it was defective traded it in, until i eventually got one that wasnt broken, unless you were waiting for the elite to come out

Well you see, the shop will only give me a new one within 28 days of purchase, after that I would have to send it off for repairs to Microsoft which would cost money as I would have to pay for postage. As I said before I just don' t want the hassle.... (even though I still want a 360! ....... I might change my mind....might)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll