Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 15:15
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 16:07
I reserved this the other day and I haven't even been keeping up with it. I guess the fact that you get the original Banjo for free if you pre-order is a good selling point.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 16:22
Yeah that video pretty much killed the game for me, I thought they said the vehicle stuff was a minor part of the game? It obviously isn't.

Banjo games are about running around beating and collecting shit and using kazooie's wings to fly around, this is something else with the Banjo license attached, fuck rare, it looks like they really never were able to make a good game after leaving nintendo, pathetic.
<message edited by emofag on Sep 14, 2008 16:32>
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 17:16
Looks great .. Thanks quez ..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 17:43
Emofag actually has a point,while some ppl has critized and been worieed about the idea of an old school Banjo with better graphic,thats basically what all the fans wanted tbh.
But even so lets try the game first and see how it ends up,might still be fun...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 19:19
Old school platformers are the shit. Why do people feel like the formula needs to be changed? It's not like we've gotten a really good true platformer to begin with this generation, short of Mario Galaxy.
2pac

Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 19:50
So you guys basically want old school gameplay with shiny graphics ?
mastachefbkw

Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 19:56
Bingo.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 20:21

I don't even need shiny graphics. I'd pay full price for a proper sequel to Spyro or Crash, with PS1 visuals.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 20:26
Why do people feel like the formula needs to be changed?  Because artists/designers/programmers don't want to be stuck doing the same crap they've already done for the rest of their careers. 

And who said vehicles were only a small part of the new Banjo?  All along they've been saying that the entire game hinges on them.  No levels are "locked" in the old sense; you access them by expanding the capabilities of your vehicle (e.g. flying higher). 
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 20:39

Why do people feel like the formula needs to be changed?  Becauseartists/designers/programmers don't want to be stuck doing the samecrap they've already done for the rest of their careers.

But see, that's the thing. Short of Nintendo, Insomniac, and Naughty Dog,  most major name studios haven't had much experience in a true platformer to begin with.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 22:24
Bionic Commando: Rearmed.  Old school with shiny new graphics.  My friend and I were doing co-op, and it's fun.
2pac

Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 14, 2008 23:26
But if everybody does that we will be left with stagnant genres .
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 15, 2008 04:18

I'd pay full price for a proper sequel to Spyro or Crash, with PS1 visuals.

QFT
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 15, 2008 05:11
Zoy

Why do people feel like the formula needs to be changed?  Because artists/designers/programmers don't want to be stuck doing the same crap they've already done for the rest of their careers. 

And who said vehicles were only a small part of the new Banjo?  All along they've been saying that the entire game hinges on them.  No levels are "locked" in the old sense; you access them by expanding the capabilities of your vehicle (e.g. flying higher). 

It needs to stick to its roots because it's banjo, if they want to make something stupid they should have made another failure IP instead of ruining one of their only good ones. 

I don't even know WTF this game is supposed to be, nothing shownresembles anything close to a platformer, it's like a ugly cartwheelsimulator.

This is nothing like Banjo, it'd be like if Halo 4 turned out to be Japanese RPG and Mario Galaxy 2 a first person shooter, NO, fuck that, they are shooters and platformers, and thats what they should always be, dont fuck around with them, make spin offs if you want to fuck around.

I guarantee this game will suck, honestly, did anything in that video, anything AT ALL look like fun? It's a pile of shit.

<message edited by emofag on Sep 15, 2008 05:17>
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 15, 2008 12:21
mastachefbkw

Bingo.

^This.

That looks like crap. Rare's talent died with the N64 i'm afraid.
<message edited by killemoff on Sep 15, 2008 12:23>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 15, 2008 20:47
Viva Pinata hoes your life son. You watch your mouth.

But if everybody does that we will be left with stagnant genres .

Untrue.

IW have been making the same Call of Duty for five years now. Epic have been making UT for twice that. Nintendo has been making the same Mario games for nigh on 20 years now.

Certain things will always be fun. A well designed platformer is one of them.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Sep 15, 2008 20:51>
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 15, 2008 21:28
I disagree...  the Super Mario series has changed markedly with almost every new game.  They've just managed to strike a great balance between the familiar and the new along the way.
mastachefbkw

Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 16, 2008 02:21

^This.

That looks like crap. Rare's talent died with the N64 i'm afraid.

I was referring to Tupac's post.

killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
Re:EVERYBODY LOVES QUEZZZ!!! (30 min-gameplay footage of Banjo) - Sep 16, 2008 09:05
Eddie_the_Hated

Viva Pinata hoes your life son. You watch your mouth.

It can do whatever it wants with my life, as longs as it ensures a proper Banjo-Kazooie sequel. :(

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll