Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 02, 2006 18:23
Here is a link to the new Formula One Chamionship pics

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748480/imgs_1.aspx

the lighting and rain effects look awesome as well as reflections from the cars on the wet track I think is a nice touch as well Can' t wait for an updated video

Here is a link to new Motorstorm Pics

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/imgs_1.aspx

Need I say anything, this game looks truely next gen, I especially like the way that you create divots in the mud in real time and they remain that way through the whole race. you can really see how different the texture of shiney mud looks over the rocky terrain http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/img_4097316.aspx

hope you enjoy and let me know your thoughts
< Message edited by C*Dub -- 2 Dec 06 10:51:20 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 01:08
F1 could be using the unreal engine 8 and I still wouldnt play it, ..its F1. Boring.

Motorstorm is looking good, this game I will play, as its looks a little fun.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 03:13
thanks for the pics mate, everything looks delitious, i just cant whait for MotorStorm and F1 07.
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 06:39
no prob fernandino, I know I am also really excited about getting my hands on the final version of motorstorm ASAP.
Silentbomber

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 06:45
Come March, I will get it with my Ps3. Thats assumeing it launchs with the ps3 in europe, and the ps3 launchs in March, ..and I have enough money for ps3.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 08:00

Here is a link to new Motorstorm Pics

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/imgs_1.aspx

Everyone who thinks this looks great, have you never seen mud. F1 looks good though.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 08:48

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

F1 could be using the unreal engine 8 and I still wouldnt play it, ..its F1. Boring.

I liked F1 racing games, but that was a long time ago when they were still available on PCs, apparently sony got exclusive rights to the F1 license for a few more years so i won' t be playing it on a PC, and i ain' t getting a ps3 just for this game (i liked them but not that much). Looks good though admittedly.

Now couldn' t they make a racing game based on A1 that would make a good substitute.
Silentbomber

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 09:24

and i ain' t getting a ps3 just for this game

Ps3 for just F1? i thought getting ps3 for VF5 was crazy!, what about all the great games that will come out on ps3?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 09:42
I thought getting a ps3 period, was crazy
Terrak

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 09:51

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

and i ain' t getting a ps3 just for this game

Ps3 for just F1? i thought getting ps3 for VF5 was crazy!, what about all the great games that will come out on ps3?

I' m sure the ps3 will have heaps of games, unfortunately they don' t appeal to me. I' m primarily a PC gamer who enjoys FPS and RTS, which consoles aren' t really made for (IMO), though the Wiis control has potential.
fernandino

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 11:52
Looks like MotorStorm and FI 07 are going to be killer aps, here i give u some new interviews whit the developer of both games, fresh from IGN.com

MotorStorm Interview

we decided to move out of niches and make the uncoolest sector of racing games the coolest. But we also wanted to compete with all the triple-A products, not just off-road driving games, by creating a game that really captured the spectacle, the physics, the action and the entertainment of off-road racing.

MotorStorm truly feels like a AAA title, im very happy they took this direction cause i hate the ATV Offroad series,

We started by going over to Monument Valley and filmed the landscape from a helicopter, to make sure it was accurate in the game. We even had better reference guys than Planet Earth - in fact, the BBC came to us because we were the first in the world to be filming in 1080p. By doing this we could create a big statement; it enabled us to compete with DVD and make the most out of the new Blu-Ray format

Now thats pretty amazing, this game has " big" written all over its face.

we' re thrilled with the result, even though we didn' t squeeze in all the super-complex physics and animation. But MotorStorm now isn' t the fate d' complete, it' s the curtain raiser, it' s a hint at what' s to come next because we' ve only just started.

MotrStom has set the bar very very high, the phycics, the car models, the damage engine, all are awesome, i really cant imagine how would MotorStorm 2 look.

But what we' re confident of is that we' ve created one hell of a wrapper and the opportunities for what we can put inside are immense.-Martin Kenwright

Within five to ten years will be competing directly with the movie industry in terms of visual fidelity, except we' ll have the edge because our medium is interactive. I think games like Killzone will start setting the bar for what is possible.

Does he knowsanything about Killzone??? now i cant whait to play both games.
BTW his cousin owns the Everton and he likes the Liverpool, hahaha, pretty awesome guy, the reds suck tho.

Formula 1 07

the biggest difference is with the particle systems and the wet weather - we' ve made some big improvements in that respect. You can now see the reflections of the cars on the wet surface of the track and that' s quite a striking visual feature. It' s also impressive from a technical point of view, especially when you have all 22 cars racing together and the spray that the tyres kick up is made up from individual particles of water.

Cant whait,must look georgeus

We' ve enhanced the physics on the collisions and the damage system, plus there' s been a lot of work on the underlying game engine. All of the tracks are now in the game - there were only two in the TGS code - and we' ve incorporated the ' dawn skies' time session, where the cars go out for qualifying early in the day just as the sun is rising, casting long shadows on the track

I love that idea, Monza and Zuzuka look georgeus in the morning.

To give you an idea of the power of PlayStation 3, when we first started developing the game, for the first six months we were using high-end PCs to handle all the mundane pipeline stuff. But we ended up ditching them all and replacing them with a rack of PS3s because they handled all of the information quicker. In terms of raw processing power it absolutely rips apart a high-end PC.

As soon as they develop a new car we get all that information and it' s fed straight into the game. As a result, the cars handle pretty accurately, lapping to within a tenth of a second of what they' d do in real life.-Graeme Ankers

Players can determine if they want the weather to change during a race, but if it' s selected it' s randomly generated, although the game does take into account the track you' re racing on, so it' s more likely to rain heavily in Malaysia for example

Cool...
Terrak

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 12:28
Reason why alot of people here can' t trust sony -

link -

http://www.gametrailers.com/index.php?p=ps3

Search for Motor Storm Target Render vs Gameplay COmparison.

The difference with what was promised at e3 2005 to what is being delivered is (almost) like night and day[:' (]. Don' t get me wrong the game looks good but doesn' t even compare to the e32005 vids now does it.

Were eagerly awaiting the Killzone E32005 CGI vs real gameplay vid when it arrives.

Had sony simply shut its mouth and cut the bull$#!t then you' ll find that most people wouldn' t be paying out on them so much.
fernandino

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 13:07
as Adam said, thats an old code, why dont u download this gameplay video or even this one makesure u whatch them enitrely, those are post TGS codes from almost 2 months ago, the game would have improved the speed, but it looks sweet, i dont get how gametrailers made a comparison whitout a final version, they suck

first whatch the vids i gave u and then u can bitch as much as u like about the way it looks
Terrak

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 13:22
Look i' m on a work computer so i can' t use Bit torrent on them so downloading is out of the question. Anyway does it look anything like the E3 2005 CGI? How about some pictures, anything else that you can use to backup your claims?
fernandino

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 13:27
u dont need to use the torrent, below the page there is a direct download option whit 5 diferent links to use.

and BTW yes, it looks alot like the CG target, some things, like the ligth look even better, it looks kind of slowbut as i said this is an old code so they already took care of that.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 3 Dec 06 5:37:59 >
Terrak

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 13:58
Dude you got me to waste my time down loading that vid which looks exactly like it does in the video i linked to?!?!

Sure its seems a little faster but IT STILL LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE E3 2005 footage. Not even close. Please look carefully at all the detail in the CGI, the particle effects long smoke trails, the mud - which was cleared from the windscreen with the wiper blades, look at the great well detailed crashes. The real game does not have these nor does it even come close. Sure the real game looks brighter and has a lot more colourful, but the fact of the matter is that the Gameplay footage you linked STILL doesn' t look anything like the e3 2005 footage.
fernandino

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 14:08

ORIGINAL: Terrak

Sure its seems a little faster .

Faster??? accualy it looks very slow, it looks to me that u didnt downloaded

Terrak

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 14:12
My point is that IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE E3 2005 vid. I downloaded the video -

mgs06_motorstorm2.avi which is 75.6MBs

I was never comparing the speed i was comparing the look of the game. Apparently the term Target Render means thats what sony expected motorstorm would look like when complete, hense the term ' Target render' . But the game actually fell well short of that promise.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 3 Dec 06 6:12:37 >
fernandino

RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 14:23
well u are rigth, it doesnt looks 100% like the CG target, a 17 months developed game wont look like that, but it looks quite impressive, i would recomend u to download the other video, theres a reason why i posted it first, the one u downloaded only gives u the First person look, the other one its very impresive, and even tho the game fails short to reach the target in some aspects, in other it does reach it, like the car models, and in others even surpases it, like the ligth, if u can u shoulddownload the 105 mb. video, i guess MotorStorm wont dissapoint anybody for its graphic, just read Kikizo preview
< Message edited by fernandino -- 3 Dec 06 6:47:54 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: New Beautiful Racing Game Pics on the PS3 - Dec 03, 2006 17:54
I think MotorStorm looks okay generally, quite nice in places also with regards to lighting and better use of the blur effect than say PGR3. The only thing that is disappointing to me is the low level of texture detail on the environments and the aliasing issues present on the vehicles.

I haven' t seen the new build of the game running yet, just 720p screen grabs so I' m not sure if it looks any less jaggie than the current demo, but the texture detail still needs upping though.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 3 Dec 06 9:56:55 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread