Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Spiderman 2 for the PSP = kick a$$!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Spiderman 2 for the PSP = kick a$$! - Apr 23, 2005 16:04
Spiderman 2 for DS = Pure Ass!

I sat down earlier and finally unwrapped the PSP version of Spiderman 2 and played it. Finished it in one sitting without ever moving from the couch.

While obviously short I gotta say it' s definitely a pretty cool game! The sound is something else - nice use of the full stereo field and a nicely orchestrated score accompanies the action! The game sounds GREAT through my slightly expensive Sony ear buds, have no idea how it sounds through the cheap ear phones that come with the PSP. Graphics are solid as well and the Spidey character is well detailed! Enemy characters are kinda meh, but something had to give in an otherwise solid looking game.

The web slinging is plenty fun as are the combo attacks and some of the puzzles!
Only real issue I had with the game was that the camera at times can be somewhat of a nuissance but most of the time it follows the action well.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Apr 05 19:29:40 >
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Spiderman 2 for the PSP = kick a$$! - Apr 23, 2005 20:28
It looked like the console version. Whoopity-WHAT?
< Message edited by Willco -- 24 Apr 05 4:29:00 >
ClayBoy22

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Spiderman 2 for the PSP = kick a$$! - Apr 25, 2005 10:59
ok....im not wasting my money on a short game and spider-man the movies good but im not feelin the game.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Spiderman 2 for the PSP = kick a$$! - Apr 26, 2005 07:01

ORIGINAL: ClayBoy22
ok....im not wasting my money on a short game and spider-man the movies good but im not feelin the game.

Yes, but have you checked out the PSP version?

Um, neither have I.

It looks decent but I think this sort of thing will get a lot better on PSP.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Spiderman 2 for the PSP = kick a$$! - Apr 26, 2005 09:47
For a portable game, Spiderman 2 is bank! It has all the necessary elements for a good Gaming-on-the-go title. You can finish it on one battery charge and the 19 levels aren' t insanely long so you can knock a few levels out during a bus ride home or something.

This type of thing works much better on a portable system in my opinion. Can' t always expect to have 90 hour games, you' d never really get anywhere in them relying on the PSP' s varying battery life ;)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll