Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 15, 2008 23:19
I hate Udo Kier.
I hate him because he' s not really a bad actor. He' s not a great actor, but he' s really good at certain types of scenes. He' s a perfect creepy, intense foreign guy. Unfortunately he seems to like shitty movies. At least his US releases anyway.

I don' t think I' d want to see a Far Cry movie anyway, much less one made by the crap-factory king Uwe Boll. Even the TRAILER looks low budget and cheesy.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 15 Feb 08 15:23:08 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 16, 2008 03:15
Who in the name of god finances his movies ? And WTF is wrong with these game publishers ? Why are they selling the rights to a fuck like him ?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 16, 2008 03:35
I saw in an interview that he acquired the rights to most of these games a while ago, probably before his sh!t productions started to drip in steadily.

I also read that the way the tax stuff for productions in Germany, or something along those lines, would no longer be the same, so Uwe would go back to low budgets (lower than his usually low budgets that is) So basically, even when his movies where monstrous flops, the money they made would still cover and make profits after the storm, hence why he kept getting budgets. But not anymore
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 16, 2008 04:53
Money has nothing to do with it. Uwe just has a gift in which he can turn everything into crap no matter how big the budget is for a movie.

It' s like he got the Midas Touch Craptacular version in his hands. Anything he touches turns to crap.

Fell free to go where ever you would like to with that comment.........
Chimura

RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 16, 2008 05:04
Oh, trust me, I am a firm believer that Uwe couldn' t make a 200 million $$ picture to be good. More money doesn' t necessarily mean better product. Anyone remember Water world and Battlefield Earth?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 16, 2008 05:59
Battlefield Earth............ or as Scientologists have come to call it:

Hitchhiker' s Guide to Xenu
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 18, 2008 03:48
Silent Hill has been the only decent videogame to movie adaptation so far. Videogames mostly just dont translate. I dont think Far Cry ever really had any potential did it?
Chimura

RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 18, 2008 06:17
The only reason Silent Hill is decent, is because they stuck to the source material. If you look at all other adaptations, Hollywood or Boll have just decided to do their own little " interpretations" of the games, which means f#cking the up and call it a day. That, or they pick games like Doom and Far Cry, which like you said, don' t have enough argument to be a movie. Far Cry works as a game, but as a movie, it could only be seen as a modern, action filled rip off of Island of Dr. Moreau, only backwards. And just as bad.
< Message edited by chimura -- 17 Feb 08 22:21:32 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 18, 2008 09:15

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Money has nothing to do with it. Uwe just has a gift in which he can turn everything into crap no matter how big the budget is for a movie.

It' s like he got the Midas Touch Craptacular version in his hands. Anything he touches turns to crap.

Fell free to go where ever you would like to with that comment.........

Not really, Canadagamer. Chimura is absolutely right.

From the Uwe Boll Wiki

Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 18, 2008 17:21
Oh what an awesome joke that last sentence is: " Is that your gun?" Ha. Ha. Ha.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Uwe Bolls Far Cry: The Movie - Trailer - Feb 19, 2008 08:38

I don' t think I' d want to see a Far Cry movie anyway, much less one made by the crap-factory king Uwe Boll.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll