Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 First GBA Micro face plate images
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
First GBA Micro face plate images - Jun 09, 2005 11:18
Hey everyone how does everyone feel about the GBA micro? ALso here is a shot of the first face plates i bet there will be more. Jus curious about everyones thoughts about it. From what i read at more then one place Nintendo is considering bringing the japanese Play-yan to the US as a bundle deal with the Micro to play Mp3s and Mpeg4 movies using the SD memory card. Which sounds cool i just hope it' s better quality then the GBA movie player which i have which is cool but it was cheap so i didn' t expect the best quality.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/gbmicro/scan01.jpg
SockmoVet2005

• Total Posts : 22
RE: First GBA Micro face plate images - Jun 09, 2005 15:02
They look nice indeed, but i see the GBMicro failing.

Its simply nothing more than a more compact Gameboy Advance SP. That said, it plays GBA SP games, and is not considered a different handheld. That also said, the GBA games production are coming to a screeching, yet slow stop, and by holiday time this year, there will be nothing being developed on it, something i can almost guarantee. With the DS and the PSP in play, developers have turned its cheek, thus the dying of GBA games. I still have my SP and play it everyday, and i got as much fun out of it as i possibly could, but I could see myself selling it (after im done playing minish cap).
Phoenixxx1974

RE: First GBA Micro face plate images - Jun 09, 2005 18:25
yeah they are just trying to kill time until they finish the successsor off the GBA like a new GBA2 to fully compete against the PSP. IF the price is right and if it does come with the play-yan i will just buy it for the play-yan since it cost like $80 in japan and just use the play-yan on my DS or GBA. Plus i have all the incarnatin of the GBA might as well complete my set with the micro hehe i am a loyal fan of Nintendo

well the GBA has been around for quite a while. Do you think they will keep the name Gameboy for the new supposed GBA 2? Or give it a new name? I mean the name gameboy has world recognition.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: First GBA Micro face plate images - Jun 09, 2005 18:28
But hey, look at it this way. Everyone will know that you' re a nerd cause your eye doctor will be prescribing you with the thickest glasses with black lens. Ahhh...only a true nerd would buy a micro!
Phoenixxx1974

RE: First GBA Micro face plate images - Jun 10, 2005 00:20
Didn' t you ever the movie Revenge of the Nerds? We win and get the girl. Things have changed and there are more of us nerds out there.

SO " NANY NANY BOO BOO"

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message