Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3?
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 96
Max_chelsea

• Total Posts : 30
Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 10, 2006 04:28
i am in a dillema i want ot buy 360 but i think i will kick my self if i buy 1 if the ps3 is amazing
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 10, 2006 05:06
Ok, now no offense but we don' t really need another PS3 thread. If you' re having difficulty making your mind up about what to do or just want some advice then you should either ask in one of the pre-existing threads or PM one of the forum users.

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 10, 2006 05:28
...please... ...stop... idiocy...very... irritating....
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:37
Easy... a few options....

1) Buy both.
2) Buy neither.
3) Wait patiently for the PS3 to have a launch (where you are would be good)... see what you think of it.. Only then decide which is the console for you.
4) Weigh up the games coming out for each and see which one more suits your tastes.

They say patience is a virtue, however you could just give up on technology and the world as we know and live in a cave, or under a rock. It seems decision making isn' t a strong point so i' ll make a suggestion... Rock.

Have a nice day
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:52

pzownd!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:55
although people say that the ps3 threads are getting old, i say, if someone wants to post one, let ' em, and if ya dont like it, then don' t post, and save your energy for other threads.

As for why sony is being information stingy, i think they' ve got an ace in the hole here. I think that they' re building up to E3 in May, So they can flood us with trailers, 3rd party information, a final case design (it' s about time) and dare i say it... playable demos? and start up buzz again, so just as the people start to get sick of sony, or like many of us on this site, have been sick of sony for months now, will be thrown back into the media explosion.

I' m getting both consoles, so it doesn' t matter to me, but if you were to go one way. i' d say do this. read the article about the hands on with ps3 on kikizo' s main page. and if it' s to your liking, then buy it, because by that time, the 360 is sure to take a price slash or two. making it more affordable. the hardest part of the whole jobbie is waiting for half-a-year while everyone else has a 360!
happy console hunting
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:58
It' s not that, ...it' s why do we need 5???!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 07:09
no no Majik, i' m not singling you out at all, it' s just that i think that people have a right to post what they like, within reason. but, because i don' t like animosity, here you go, i' m putting up a 360 thread as we speak .
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 07:32
LOL!

^5 Eddie!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 08:05
1,why should they not be quiet?
MS dont know when they gonna be stabbed.
2.you tell us nothing about past consoles and games,and genres you liked so far.

How do you think we could help you at all?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 08:42
Maybe becuase they have nothing to say.

Just a thought.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 08:53
Because it' s not coming out yet.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 09:40
Adam.... Short and Deadly
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 19:14
Launch games are all crap, so it' ll be ages before there' s summat worth playing on PS3. Ages! By then you could have saved up again.

Better to get a 360, as soon as there' s a killer app worth playing on that, which there isn' t really yet.

Generalisation is fun.
QuezcatoL

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 20:20

So who wins the award as the sexiest person on Kikizo?

Something tells me a lot of dev are working with great ps3 titles they havnt announced yet...
i doubt 4000 dev kit out there will only produce some titles.and especially not many great.
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 23:43

Me!

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 00:17

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Me!

What, are there like, no girls in this forum? Not surprised if there isn' t but...
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 Feb 06 16:18:09 >
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 00:18
I could dress up for you, but it' d be pretty scary...
OptaviusX

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 01:42
#1 Main reason is they know they aren' t 2 times more powerful than the 360 as they were claiming. Nvidia knows (sony would never admit it) that the ps3 videocard is inferior to the one inside the 360. Not because Nvidia couldn' t make one to compete with it. Nvidia could do that easily the problem is sony came to Nvidia much too late for them to get anything proper done like ati did for microsoft. Which is why the rsx is basically a 7800GTX 512

#2 Sony has a very high installed base and sony will have strong competition against the 360 in north america and europe the 2 biggest gaming markets.
The last thing sony wants to do is any news to get out that the ps3 isn' t actually powerful enough to embarass the 360 and deliver all of its games at 1080p. ALOT of people waiting to buy a ps3 in north america, europe and especially japan were holding out for JUST that reason. The console is so powerful that every single game can run at not only 1080p, but at 120fps? Not just 1 1080p output, but 2 at the same time. Why is this news getting out bad? People will begin to realize " hey maybe getting a 360 isn' t so bad afterall"

#3 Sony knows if it can keep quiet about things the ps3 will sell like crazy regardless on launch day, they don' t want to do anything that will kill the console' s hype and make the launch not as impressive as it should' ve been. The last thing they want to do is end up contributing to xbox360 sales in japan worst of all or anywhere else in the usa or europe.

#4 The case they showed at the consumer electronics show was empty.... Not only do they need to manufacture the consoles there is no case to speak of to fit it all in because that case they showed doesn' t have enough space. I knew something was up when peter moore mentioned there is something weird about that case it doesn' t seem official or finished. Has that empty look to it... a console of THAT power NO ventilation to speak off? Not a single ventilation hole... did they plan for the ps3 to cool down when someone pops open the blu ray drive?

#5 They successfully marketed against themselves (very hard to do, but they pulled it off) They insulted the 360 called it inferior and not true hi definition because it outputted the games at 720p resolution. The true next generation starts with the ps3 and the xbox360 is merely xbox 1.5. 720p by their competitor is a joke and it isn' t true hi definition. True hi definition is 1080p. Oddly enough majority of sony' s games will be 720p just like the 360s.

Thats another thing they can' t risk people finding out.

Everyone here needs to remember that everything just now available for the 360 demo downloads, movie trailer downloads, game trailer downloads, music & movie download service (which is on the way for the 360) was promised by sony that all would be possible with the ps2. Turns out that isn' t the case and sony yet again ended up doing the same thing.

Not saying people wont enjoy the ps3 i plan on getting one if its released anytime soon and I hear good things about it.

Sony' s best bet is keeping their mouths shut and just give a release date a price close to launch and showing more fancy videos. Of course though they' ll be showing off the most impressive things from some of their best developers. Look out for some impressive looking i-8 footage. When I say i-8 footage I mean actual ingame gameplay impressive footage.

< Message edited by OptaviusX -- 14 Feb 06 17:45:02 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 01:51
I dont know if europeans wait for 1080p or i cause...
well not even 3% in europe has a hdtv.
Not does any tv channel here broadcast in HDTV,atleast not in sweden,but they are gonna do that later this year,or rather one cable channel.
Thats the problem in europe why pay fpr a expensive HDTV when no tv channel broadcats in it...

ANd MS talk about so many who use HDTV and BROADBAND...
Well basically they wsold so far tio the hardcore audience not the real audience,thats why their facts is just bias.

Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 96

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message